where to get auto ECU chipped cheap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

where to get auto ECU chipped cheap

I want an auto ecu thats chipped and has a rev limit of 8000 rpm also has no speed limiter and vtec at 45oo like stock so does anyone have any good places to get one from? I can spend 100-190 dollars.....FTW thanks

Originally posted by veyvey View Post
    I want an auto ecu thats chipped and has a rev limit of 8000 rpm also has no speed limiter and vtec at 45oo like stock so does anyone have any good places to get one from? I can spend 100-190 dollars.....FTW thanks
    um you don't chip an auto ecu you get either a p28 or p06 and have that chipped to what you want. And I am sorry but the ecu alone will cost you anywhere from 50 to 100 bucks and chipping on top of that costs like another 100 with a base map then you have to go get it tuned which costs 100 bucks per hour average. I think you need to read more about chipping and tuning before you go posting stuff like this.
    F22b + MP1A = mad fun for me now. . .

MY RIDE
    My swap parts list and pricing

vouches:
    Bought from: Smeagren83(quite a few times now LOL), 97lude, AZaccord, M3torz2nR, g7kobayashi, sickoffthe206 and Kurobei, Jarhead, prNonVtec4u, caserX

Sold to: Snailin91, Smeagren83, cb7dazz, Drummersteve7, Slick

Comment

Originally posted by DA92CB7 View Post
      um you don't chip an auto ecu you get either a p28 or p06 and have that chipped to what you want. And I am sorry but the ecu alone will cost you anywhere from 50 to 100 bucks and chipping on top of that costs like another 100 with a base map then you have to go get it tuned which costs 100 bucks per hour average. I think you need to read more about chipping and tuning before you go posting stuff like this.
      "I want an auto ecu thats chipped and has a rev limit of 8000 rpm also has no speed limiter and vtec at 45oo like stock so does anyone have any good places to get one from"

read again dude it says i want to know if anyone knows where i can get one already chipped...... and i know i have to take it to the dyno what u think im new to cars im 28yrs old.....now some one other than this guy help me on this,,,

and i got more than 190 just want to stay under my budget i have.

also 75 for base run three times then 100 per hour for tune...
      ps im in norcal. thanks
      Last edited by veyvey; 04-08-2009, 09:27 PM.

Comment

and don,t use a p06 like was stated sbove thats a d series ecu and a non vtec ecu
        needing a new project got rid of bagged S10 going back to Honda's

Comment

Originally posted by mysticude View Post
          and don,t use a p06 like was stated sbove thats a d series ecu and a non vtec ecu
          A stock one won't work, but a chipped one will. Get your facts straight.

I can chip an ecu for $85 shipped. This doesn't include an ecu.

Now, the deal with automatics and chipped ecu's is that they don't always work well together. Most of the time if you plug up a chipped ecu the transmission won't shift properly. The only remedy I've found so far is to buy a separate ecu extension harness. You can get one from rywire for about $110.

You won't ALWAYS needed, but about 8/10 times you will. I've tuned a total of 6 autos and only 2 have NOT needed this harness. I don't know why, but it is what it is. I'm in the process of finding out what exactly makes this harness work.
          Last edited by d112crzy; 04-08-2009, 10:45 PM.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

speak of the devil. ^ he can help you

MY RIDE

vouches:
            Bought from: Smeagren83(quite a few times now LOL), 97lude, AZaccord, M3torz2nR, g7kobayashi, sickoffthe206 and Kurobei, Jarhead, prNonVtec4u, caserX

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy View Post

Now, the deal with automatics and chipped ecu's is that they don't always work well together. Most of the time if you plug up a chipped ecu the transmission won't shift properly. The only remedy I've found so far is to buy a separate ecu extension harness. You can get one from rywire for about $110.

You won't ALWAYS needed, but about 8/10 times you will. I've tuned a total of 6 autos and only 2 have NOT needed this harness. I don't know why, but it is what it is. I'm in the process of finding out what exactly makes this harness work.
              ok sorry my bad I was no aware of this fact, so looking at your web site you can chip my p06 for vtec and I wouldn't have to buy a p28
              needing a new project got rid of bagged S10 going back to Honda's

Comment

this is true.

MY RIDE

vouches:

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy View Post

well my car is no longer a dd so i can mess with it and will not need the harness right away....can the p13 be chipped?

if i buy a virgin p28 do i need to get auto of 5 speed? meaning can you convert an ecu to auto from 5 speed? noob question i know but i really dont know the answer

Comment

Originally posted by veyvey View Post
                    if i buy a virgin p28 do i need to get auto of 5 speed? meaning can you convert an ecu to auto from 5 speed? noob question i know but i really dont know the answer
                    The ECU does not control the tranny. Our cars have separate TCU's that handle everything with the tranny.

PARTING OUT MY 1990 EX COUPE!! EVERYTHING FOR SALE! CLICK HERE
                    Listen or download the first 4 songs I completed for my new upcoming album here!!
                    My member's ride

Comment

Originally posted by AbsurdNY View Post
                      The ECU does not control the tranny. Our cars have separate TCU's that handle everything with the tranny.
                      sorry if it sounded like i ment that the ecu does that im saying that i know it dont but you do have to get either a auto or manual ecu for the motor.

Comment

It doesn't matter if you get a auto or 5speed ecu.

ALso, a p13 is chippable, but is not fully tunable. Thus, making it pretty much useless to chip a p13 or any prelude or accord ecu.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

your best bet and I have done this already for a friend is to buy a manual P28 and get it chipped and tuned then plug it in just like you have your stock ecu and TCU setup. Make sure you have the best sutied TCU for your application though. My buddy was stubborn and wouldnt get a lude H22 auto TCU instead he ran a 5th gen accord auto TCU and it performed like SHIT!!!!

If you got the ECU yourself from a JY or such you could probably find someone to chip it for >100. I charge 50 for the chipping and you pay shipping both ways. Tuning is another story. I could burn a basemap on there but thats not necessarily the route to go because you may end up decding to run that and not tune it on a dyno or street tune and then your motor gets messed up because of the tune and come back at me for your mistake.
                          "you can catch me swoopin 4G coupin switchin lanes" haha haha.

1993 SE coupe drag car ahoy!

1992 EX coupe 5 spd **sold **

1991 LX sedan 5 spd **tore the tranny apart**
                          sold to: jakfrostwhite,F22Cb7Rid3r, and many others
                          Did work for: jhoff_cb7
                          Traded with: 1990AccordEX,pr3pg4lyfe

Comment

the P13 is chippable, just doesn't allow the FULL tuning capabilities that other ECUs can offer. I got mine chipped locally in PHX at Locashracing. He did a perfect job, no shifting issues w/ the Auto trans or anything. VTEC at 4500 and Rev limit at 8k. Its been working perfectly since I got it done. cost me 150 but he said if I ever needed anything in the future, it'll be no charge (ie: adjust VTEC or convert to manual ECU)

You're able to remove the speed limiter, EGR, knock, and adjust other things but for where I'm at in my H22, its fine for now (just bolt ons)

Its kinda nice now, when I go WOT from a stand still, it stays in VTEC when it shifts in D4 in the 1-2 gear change, so if I do get lazy and don't want to do it manually, i can just leave the stick in D4 and chirp the tires in 2nd everytime....which is pretty good for an auto....my last auto didn't do that lol
                            Last edited by Losiracer2; 04-10-2009, 03:56 AM.

member's ride thread
                            93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
                            99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
                            91 Accord SE 176k
                            97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

These folks may be able to help... http://www.phearable.net/

Comment

Working...
                              X