No announcement yet.

another bad motor from TIGERJAPANESE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hmotorsonline.com or nothing if youre buying online.

Edit: mostly because you actually have to call to order so you actually have personal contact with the dude.
    To-Do List for Today
    Be Awesome

Comment

im tipsy, already but, TN_acccords, was the buyer, he's bought almost 10 motors from them, so, lets hope they look at his history, and send money or a motor

either way, im not sending the head, i'll put another head, and send it if i have to, theres no fucking way im sending the original head, i have like 72 hours spent on it

how the fuck the crank breaks?
      fucking JAPANESE, MOFOs
      Originally posted by deevergote
      Just do what PR CB7 said.

"I'm Going For Wood" (Clickey Clickey)

Comment

a friend of mine has ordered 3 motors from nippon motors and they were all in great shape.. just another suggestion..

Comment

Be thankful you checked the motor before you installed it. I would be pissed if I installed the motor only to find out it's fucked up.

Comment

Originally posted by 460sx View Post
            hmotorsonline.com or nothing if youre buying online.

Edit: mostly because you actually have to call to order so you actually have personal contact with the dude.
            Yes Yes YES! People need to learn this... US companies with a good reputation are the ONLY way to go. They have something to lose. And HMO exists ONLY because of their reputation. They aren't unreasonable, but they certainly aren't the cheapest...

Originally posted by JDMCB3Si View Post
            how much did you pay for it?? Did they disclose any damage?? If you got it cheap you now my friend know why. If they didnt disclose it I would ask for a FULL refund and tell them to come get the POS!!
            You could call... yell... scream... cry... threaten... and they will laugh. Because they are in Canada, and all their crap motors get shipped down here to the US. An international lawsuit is way too expensive to bother when dealing with a $1000 motor. It'll cost more to even try to go after them than it's worse. Their reputation can be shot to hell, and they'll STILL be in business, because people will always be a sucker for a low price. Some of their motors aren't junk, some are... but when dollar signs are talking, you always assume that the broken motors will go to someone else... not you.

Comment

Im not gonna lie....im likely gonna buy a motor from tiger japanese in the future....the price does speak to me....with shipping and everything else from a reputable american company I could buy 2 from tiger japanese

But Im only gonna buy from them cuz they are an hour and a half away from me so I can check the exact motor out im gonna buy.....and Ive known a few local guys buy from them and theyve never had any problems

If I was american I would never buy from them.....I have heard of many horror stories....but only from americans.

If you want any help from someone close to them let me know....Ill see what I can do....good luck to you.

Burrito Bandidos: It will change your fuckin life

Comment

Damn O, that shit sucks! I wonder if you werent building the engine if you would have found this?

Comment

I would HATE to hear this thing try to start.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

God damn, Good thing is you found this before the installation, otherwise they would throw up the "not installed by a professional shop" in your face.

Comment

Taken from their website:

3. What happens in the case of a defective engine?
                      In the event of a defective engine block or head, Tiger Japanese Auto Parts LTD will replace or fix the defective part, at our discretion. You can view our Warranty page for details.

5. What does Tiger Japanese Auto Parts LTD. do to ensure that no problems occur?
                      We inspect all our engines before shipping out to ensure there is no damage or broken parts. We take compression tests of all our engines, but not provide. We do not sell engines with bad compression so you are guaranteed to get a good product. We are not out there to screw people over; we simply want to offer a good and legitimate product and friendly service. We have built a good reputation in the last 25 years and we plan top keep it that way

WARRANTY PAGE:

Warranty
                      Tiger Japanese prides itself on offering engines of excellent quality. All our engines pass a Multi-point inspection & Compression test to ensure great quality engines. We only ship engines with positive compression test results.

