CB7tuner Show-Off Idea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CB7tuner Show-Off Idea

Someday we should have a meet with CB7's with every engine setup we can get. I'm talking F20a DOHC, F22b, H23, H22 and F22 modifieds, etc.

Guess where I'm going with this?

I'm talking to meet in some place and take off to some somewhat secluded place and race. See how each of our setups do against other setups. No talking about how fast your car is, etc etc....put your pedal where your mouth is.

Maybe this can turn into an annual thing or something. CB7tuner show-off or something. Something to strive for at the end of your project and to keep peeps on their toes in always improving their cars.

Just an idea...
    HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

either people are gonna love this, or flame it...i just want to be first to say it sounds really slealth mode and cool,lol. should be in the middle of the country and should be planned 6-8 months ahead of time.
    Finally Up and Running. Numbers to Follow. Check my MR

Comment

i would be down for this...keep me motivated to finish my project and something to look forward too.,..GOOD IDEA!

Originally posted by fizzbob7
      first off, don't be a sissy bitch.....that's what you're being
      Originally posted by ACC0RD22
      no need to get sand in your vagina over this guys.
      So. Cal OUTLAWZ

Comment

Salt flats!!!

It would be awesome to do it, but it would be rough to find a place where so many cars could gather inconspicuously and race. Our best bet would be to take it to a track and do it right. We could just do it on a test and tune night or something maybe.

I like the idea a lot! I wanna race against the beast NA F22A!

Comment

we should find a track like the dauchaccord did. one of those tracks are the best ever. then we can race there. we should do it like in NJ if there is any. NJ is the middle point for everyone weather u are in north or south. anyone can afford to drive for about 5 hours.
          lets go and plan something now for the spring. so its not hot or its not cold. perfect weather. so we don't have to worry about snow or raind or how hot its gona be. it would be cool to see some of the trubo accords vs some h22. and in the end me with my stock f22 and with my auto tranny wich by the way has many problems. but don't worry i will be there. right there in the end of the line hahahhahahahha. nitros here i come baby
          are we there yet are we there yet are we there yet

Comment

Klevis, just buy another CB7, and get a nitrous kit with a 120 shot... run once, blow your engine, but get a good time

NJ has both Atco Raceway and Englishtown raceway (e-town has an auto-x setup, I don't think Atco does). Both are great tracks, used often by the pros. It would be a good idea. I'd be willing to let people who come from far away to crash at my place... at least one or two. I'm sure other local members would say the same.

Comment

Personally, I would not care if it were legit or not. I can tell ya, if it were not legit, it would only make it more fun People would arrive at different times and we could all meet up in some parking lot, have a "meet"...drool over each other's cars or what not....talk shit about kicking someone's a$$ or what not. Anyways, we could take off in small groups or something and meet up at a discrete location, I'm talking like some industrial parkway after hours or something and race down two lanes 1 on 1...any more then that and your asking for trouble. I'd have to say, we're not racing for money here...do that on your own time at your own location....I wouldn't want people getting pissed or saying someone cheated or whatnot and having people throw down. I'm talking just simply racing, staying in your own lanes and whoever crosses first past the finish line wins. It's an opportunity for different cb7 engine setups to meet and compare.

If you do not want to race after the meet, you can come to watch, have fun elsewhere or go home.

OR

If we can organize a road race circuit and do it up this way, however the prob with this is...who the hell has networks with some raceway and could rent the track for a day? this takes time, knowing the right people and people pitching in cash.... This is maybe something to consider after you get a group of people that CONSISTENTLY come...otherwise that someone organizing & possibly fronting the money for the track gets screwed.

Comment

Originally posted by alb_accord
                we should find a track like the dauchaccord did. one of those tracks are the best ever. then we can race there. we should do it like in NJ if there is any. NJ is the middle point for everyone weather u are in north or south. anyone can afford to drive for about 5 hours.
                lets go and plan something now for the spring. so its not hot or its not cold. perfect weather. so we don't have to worry about snow or raind or how hot its gona be. it would be cool to see some of the trubo accords vs some h22. and in the end me with my stock f22 and with my auto tranny wich by the way has many problems. but don't worry i will be there. right there in the end of the line hahahhahahahha. nitros here i come baby
                I like your idea, cuz I like the road racing style..but I think that would take more time and more organization & networking...

