So I worked on a LOW mileage CB7 today!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So I worked on a LOW mileage CB7 today!

You wouldn't believe your EYES! I didn't at first, but then I couldn't argue w/ proof. I present you one of the lowest mileage accords I've ever seen. I even got to drive it and fix her up today.

I did quite a bit of maintenance on it today. Changed the VC gasket and all the grommets, did a Seafoam treatment, Drain and filled the Trans w/ Honda ATF, drained and filled the radiator w/ Honda Blue coolant, fixed the headlight bulbs w/ better ones so he could see better at night, installed my spare Energy suspension mount insert and good cond. motor mount in front, and I did an oil and filter change to it. Took the entire day but was pretty fun to do all that at once.

The ONLY thing wrong with it was it had a torn D/S outer CV boot that slung grease everywhere, so I'll prob. be fixing that pretty soon. I guess I'm his new personal mechanic lol. But that was IT! no other problems than that, the car was a dream to drive, just what I imagined what my car would be like brand new. It had a surprising amount of torque for a bone stock CB7, it was the EX Sedan w/ the F22A6. Paint was flawless, so nice and shiny...all original and garage kept since birthage. He said he bought it back in 2000 for $8800 and it had about 31000 miles on it. But since then he's replaced the timing belt, water pump, master cylinder, and transmission because the previous owners took it to some crappy K mart and when they did the 30K service on it, they didn't use Honda ATF fluid just the generic shit and that killed the trans later down the road, so he he had to get a new one. just thought i'd share
    Last edited by Losiracer2; 03-30-2009, 02:47 AM.

member's ride thread
    93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
    99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
    91 Accord SE 176k
    97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Kleeeeeeeen!!!
    i wonder how much that would sell for

Comment

Originally posted by skilzz View Post
      Kleeeeeeeen!!!
      i wonder how much that would sell for
      dude thats what i was wondering too. how much would someone pay if that was listed on Ebay or something? 5000? 6000?

I mean it does have ONLY 45K miles on it, imagine how fresh the engine is. When I was driving it back from the BAP imports parts place, we took the freeway and I glanced down and he had 245 miles on a half tank of gas. I mean thats like at least 32-34 mpg isnt it? It was slightly above the half mark.

interior even has seat covers just for protection. So I doubt the stock seats even have a speck of dirt on em.

member's ride thread
      91 Accord SE 176k

Comment

wat is that carpet looking thing covering the dash?

and im curious as to wats the story behind why the car wasnt being driven over the years

Comment

and im curious as to wats the story behind why the car wasnt being driven over the years
          oem dashmat, protects from sun damage!

smoke tires, not drugs.

Comment

He bought it from a guy locally here in AZ that was from Iowa, so the car came from Des Moines Iowa I think. They were what we call "snowbirds" people that just come here in the winter time so they won't have to tough it out in the midwest. The original guy rarely drove the car, I mean he bought it new and only put 30K on in 8 yrs. And even this second owner, only put on 15K since 2000 so he rarely drives it too. The last oil change was done back in 2007 and it wasn't even past the date yet. It had 2k miles to go. But the time period def. was lol, so I told him he should change his fluids.

He mostly drives his parents cars and this one is a garage junkie lol.

member's ride thread
            91 Accord SE 176k

Comment

That is a nice cb7....

why pay $5-$6000??? I would pay around 3720 as that what it blue books for
              [1993 45k se in excellent cond, private owner]
              ____

Comment

Originally posted by Losiracer2 View Post
                we took the freeway and I glanced down and he had 245 miles on a half tank of gas. I mean thats like at least 32-34 mpg isnt it? It was slightly above the half mark.
                that accord is verrry clean. my last tank of gas i got 300 on the halfway mark... the tank ended up being about 31.5. i went 460 miles on that tank. still good though!
                Originally posted by deevergote
                These cars will never be the best at anything, but they're pretty damn good at everything.

92ex CB7<-SOLD 93ex CB9shiftingshift73C10

Comment

45k thats not too shabby.

There's one I see everyday that has 6k miles, and everything is still clean. Straight from the factory.
                  Henry R
                  Koni/Neuspeed
                  1992 Accord LX R.I.P
                  1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
                  Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
                  made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

Where the hell does Kmart have auto repair services?

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

they used to a long time ago like back in the late 80s. i know the one where i work now used to have a garage for oil changes on the side of the building.
                      A different store moved in and now it's our lawn and garden senter.

Comment

those seats look great. No rips, scuffs, booger stains, or anything.

Comment

its nice ride, and ill agree with the tq on a a6
                          and i wish i had it

Comment

Wash/detail it for him next time.

Originally posted by d112crzy View Post
                            Where the hell does Kmart have auto repair services?
                            Oh, you weren't referring to me, were you?

Comment

I worked on one a couple years ago with like 20 or 30,000 miles. Then theres another 91 EX that comes in here regularly, last time i saw it had 53,000.

for low mileage CB's

Comment

Working...
                              X