A. LIMITED WARRANTY TERMS & CONDITION OFFERED BY TIGER JAPANESE AUTO PARTS LTD.

1. Used turbo and V-Tec engine, transmission and its parts: 30 Days.

2. Used none turbo and none V-Tec engines, transmission and it’s parts: 90 Days.

3. Rotary engines: No Warranty (13B and 20B).

4. Super Charge Engines: Start up warranty in 30 days

5. All brand new parts (Radiator and Distributor): 1 Year.

6. All electronic parts: No warranty.

7. Brand new body parts: No warranty.

8. Used body parts: No warranty.

9. Brand new rims: No warranty.

10. Used air bag: 5 Days.

11. Used tires and rims: No warranty.

12. Used JDM vehicles: No warranty.

B. ITEMS AND CONDITIONS COVERED BY THE LIMITED WARRANTY.

1. All internal engine parts including: Pistons, piston rings, piston pins, crankshaft and main bearings, connecting rods and rod bearings, camshaft and camshaft bearings, timing chain and timing gears, intake and exhaust valves, valve springs, seals, guides, oil pump, push rods, rocker arms, and shafts. The engine block, cylinder walls and cylinder head are also warranted to be free of cracks or distortion.

2. Head gaskets are warranted for 30 days only, irrespective of the application as stated in Section (A).

3. Tiger Japanese reserves the right to repair with rebuilt or serviceable used parts, or exchange the engine at its own discretion and determination.

C. ITEMS NOT COVERED.

Flywheel, clutch and pressure plate, water pump, timing belt tensioner, crank pulley, seals, thermostat, belts, hoses, oil pan, sensors, wiring harness, ECU, drive shafts, engine mounts, half shaft.

D. THIS LIMITED WARRANTY DOES NOT COVER.

1. The cost of labor required to remove and install a repaired or exchanged engine to the vehicle.

2. Any damage caused by abuse, neglect, accident or natural perils.

3. Loss caused by the engine being improperly installed.

4. Custom and duty charges.

5. Loss caused by overheating. The warranty does not cover oil leaks, blown head gasket or any other engine damage due to over heating caused by poor water circulation, clogged radiator, stuck thermostat or a faulty water pump.

6. Decrease in performance of any covered part due to normal wear and tear (unless actual breakdown occurs), having regard to inherent manufacturing faults in some engine models.

7. Loss caused by any modification or use of the engine for which it was not originally designed.

8. The engine if it is used for competitive driving or racing.

9. Loss caused by the failure of a part or parts of the engine that are not covered by this limited warranty.

10. Tune-ups and adjustments, filters, hoses, belts, lubricants, coolants, emission control devices, spark plugs, tune-up parts.

11. Deterioration or pre-ignition damage.

12. Repairs performed without prior authorization from Tiger Japanese.

13. Loss caused by defective timing belt.

14. Loss caused by modification or forced induction (NOS, turbo supercharged) for which the engine was not designed.

E. LIMITATION OF DURATION

Repairs or exchanges will not extend this limited warranty beyond the described term on this form (section A)

F. DISCLAIMER 1.

This limited warranty is in lieu of any and all other expressed warranties of Tiger Japanese. Any warranty implied is limited to the duration of this limited warranty. Tiger Japanese does not assume or authorize any person to assume on its behalf any other obligation of liability.

G. DISCLAIMER 2.

Tiger Japanese will not be responsible for incidental or consequential damages arising from loss of use, loss of time, rent a car, lose of job, inconvenience, or commercial loss, or any other consequential damage or lose.

H. WARRANTY CLAIM PROCEDURE.

Please file a warranty claim online at www.tigerclaim.com.

IMPORTANT: FAILURE TO FOLLOW THE FOLLOWING MAINTENANCE REQUIREMENTS VOIDS THE WARRANTY.

A. Must be installed, maintained, or adjusted by a certified mechanic.

B. Set ignition to specification as recommended by manufacturer.

C. Change the first oil installation after 500 miles.

D. Re-torque cylinder head bolts to manufacturer’s specification.

E. Check cooling system and service if rusted or contaminated with oil and replace coolant.

F. Must check the timing belt, oil filter, water pump and spark plugs.

I. RETURNS:

All return requests must be submitted with 10 days. Returns must include original items undamaged, in re-saleable condition, all original paper work all parts same as it was sent. Shipping and handling are not refundable. 25% restocking fee apply for all unwanted orders. No replacement engine will be sent until our staff have inspected and verified the returned the returned defective engine in question. All missing parts will be charged to the customer. We also recommend that you should purchase the carrier provided insurance to cover your loss in the event the item(s) become lost or damaged during shipping. Please call us before you return the item, our shipping department will provide you a return authorization number and will send you all the return documents by fax or e-mail. Call the shipping company (the shipping company phone number is provided on the return documents). Arrange a pick up at any time which is best for you. Please print all the return document and have them ready when the shipping company drivers come for the pick up. Make sure to have a copy of the bill of lading with the tracking number provided by the shipping company driver. Please fax or e-mail us the bill of lading and the tracking number which is signed by the shipping company driver at (1-416-750-9947) or e-mail us ( claims@tigerautoparts.comThis e-mail address is being protected from spam bots, you need JavaScript enabled to view it ).

