honda passport thoughts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

honda passport thoughts?

or the isuzu rodeo, pretty much a GM vehicle. i need something with a honda badge to drive but large enough to carry my tools and possible tow a trailer.

i dont have the budget for a pilot or element.
    I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

i'd get me a toyota "pickup"/tacoma and call it a day.

Comment

i want a SUV because people tend to steal things out the back of a pickup unless i put a shell or a tonneau
      I <3 G60.

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k View Post
        or the isuzu rodeo, pretty much a GM vehicle. i need something with a honda badge to drive but large enough to carry my tools and possible tow a trailer.

i dont have the budget for a pilot or element.
        Don't do it man.

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k View Post
          i want a SUV because people tend to steal things out the back of a pickup unless i put a shell or a tonneau
          ahh....old skool 4 runner mayne.

Comment

Originally posted by JaK FRoSTWhiTE View Post
            Don't do it man.
            x2. I've heard nothing good about Rodeos/Passports.

Pathfinders and 4Runners on the other hand....

1999 BMW M3
            2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
            2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
            2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

Blazer, if you're handy with tools.

Most items that wear out are dirt cheap to replace, and I love just about everything about my 99 4-door: handling, power, height, room, features...

IMO the blazer is a much better built GM truck than the Rodeo/Passport, and I too was interested in those at one point.

And for the record, GM trucks are of higher quality than GM cars in my experiences.
              MRT(vvv) --Stock CB7 Enthusiast #1--

Vouches: new_beginnings, ThrakBarts, beanzfynest617, JaK FRoSTWhiTE, 92_EX_Ninja, mak
              Originally posted by deevergote
              i am with the dumb. i cannot brain.

Comment

argh. are you guys asking me to get a 4runner and swap a 1uz into it??? muhahahahaha
                I <3 G60.

Comment

my parents had a 97 passport for a couple of years and never had any problems with it, but i would definitely get a yota.

'04 SB AP2 211whp 150wtq

Comment

4 runner.
                    Click for my ride thread.

Comment

x1 million on the 4runner. or get a toyota hilux

Comment

I've got nothing but praise for the Pathfinder. I got mine for a steal, and it's been good so far.

I like the 4Runner more, but in my area you could get considerably more Pathfinder for your money.

Comment

I am a honda tech, and those passports are fine when they don't give you problems. when they do, it is a headache. those trans suck balls. I did a trans service on one of those once, and it came back two weeks later slippin like a mofo. wasn't my fault because it was not low on fluid either. to change the valve cover gasket on of those are another story. it is just a bitch to work on those cars. doing a t belt is easy though. LOL. put it this way, there aren't too many honda techs that will want to work on those cars. majority of techs will try to avoid those passports. although, I must say, working on passports do mean money for us techs. it's just that most people don't want to work on them. my opinion kind sir, please don't buy one. lol. get a tacoma.
                          The beginning of a new era............................
                          165 hp 149 ft. lb. torque sohc non vtec. then....
                          184 whp and 149 ft. lb. torque f20b stock now......

Comment

done deal, ill need the 1uz for towing and rock crawling anyways.
                            I <3 G60.

Comment

i like them. think they're good suvs

Yes my name is Dang, Don't use in vain
                              1992 Honda Accord EX (Coupe/Bordeaux/Auto)
                              1992 Honda Accord EX (Coupe/Bordeaux/H22A MT)
                              2008 Honda Accord EXL (Coupe/SanMarino/6spd)

Comment

Working...
                              X