Top speed in H22 CB?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Top speed in H22 CB?

I just did a lil' speed run in my car. Just recently got a chipped ECU put in so its got all the right stuff, VTEC at 4500 and rev limit to 8K, no speed limiter. I was coming back from my friends house, completely sober, not drinking...I was heading south then i said, fuck it, lets try it. I head out onto the 202 west, a very LONG straight stretch of road...same one that Lambo hit 219 mph in that youtube vid.

I shift at 8K sometimes even going past the tach's 8k so i guess the tach is way off or something. Btw, i'm AUTO w/ H22. Anyways, I get on the freeway, shift first at 50-55, then second at 80-85, then third at 110, then finally into 4th. I can't believe the adrenaline rush at 140mph, where I topped out at. But I kinda had to cut it short, b/c my damn sunroof visor I have started chattering around 110, then got worse and louder at 140 lol. So i'll prob. do it again in the wee hours of the night sometime just like tonight w/o any traffic around and see how much that held me back. There was plenty of room to go too, as I was only at 7K at 140mph, so i could prob. max out the BB6 cluster and hit 150mph. Only time will tell lol.

Whats the fastest you've been in your CB7?
    Last edited by Losiracer2; 03-28-2009, 04:57 AM.

member's ride thread
    93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
    99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
    91 Accord SE 176k
    97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

like a thousand

Comment

120... and I'll never do it again, unless I can get to that speed in a quarter mile... on the strip.

You manually shift your auto at 8k? That can't be good for it...

Comment

Id ike to know about shiftage as well. I know in my AT f22, if i WOT, itll redline 1st and 2nd, so you should be able to at least do the same.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
        Originally posted by Jarrett
        Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

It won't go over 8k on its own, I'm quite sure.
          Of course, there's really no power to be had up there anyway. I shift at 7200, with a rev limit set at 7600.

Comment

True. And now that i look at it better, 1st @ 50-55 is probably up near 8k, so...

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
            Originally posted by Jarrett
            Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

i don't think i'll ever go that fast ever again... i did 110 in a rental Ford Focus once before coming back from Chicago.

Comment

135 in the SOHC w M2S4
                ??? with the H
                Originally posted by deevergote
                Just do what PR CB7 said.

"I'm Going For Wood" (Clickey Clickey)

Comment

I don't even remember the last time I was in triple digits.....

Comment

at least make sure your tires are rated for that speed so they don't fly apart. later.
                    Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

140+ with my F trans, after that i was pulling the kid who was running with me and my speedo was maxed out so i couldn't tell you. It was like 3AM and there was no one.
                      OHIO CB7'S #11
                      SOLD

Members Ride DevlTuning

Comment

140 in the tl, 120 in the accord(gov.)

Comment

it's an adrenalin rush for sure going that fast, especially when everything is rattling around and you not sure if the cars going to fall apart from right under your feet

SOLD!!
                          Boosted H22
                          375whp 298 ft/lbs at 15psi

MEMBERS RIDE THREAD<<<CLICK FOR VIDS AND COOL PICS

Comment

i did 130+ in my auto f lol

i have never taken the h into speeds like that, i dont think its ever seen triples.

smoke tires, not drugs.

Comment

Originally posted by slammed4thgen View Post

i have never taken the h into speeds like that, i dont think its ever seen triples.
                              sure about that?
                              OHIO CB7'S #11
                              SOLD

Members Ride DevlTuning

Comment

Working...
                              X