SALES POLICY

· Deposit is not refundable

· Order can not be cancelled if they have been shipped.

CONDITION OF USED ENGINES:

These are used engines which have been in use for 25,000 – 45,000 miles (depending on the year of manufacture) and are not brand new. There may be small scratches on the engine because it is used. There may also be fragile plastic, metal or rubber parts that could possibly bend or break during shipping. These parts can be replaced with parts from your original engine or bought from a local used auto parts store. Every used engine sold by Tiger Japanese will be in a serviceable condition, having regard to the nature of used engines, for the duration of time after the date of sale according to the application in section A.

Comment

Well I hope my swap goes smoothly, I just bought from TIGER...awww shiet son!!! That is messed up.
                        My CB For Sale

Comment

holy shit guess i was lucky when i bought a H22 from them :O
                          i planned on getting a B20 real soon too but now im kinda

Comment

they will replace it dude, they stand by their warranty.

they will even let you keep it unlike most places

smoke tires, not drugs.

Comment

Originally posted by King James View Post
                              Im not gonna lie....im likely gonna buy a motor from tiger japanese in the future....the price does speak to me....with shipping and everything else from a reputable american company I could buy 2 from tiger japanese

But Im only gonna buy from them cuz they are an hour and a half away from me so I can check the exact motor out im gonna buy.....and Ive known a few local guys buy from them and theyve never had any problems

If I was american I would never buy from them.....I have heard of many horror stories....but only from americans.

If you want any help from someone close to them let me know....Ill see what I can do....good luck to you.
                              As a Canadian, it makes sense to buy from a Canadian company. You have a reasonable course of action to follow if the motor is bad... For that reason, you're less likely to get a bad motor.

Originally posted by 90Cb7sleeper View Post
                              Taken from their website:

3. What happens in the case of a defective engine?
                              In the event of a defective engine block or head, Tiger Japanese Auto Parts LTD will replace or fix the defective part, at our discretion. You can view our Warranty page for details.

WARRANTY PAGE:

Warranty
                              Tiger Japanese prides itself on offering engines of excellent quality. All our engines pass a Multi-point inspection & Compression test to ensure great quality engines. We only ship engines with positive compression test results.

D. THIS LIMITED WARRANTY DOES NOT COVER.

12. Repairs performed without prior authorization from Tiger Japanese.

IMPORTANT: FAILURE TO FOLLOW THE FOLLOWING MAINTENANCE REQUIREMENTS VOIDS THE WARRANTY.

A. Must be installed, maintained, or adjusted by a certified mechanic.

B. Set ignition to specification as recommended by manufacturer.

C. Change the first oil installation after 500 miles.

D. Re-torque cylinder head bolts to manufacturer’s specification.

E. Check cooling system and service if rusted or contaminated with oil and replace coolant.

F. Must check the timing belt, oil filter, water pump and spark plugs.

There's a lot there that can be used to deny this claim.

PR CB7, are you a licensed mechanic, or was the person that took the engine apart? Was Tiger Japanese notified of a problem with the motor before you took it apart? (yes, I know that makes no sense, as you wouldn't know if there was something wrong until it was installed and didn't start...)

If you have no record that you followed their requirements to the letter, they could simply say "you must've tried to start the motor with no oil in it".

Will they? Maybe. Maybe not. Maybe you'll get lucky and they'll be honorable, as Jake said. Or maybe they'll call you a liar and a cheat, accuse you of trying to scam a free engine, and tell you to sue them.

Good luck... this is why buying internationally is a BAD idea.

Comment

I just got my h22 from TigerJapanese, other than a couple little things that were damaged, the motor looks fine. As soon as I got it, I looked it over and notified them of the damages. The guy at the shipping place that I picked it up from said "if there is anything broke, write it on the shipping bill I just gave you" and after looking it over, the most expensive thing I have to replace looks to be around 25 dollars. I guess I just got lucky??

Comment

Working...
                                X