Nostalgia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nostalgia

Well, I haven't been on these forums in almost two years now.

Since that has happened I have sold the Accord, and some life altering things have happened.

First off, I'm on probation. What for? Street racing. Don't do it, bad things WILL eventually happen. Fortunately for me, I received deferred adjudication so I'll be fine after I'm done. I count this as a blessing in disguise because I completely turned my life around after what happened. Only two and a half years to go.

Second, I had an epiphany. After trying to figure out what exactly I wanted to get a degree in I finally went back to what I love: writing. I'm now majoring in public relations and have only two more semesters after this one before I'm done. Hopefully, I'll be able to purchase a CB7 again to work on. I've missed my first true love ever since the day I said goodbye.

Third, I've found a great girl who truly loves me. Not one of these girls that just keeps messing with your mind. I think maybe I've found the girl for me, but we'll see. It's be a year and a half so far, but I don't want to rush into anything quite yet.

Fourth, I've missed this community. I know I didn't have to leave for a hiatus or anything, but I guess at the time it just felt right to leave for a while. I'm glad to see that there are TONS of new guys and gals on the forum, as well as some old faces. This is the BEST community for any CB7 stuff hands down.

Well, enough ranting. I know some of you won't care about what I've said, but I just needed to write everything down.

Take it easy.

-Josh
    Always remember that only you can make your dreams a reality.

Never forget that your style is all that matters when it comes to your ride, but be respectful to others who don't share your vision.

Proud Alum of the University of Texas at Tyler, Class of 2010

Well i have never talked to you before, but i would like to say good for you and welcome back.

Comment

Originally posted by Flatline View Post
      Well i have never talked to you before, but i would like to say good for you and welcome back.
      x2

Comment

Im glad things are working out for you! Congrats on the girl. Sound like your happy.

Claire - '92 Mercedes-Benz 500E - AMG&Bilstein Treatment - The Wolf in Sheep's clothing.

Alice - '97 BMW 540i6 - Dinan Tuned. - Low Profile Weekend Warrior.

Felicia - '11 Ford Fusion - Luxury Package - Daily.. daily.. ugh.

Originally posted by JoshM
        Okay to do: "I'm sorry I broke your mailbox, here's $100.
        NOT okay to do: "I'm sorry I fucked your sister, here's $100.

Comment

Damn Josh, it's been 2 years? Wow.

Glad to hear you're doing well. And that even though you had trouble with racing, at least it didn't end with someone getting hurt! We all grow up eventually... and sometimes it takes something to shake you up a little to do that.
          Sounds like you're on a good path!

Definitely stick around. This place is focused around CB7s, but the community is so much more! A good deal of our valued members here don't have CB7s anymore, and haven't in quite some time. (as you can see by the sigs, 2 of the 3 replies above me are from regular members that drive other cars )

Comment

Good words, and good for you. It's nice to read a genuine post from time to time.

(Yes I realize I haven't been around very long.)
            Click for my ride thread.

Comment

Thanks guys, it means a lot. This community had a lot of impact on me earlier on, and I know that when I get a chance to actually attend a meet here in TX I'll have a blast just hanging out.

Never forget that your style is all that matters when it comes to your ride, but be respectful to others who don't share your vision.

Comment

I was gonna say..."There's a name i havent seen in a long time.."

Welcome back man. Glad to hear you're getting things together.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
                Originally posted by Jarrett
                Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

You know what's crazy, man? I've been thinking of getting another CB, too.

I got a PM on here, and I've been around a little bit lately, and I've seen some super clean Accords. Don't get me wrong, I won't replace the 240, but I'm interested in getting another CB to have a really nice daily that I can spend a little money on.

Good to hear things are working out for ya, man!

Comment

I'm planning on getting yet another car as well. The CB is still my love, and my project... it's home. But I picked up a 2009 Fit that I've already put 35,000 miles on (since October).

The CB is fairly basic. Good at everything, great at nothing. I love that it's so well rounded. The Fit comes damn close to the same level, but it's missing a few things (stability at speed - mostly due to height, lack of power, lower quality materials in some areas such as the carpet and door panels)

Comment

I totally agree with Deev. The Accord is a great car overall. It's quiet, smooth, gets out of its own way, gets decent gas mileage, has great interior space, can comfortably hold 4 people on a fairly long trip (sedans only! ), etc, etc. I really do miss mine. Heck, even lowered on Sportlines, it was way more comfortable than my stock 240.

Comment

Yeah, my CB is more comfortable than my '98 Cutlass I'm in right now. I don't like leather, especially during the summer time here in Texas. And you're right Deev, the CB is a well-rounded vehicle.

Thanks Green, I remember you as well!

Comment

You should see me now.

I wouldnt mind leather, just to try it, but yeah, ive been through a few of those Cutlasses and theyre ok. Not one of GMs best.

And Deev, you're right. Good at everything, great at nothing.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
                          Originally posted by Jarrett
                          Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

i like it when people turn their life around. good stuff. you sound like a good guy too.

no
                            Accord turbo kit under $2k here
                            $30 HID kits here Thread
                            "What a selfish bitch. She looks like one too. A smart-mouthed, facebook-ing, "i dont know if im straight, bi or *** yet" little brat." -greencb7inkc
                            "No Herra Frush, Slammed, tucked or frame dragging here. I'll leave that to the mini trucks...." -fishdonotbounce

Comment

Working...
                            X