why quit your job in this economy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

why quit your job in this economy?

because rebuilding cylinder heads at 7.50 an hour is garbage.
    I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Originally posted by wed3k View Post
    Because I have insurance on all of my credit lines. Unemployment pays my shit.

But yeah, That is garbage.

Claire - '92 Mercedes-Benz 500E - AMG&Bilstein Treatment - The Wolf in Sheep's clothing.

Alice - '97 BMW 540i6 - Dinan Tuned. - Low Profile Weekend Warrior.

Felicia - '11 Ford Fusion - Luxury Package - Daily.. daily.. ugh.

Originally posted by JoshM
    Okay to do: "I'm sorry I broke your mailbox, here's $100.
    NOT okay to do: "I'm sorry I fucked your sister, here's $100.

Comment

Isn't minimum wage in CA creeping on $9/hr?
      Gary A.K.A. Carter
      [sig killed by photobucket]

Comment

because i make 9.50 wrapping sandwiches in the airport.

wait......

Comment

Originally posted by The G-Man View Post
          Yeah. That's why his was a low blow.

1993 Honda Accord LX 2004-2009
          1996 Honda Civic LX 2009-2012
          2012 Kia Optima LX 2012-2013
          2010 Honda Accord EX-L V6 2013-2018
          2007 Honda Fit Sport 2017-2017
          2018 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0T 2018-20XX

Comment

Originally posted by The G-Man View Post
            precisely why i quit, id rather be doing something else more productive than making 7.50

im going to be making approximately 350 this weekend in automotive work. it will also give me more time to finish up a stock D15 build and my auto-x car.
            I <3 G60.

Comment

with pay that low, it isn't really worth staying until you finish up your own stuff, huh? later.
              Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

Originally posted by TypeG View Post
                with pay that low, it isn't really worth staying until you finish up your own stuff, huh? later.
                couldnt deal with boss anymore, decided to quit when he needs me most. we were moving the entire shop and only have 3 weeks till land lord acts. i have too much on my plate right now and the next thing i need is to work twenty hours and have someone in my ear nagging like an old girlfriend.

ive hooked up with someone else and we're going to be building cars, building engines, hustling parts etc.

ill just bring my machine work somewhere else, buy my own precision equipment and check everything myself. you know what they say, "if you ever want to do something right, do it yourself."
                I <3 G60.

Comment

Originally posted by JunyAccord View Post
                  because i make 9.50 wrapping sandwiches in the airport.

wait......
                  o hot damn

Comment

Depends - Are you in your job for qualifications / experience / or just because its a job?
                    Times ARE tough (and will be for a while), everyone is feeling it - I work at Honda NZ and I'M feeling it, no payrises this year reguardless of performance, and salesmen being cut left right and centre.
                    What do YOU want to do "longterm"??
                    Start thinking about your future. IMHO don't "quit outright" finding a new job will be harder (unless you have a good job lined up already)

If you think big - eg look at Honda - Cut the NSX and S2000 this year to save themselves from the economy.
                    Sure they will bounce back, but they are doing what they know is right - Saving themselves from total loss.

Just quietly but for example, Atm Honda NZ is buying cars from japan at $10 and selling them for $8 while at the same time they are BORROWING money to pay wages . . .
                    What does that say . . .

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

call san mateo cops on ur boss. tell me to pay u 5k or u callin the law.

Comment

eww and i thought i was making slave wages... wait slaves don't get paid.

hell i haven't had a pay raise in 4 years myself reguardless how many tasks or how important they are and that i've completed them. it seems like every month when i get my review it's the same old shitty excuse.

Comment

shitty dood. time to fab up some shit and sell it.
                          -:¦:-
                          Originally posted by wed3k
                          i rep cb7tuner all day, everyday. people say, "fuck y0 honda." and i say, "bitch, please."

Comment

damn, I couldnt live off that shit especially in CA. Up your game some, not even kunta kente got paid that little.
                            1993 Accord LX - Sold
                            93 BMW 525it - SOLD
                            92 Accord EX Sedan - SOLD
                            2000 Accord Coupe - Traded-In
                            2003 Accord V6 6spd Coupe - Sold
                            2001 Honda Civic Ex - SOLD
                            2013 Chevy Traverse LTZ - Kid hauler
                            2003 Acura Tl 3.2 - Daily Commuter

Comment

Originally posted by The_Great_Pretender View Post
                              damn, I couldnt live off that shit especially in CA. Up your game some, not even kunta kente got paid that little.
                              that made me chuckle. makes me wonder how my older coworkers with families and bills to pay survive.

Comment

Working...
                              X