X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow this turned into A.D.D chat
    WE MISS YOU JO(9-04-2008)

Comment

i love this california bashing thread. everything is better in the other side of the coast.

Comment

Originally posted by sunburn View Post
        Wow this turned into A.D.D chat
        Yup, that pretty much sums it up!

1999 BMW M3
        2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
        2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
        2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

SoCal is the cradle of car culture, it's highly unlikely something as silly as a law banning car color could ever pass. Emissions standards are the way they are here because of the geography that we have (mountain ranges influence the air flow and this in part affects our weather).

Comment

Originally posted by ikayto View Post
            California : Pay to Play
            u must be some rich motherfuckers

Originally posted by GHOST 2.2 View Post
            i love this california bashing thread. everything is better in the other side of the coast.
            STFU!
            Originally posted by deevergote
            Just do what PR CB7 said.

"I'm Going For Wood" (Clickey Clickey)

Comment

you see, i discussed the topic of humans and thier future with my buddy who's going into bioengineering.

if we dont begin restricting things now, we'll run into a situation where the world will simply just not be able to provide enough support for human beings. what will we do from there? who decides who needs to die? I believe that we should get our act together and look in 50 years. human life will begin to grow exponentially.

i say we give people the "option". you either begin doing something productive to the society or you simply dont live. In America, you are given freedom. well "the option" is a freedom, if you want to live, you have to do these certain circumstances. thats a choice you need to make and i say thats plenty of freedom.

Im sick of seeing all these fucking bums and losers. get a job and try and give back to the economy.
              I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy View Post
                There's also no emissions. So that automatically makes FL>Cali
                Originally posted by lil_dcb7 View Post
                enjoy your lung cancer.
                Yeah that was the first thought I had.

People complain about smog in Cali, and then brag about how they don't need to worry about smog equipment.
                Either dislike smog and do your part to limit it, or continue to pollute the world and don't complain about the smog in Cali.

Comment

Isn't Florida adopting Californias emissions standards in 2013?
                  ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::For Sale Thread::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

:::::::::::::::::: S2K::::::::::::::::: ::::::::::::::::: CB7:::::::::::::::: Flickr

Comment

I just want to know WHO THE FUCK comes up with these BULLSHIT
                    car legislations....

Comment

I dont give a damn. People can make fun of california all they want. But when your working on your car in fucking thermals, four pairs of socks, a scarf, one of those *** ear flap hats and snow boots, I'll be wearing a tshirt, sandals and shorts.

ANY day of the year. HOLMES.
                      u must not of ever been to tehachapi shit it gets cold in the winter. must of never lived in ridgecrest too (right by death valley) gets to be 135F in the summer there cant even work on your damn car. not all of cali has that san Diego weather

i myself think this baning black car shit is bullshit.
                      i cant stand this damn state. fucking smog checks, and no damn jobs,ricers on every street.arnold is the gov...i can go on.. .... i personoly will not live in cali once i leave home going to find me a nice place up in washington ! oh yeah
                      Blake.
                      1994 Accord Part out!
                      Me and my step dad's 1991 Accord EX Coupe MRT

82 accord-rip, 94 geo-sold, 82 cavilier-rip,81 civic-rip,88 accord- rip, 88 legend- rip, 91 civic- sold,97 geo-sold, 92 accord- sold 94 accord- RIP, 1990 Camry- RIP

Comment

Originally posted by TheNextEpisode View Post
                        Yeah that was the first thought I had.

People complain about smog in Cali, and then brag about how they don't need to worry about smog equipment.
                        Either dislike smog and do your part to limit it, or continue to pollute the world and don't complain about the smog in Cali.
                        yellow moon and smogy air and cars set up anyway u want > smog checks and clean air
                        Blake.
                        1994 Accord Part out!
                        Me and my step dad's 1991 Accord EX Coupe MRT

82 accord-rip, 94 geo-sold, 82 cavilier-rip,81 civic-rip,88 accord- rip, 88 legend- rip, 91 civic- sold,97 geo-sold, 92 accord- sold 94 accord- RIP, 1990 Camry- RIP

Comment

Originally posted by lummieCB7 View Post
                          Isn't Florida adopting Californias emissions standards in 2013?
                          Technically all states are supposed to already.

Cars are built to California emission standards. So, When it comes to brand new cars, if they want to be sold in the united states, they have to conform to califonia standards.. wether they're being sold in Maine, New York Florida, or any where.

At least, Some smog tech told me that.

Claire - '92 Mercedes-Benz 500E - AMG&Bilstein Treatment - The Wolf in Sheep's clothing.

Alice - '97 BMW 540i6 - Dinan Tuned. - Low Profile Weekend Warrior.

Felicia - '11 Ford Fusion - Luxury Package - Daily.. daily.. ugh.

Originally posted by JoshM
                          Okay to do: "I'm sorry I broke your mailbox, here's $100.
                          NOT okay to do: "I'm sorry I fucked your sister, here's $100.

Comment

Who cares what will happen in 2013. The world is ending in 2012, don't you guys know that?

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Cars are built to California emission standards. So, When it comes to brand new cars, if they want to be sold in the united states, they have to conform to califonia standards.. wether they're being sold in Maine, New York Florida, or any where.

There is no way thats true....

Comment

Your smog tech is wrong.

Each state regulates their own pollution regulations, but they can't be LESS than the mandated EPA standards. If a state (Cali for instance) wants to have standards ABOVE the EPA, they are allowed to, however it is not required. California or the EPA can also not REQUIRE other states to follow their regulations. Each state is sovereign and has rights equal to that of every other state.

However, if the car maker CHOOSES to sell the same car that meets the highest emmission standards in every state, that is also acceptable but not required.

Often, the manufacturer's will sell two versions. One for those states that adopt California's standards, and one for everyone else.

Also, just as a note for those who think the world revolves around southern California, it doesn't.

The reason So Cal needs to have ridiculously strict emmissions laws is because they try and cram 20 million + people into a region designed to support 5 million tops. Aside from the poor environmental implications of that, with normal emmissions regs, people would choke to death. Couple that with mountain ranges that don't allow the pollution to circulate, and you have a recipe for disaster.

However, quite frankly, outside of the more spread out large metro areas in other states, the emmissions standards of California are neither required nor sensible. I live in Arizona and most of the air around here is pristine, and we have no emmissions at all.

I find it comical that the area that is worst in trying to make an environment support more than it can universally claims to have the solutions to the world's environmental problems. The fact is that if LA/San Diego etc weren't so overpopulated, they wouldn't have as much trouble as they do in a lot of enviromental areas. They also then just assume that everyone else has the same environmental problems and thus should universally adopt their "solutions."

The reasons for So Cal being forced to support more life than it should is many fold, and I will not even start to go into that issue, but the point is that the #1 way to enviromental ruin is to put more pressure on the ecosystem than it is able to handle.

As for California being the "cradle of car culture," as much as SoCal likes to think that everything is originated from there, it did not. There are certainly a lot of creative ideas that come from that region, and there are undeniably a lot of enthusiasts. The number of enthusiasts OUTSIDE of California is probably several fold larger than those inside California. The car was invented in Germany/the Midwest afterall. I would be willing to bet that the % of enthusiasts in So Cal mirrors that of every other region, but So Cal has such a large population that it APPEARS to be more prominent.

If you take that as a "bashing So Cal" post, then that is your choice. It is an observation that emmissions standards in your area are a REACTION to the problem, not a solution for it.
                                Last edited by owequitit; 03-31-2009, 12:50 PM.
                                The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Working...
                                X