Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone ever snag a job off of craigslist?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone ever snag a job off of craigslist?

I was just browsing the marketing/p.r. section of my local CL, and I came across a post that need part time brand ambassadors. The company is Glaceau, and it's for vitamin water! The SAID pay is 15/hr...I wouldn't be able to work it with my current school schedule, but I may apply just to see what works out. It seems legit, here's the link.

http://savannah.craigslist.org/mar/1070152723.html

Anyone ever snag a job off of CL?

most of the craigslist jobs are scams =[

been there done that but it's worth a try

Ride: 2002 Lexus IS300

Comment

I think it really all depends on the company that has posted the listing.

I landed my last job from craigslist. BizAuctions, Inc. They sell broken and used shit from costco and wal-mart on ebay. I was hired as an ebay lister/electronics tester. Here's the take:

It was THE MOST unprofessional place to work for. The "general warehouse manager" was the most unprofessional manager I have ever had the displeasure of working with. He was a good guy. He was really funny. But, this took A LOT away from actually working. He would cuss all over the place etc etc. As a guy to work for. Horrible. As a buddy to shoot pool at a bar with, a blast. Rules and ordinances were constantly changed. and the pay was megar. (not minimum, and actually not too bad for an 18 year old.) I was the grunt, did all of the heavy work in my department.

But sorry, I am ranting. If its a GOOD job, most likely you wont get any response from craiglist. If its a shady mom and pop ship, you may.

Stick to the ole' dress up and in person resume.

Claire - '92 Mercedes-Benz 500E - AMG&Bilstein Treatment - The Wolf in Sheep's clothing.

Alice - '97 BMW 540i6 - Dinan Tuned. - Low Profile Weekend Warrior.

Felicia - '11 Ford Fusion - Luxury Package - Daily.. daily.. ugh.

Originally posted by JoshM
      Okay to do: "I'm sorry I broke your mailbox, here's $100.
      NOT okay to do: "I'm sorry I fucked your sister, here's $100.

Comment

Yeah, that was my first assumption too...but I've actually seen Glaceau people downtown from time to time, walking around handing out free vitamin water to people. Looks like a great job, get free vitamin water all day, free vitamin water shirts, get a nice little workout walking around all day, handing out free vitamin water.

Sounds great to me.

Only if it worked out like that. Hah.

Comment

Originally posted by cvc7chris View Post
          most of the craigslist jobs are scams =[

been there done that but it's worth a try
          x2. Ive gotten 2 jobs offers from of craigslist, 1 that sucked and i didnt take it. I also so had 1 interview that im not sure if i got it yet, and about 100 without a response. it cant hurt to try.
          FA1

Comment

Originally posted by npor View Post
            Anyone ever snag a job off of CL?
            Yup. Been here 2 years.
            Just be careful about "too goof to be true" ads, they tend to be a scam... just like cars on CL.

1999 BMW M3
            2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
            2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
            2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

Originally posted by npor View Post
              Yeah, that was my first assumption too...but I've actually seen Glaceau people downtown from time to time, walking around handing out free vitamin water to people. Looks like a great job, get free vitamin water all day, free vitamin water shirts, get a nice little workout walking around all day, handing out free vitamin water.

Sounds great to me.

Only if it worked out like that. Hah.
              I really dont like being a debbie downer, but it usually is never the way that shit works out. I've gone to numerous CL job interviews for BIG companies. IE pepsi, coke, cox communications etc, and they're just staffing companies for the shitty jobs the actually company has no interest in wasting their time with.

Claire - '92 Mercedes-Benz 500E - AMG&Bilstein Treatment - The Wolf in Sheep's clothing.

Alice - '97 BMW 540i6 - Dinan Tuned. - Low Profile Weekend Warrior.

Felicia - '11 Ford Fusion - Luxury Package - Daily.. daily.. ugh.

Originally posted by JoshM
              Okay to do: "I'm sorry I broke your mailbox, here's $100.
              NOT okay to do: "I'm sorry I fucked your sister, here's $100.

Comment

Really? You actually went out to an interview?
                Hmph.

OH well. Haha.

Comment

Didn't read thread, but I think it's the jobs that you are looking for.

My step mom (graduated with a computer science degree) landed a UW medical job from craigslist. Point: there are legit jobs.

However, I'm sure you can say the same for worthless jobs.
                  Click for my ride thread.

Comment

when i moved from CA to OR, i found my my job and my living situation...

CRAIGSLIST RULES!
                    93 Coupe........AutoX

Comment

I've answered literally hundreds of ads for jobs on CL, took one. you can read my adventures here.

There are legit jobs on CL, you just have to be smart and pay attention when you interview.

Comment

i got one from cl. what i didnt know is that i had to go to people houses and try to sell them a vacumm.went to training day but didnt go back.

Comment

Working...
                        X