Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by k-mart
    Biggie and Triple Six Maifa, thats all i have to say

oh, and br0nx finest, live the quote in you sig..."what u think all the guns is for, all purpose war got the rottweilers by the door"
    yes, the late notorious is teh win.
    '93 Bordeaux Red Pearl LX 5MT

Prev CBs:
    -'93 BRP LX 4AT
    -'92 AGP LX 5MT
    -'93 AGP EX 4AT
    10yrs after my first cb, I'm still driving one!

Comment

Originally posted by JDMcb7
      haha well I've never seen him so I don't know what he looks like. I hardly ever listen to rap because I'm really into hard rock/metal.
      This is lil whyte
      R.I.P. Cb7 4/27/05
      My members ride page
      Official Ebay Whore Crew #1

Comment

Suffice it to say that Hip Hop/Rap has taken a turn for the worst. The original artform (all elements included) have been dilluted and then injected into the mainstream to the point where the market is saturated with bullshit. All anyone wants to do nowadays is "spit a hot 16" and then have everyone and their mother on an album. It's like today's albums are compilations. Nobody wants to make an album that sells because their work comprises 90% of the content. Albums sell because of who you got on a track.
        Worst is the content of todays music is GARBAGE! I remember the days whem lyrical skills ruled. I miss having to hit rewind just to understand a metaphor, similie or whatever. Nowadays evreyone got these sing songy hooks, and bullshit lines that really don't impress or stimulate. I remember when i could bumb Black Moon, Smiff-n-Wessin, OC, Sadat X, etc...for days. Now i can't keep a CD in the deck one full rotation before i'm bored. It's kinda discouraging for those of us who thrive and relate to hip hop (in its purest form). The classics will always be just that. And classic artist will always remain as such, but as they get older and newer cats come into the scene, disneyland rap gets airplay, and the real cats get the finger. I mean, how does a label like RAWKUS close down? How does D&D studios close FOR GOOD? I mean some the illest shit ever made came from these places and now they are just memories. How i long for the days of the early to mid 90's when HIP HOP was RAW as ever. These cats can't hold a flame to the likes of Big Daddy Kane, Rakim, Nas, S. Carter(as he is now known), Pharoe Monch, etc.. And dudes like TAME ONE...WOAH!!! His shit is off the chain. Probably Eastern Conference's best artist hands down. I could rant on for Eons (another EC reference). but i just had to chime in. Hip Hop, its evolution and direction are things that are very real and important to me and those who identify themselves as "HIP HOPPERS" who have watched this thing start to get outta control.
        But like the GZA said, "You gotta read the labels". SUPPORT THE REAL, THAT FAKE SHIT GETS THE DILZNIK!
        Bean Town Crew Member #3
        Lovin' the 6MT w/ Nav TL!
        "They Aint the REAL McCOY!"

Comment

i never listened to much mainstream rap (or hip-hop, which is what i listen to). underground is where it's at

Comment

well how bout all the underground listeners shoot me a list of names so i can dl somethin and hear what they got
            Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

Man, I love Three 6 Mafia. They might as well be underground. A lot of people have never heard of them for some odd reason or another. It's mainly what I listen to now. Their new stuff continues to impress me, although I still like their older stuff better i.e. "The End" and "Chapter 2: World Domination."
              "I'm out for presidents to represent me"

Comment

I love Three Six Mofia, that is true 1CrawlinAccord, a lot of people don't know who they are. But when they hear them, they love em. (most of the time)

Comment

Originally posted by 1CrawlinAccord
                  Man, I love Three 6 Mafia. They might as well be underground. A lot of people have never heard of them for some odd reason or another. It's mainly what I listen to now. Their new stuff continues to impress me, although I still like their older stuff better i.e. "The End" and "Chapter 2: World Domination."
                  oh hell yea man, they also continue to impress me. Chapter 2 is as far back as i have listened to them, not really into their "underground" stuff.

and that goes for all the other members on hypnotize as well, i cant get enough of them

and i know what you mean about no one ever hearing about them. last spring break in florida, my friends and i were playing lil wyte and various other 3-6 and i cannot tell you how many times people asked us who that was.

and as for lil wyte, who cares what he looks like, he rips just as hard or even harder than the next rapper/lyrcist/mc/whatever you want to call it

Comment

A couple comments in this thread are both like pissin' me off and inspiring me lol. I might bust out with a little somethin here soon ...who else feels the same?
                    Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

yeah lil white looks weird...haha.

but yeah three 6 mafia is good, mad bass hits in their songs i thought the fabolous cd comes out tuesday though? if not ima have to buy it this weekend. also jedi mind tricks are also good, my friend has on of their cd's.

as for underground, i did like 50 cent until he went mainstream, now i dont like him as much.

Comment

Originally posted by midnite racer x
                        A couple comments in this thread are both like pissin' me off and inspiring me lol. I might bust out with a little somethin here soon ...who else feels the same?

Comment

Check out anything on Battle Axe records. Good hip hop from Vancouver BC.
                          "the J32a2 should be considered one of Honda's masterpieces..." Honda Tuning, July 2006

Comment

Originally posted by midnite racer x
                            well how bout all the underground listeners shoot me a list of names so i can dl somethin and hear what they got
                            dilated peoples - one of my favorites.. some have heard of them... they aren't totally underground - but a great hip hop group.

canibus - lyrical genious. hard to match the creative concepts and ideas he brings to the table... not to mention his extremely extensive vocabulary.

jurassic 5 - another great hip hop group which blends the elements nicely. they play on fundamentals of rhythm.. using many different instruments and musical styles.

chino xl - not as underground anymore.. but another great artist who makes good use of punchlines.

i dunno, a lot of artists i listen to are very independent and unheard of. but the styles are comparative. very skillfull too. if i'm listening to hip hop - i want to be impressed and enlightened.

a lot of that mainstream rap is good for car stereos and parties, but that's not what i'm about. that's a whole 'nother genre to me.

Comment

Pigeon john did a small performance at this party a while ago. I dint get to meet him but still it was pimp to see him. Beatnuts are also teh shizz.

Comment

Originally posted by tochigi-fuji
                                Yall are all obviously listening to the wrong shit then, The Roots and Talib Kweli both dropped very good new albums this year.
                                Thank you.....someone besides myself listens to "real" hip hop

F/S:Pioneer Premier Deh-880prs w/ ipod adapter $220

Comment

Working...
                                X