low mpt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

low mpt

what should be the average amount of miles per tank of gas for a cb.

I own a 92 ex coupe (if it makes a difference)

I drive in city/country roads

I usually drive pretty normal but I do get a heavy foot sometimes.

It's automatic

well I was just asking because well I got about a quarter tank of gas left since the last time I filled it up and i've only traveled 163 miles wtf?!?! that means I'm probly getting around 200 ish miles per tank that just doesnt sound right to me..

there's a shitload of threads reffering to mpg but not a one really gives a rough estimate of what the miles per tank should be.

I get 350 to 400, depending on how I drive.

H22, not running all that well, tuned ECU (currently running a rich basemap, so not really tuned anymore), and I usually hit VTEC at least once a day.

Comment

375-425+ f22a6 5spd. stock.
      Originally posted by deevergote
      These cars will never be the best at anything, but they're pretty damn good at everything.

92ex CB7<-SOLD 93ex CB9shiftingshift73C10

Comment

I usually get 350-400 mpt depending on how/where I drive and I'm running VERY rich.

1999 BMW M3
        2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
        2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
        2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

son of a crap!!!!!

I need to jump on this lil beater and make it beat a little better.

someone give me a list of things I could clean, fix, replace, or something i could do to up the milage.

porfavor my bretherin!!!

Comment

new spark plugs and wires, cap and rotor, air pressure in the tires is important but it sounds like a bigger problem...
            Originally posted by deevergote
            These cars will never be the best at anything, but they're pretty damn good at everything.

92ex CB7<-SOLD 93ex CB9shiftingshift73C10

Comment

Originally posted by mtnbikaah View Post
              new spark plugs and wires, cap and rotor, air pressure in the tires is important but it sounds like a bigger problem...
              thanks that gives me somewhere to start.

and i know it's probably a bigger problem since I just had it checked out yesterday and my mechanics teacher noticed a sensor that was unplugged.
              it was the sensor that sent the engine temperature to the cpu. Apparently this can really fuck with your car so now I'm beating by head because I always saw there was something missing there but never thought anything of it because that's how we bought it FML

Comment

412 bitches.

But ofcourse I dont count, I wanted to chime in

Claire - '92 Mercedes-Benz 500E - AMG&Bilstein Treatment - The Wolf in Sheep's clothing.

Alice - '97 BMW 540i6 - Dinan Tuned. - Low Profile Weekend Warrior.

Felicia - '11 Ford Fusion - Luxury Package - Daily.. daily.. ugh.

Originally posted by JoshM
                Okay to do: "I'm sorry I broke your mailbox, here's $100.
                NOT okay to do: "I'm sorry I fucked your sister, here's $100.

Comment

Don't you also have an 18 gallon tank, Danny?

Comment

350-415 mpt, h22a on 93 octane, some days i drive like a grandma, some days i tach that shit out a bunch. running rich too

Comment

Yeah, I have a fuel system error... not sure what it is. On my proper tune, I get a major power loss. With a richer tune, it runs alright. I haven't had a chance to mess with it.

Comment

i get about 280 max all city driving but my o2 sensor fubar anyways hence my prob.
                        1993 Accord LX - Sold
                        93 BMW 525it - SOLD
                        92 Accord EX Sedan - SOLD
                        2000 Accord Coupe - Traded-In
                        2003 Accord V6 6spd Coupe - Sold
                        2001 Honda Civic Ex - SOLD
                        2013 Chevy Traverse LTZ - Kid hauler
                        2003 Acura Tl 3.2 - Daily Commuter

Comment

I get around 250-300 with the same driving you do.

Comment

1991 5 speed LX f22a1 sedan all stock.

i get a definite 400 miles to a tank and occacinally can get up to 480 if i baby it.

all hiway? most i got was 563 that was from cleveland to st louis and doing average 70 mph making only two stops.

this car is set that when the gas light comes on i have 40 miles left before it start to sputter.

pretty soon i'm going to try to install a fuel presure gauge and a air/fuel ratio gauge in my car to help me maintain good milage.

question to anyone. can we install a a/f gauge in our cars with OB1 engine?
                            1991 White Accord LX 5-speed aka Lil' Red

Comment

we'll just ignore the fact that everyone fills up their tanks at different levels, right?

if so, I get about 300-325 mpt in mixed city/highway driving. In real work MPG (logged via a spreadsheet everytime I fill up, with nearly 200K on the odometer) my average is 24.44719884 since 01/31/07.

Comment

Working...
                              X