Definitely it'd have to be like Summer of 2005 where more people are available to take a break. I was just thinking, if someone pushes their car too much or miss-shifts and jacks up their engine/trans....they should be prepared to cover their own expenses. Maybe they would be friends with someone or just CB7 members helping one another out and could front the money and/or give them a ride back home and chip in for towing expenses, etc. This is the only downside I see....I don't think cops will be an issue if we find a good location...I think that's the longer part of the planning...finding a good location.

Comment

Eh, you can lose your lisence for street racing... or your car. I have a legal engine, but no paperwork. That means if a cop pops my hood and asks to see proof of where I got my engine, I can't show him! I know a few guys here have the same situation.

Road racing would be awesome, but like you said, it would be hard to properly organize it. Plus, road racing often involves a lot of contact... I don't want my baby getting banged up! I'd like to do solo time trials on a road course, but that's no fun for a group.

Drag racing at a proper track is the most sensible thing to do, if not as funn as a night race on the streets. It's the safest, and cheapest (if you factor in racing tickets, should we get any).

Comment

pimp ass idea, i say we put like a 2 buck atendence fee on it to improve the site or what not and also in case of someones car breaking down the money from the fee could go to helping fix or move the car to there home. i vote for a street local, i know a place about 2 hours north from me witch is like central Fl where my cuzins family has a few duplexes and they have 2 empty ones that are 2 bedrooms and a decent size. i could talk to them if u guys wanted to do it there it would be a free pad to stay in and its really in the boonies but it has super long stretchs of road (like a mile) with 2 lanes split by a canale and connecting briges about every 1/4. each lane can hold about 2 cars. theres few police out there and they mostly stick to driving around town witch is like a 20 minute drive from there. they wont have choppers becuse theres no lager city around there and if 5.0 should show up theres plenty of space and room to escape and not be caught.

Comment

Originally posted by alb_accord
                      maybe the middle point for you East Coast guys. you want the middle of north and south, try kansas. middle of the country basically. anyway, too bad the rest of the country, and prolly some of the baddest cb7's in the country, wouldnt be able to join ya.

178 whp and 148 torque (mustang dyno)
                      14.8 @ 93 in 1/4 mile-in Accord
                      ??.? @ ?? in 1/4 mile-in Civic

Comment

Originally posted by sACCLUDEd
                        maybe the middle point for you East Coast guys. you want the middle of north and south, try kansas. middle of the country basically. anyway, too bad the rest of the country, and prolly some of the baddest cb7's in the country, wouldnt be able to join ya.
                        Werd...

I'd only really want to go to kentucky and see kentucky accord's fastest all motor F22 accord run and Arizona and see Scott's stroked fastest all motor H22 accord run...
                        RIP Lifsatrip7

Comment

Is kentucky the fastest all motor F22? I know he's probably the lightest, but I don't know anything about his engine...

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
                            Is kentucky the fastest all motor F22? I know he's probably the lightest, but I don't know anything about his engine...
                            Do you know of any ther all motor F22 Accords running lower than a 13.9?

If not then he is the fastest all motor F22 Accord in the country...

Bisi has the fastest all motor F22... but kentucky still holds the fastest all motor F22 ACCORD record...
                            RIP Lifsatrip7

Comment

You know, Deev...you're right, but also too paranoid If you never have any fun with your car, why even bother building it up and taking all that time? If all you want to do is show it off, well then go the showcar route That's just my view bro, don't take offense.

Anyhow, I think to minimize probs, if we could find a place in the middle of the country, it's even MORE likely to find a secluded area, maybe even on someone's private land or something...now that'd be pimp...cops can't go there and we can organize it so no one gets hurt, use common sense and don't have to worry about civilians getting in the way. I've gone out to Arizona to visit family and been to some desert parties where you ain't gotta worry about shit. I'm assuming we can find something like this a private or barely used straight two lane road and do it up.

For those that worry too much, don't bother coming Maybe someone will take vids, maybe not hahaha. Wouldn't that suck to miss out?!?!

Anyways, this is all just an idea...I've always wanted to do something like this and compile a crew that really just wants to see where it's at and push it. Something to strive for man, amongst your compadres in the CB7 world...small group that had different engine setups and are trying to see what they can get outta it, share ideas, etc.

For something like this, as soon as I'm out making my own money & getting enough, I'd get a CB7 and dedicate it to racing.

Comment

Working...
                              X