UPS or FED-EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UPS or FED-EX

Heres my question whos cheaper to ship 4 tires to Cali? The UPS store near me wants at least $160 to ship them, thats including boxing and what not. The other option they had was to use nylon straps but that still cost $130. So what i might do is tape them and get some large zip-ties and go that route. will that be ok?

What carrier do you use?

the nylon straps will be fine, not sure about zip ties tho. i work for UPS and whenever we get mulitple tires together they done with the nylon straps. also everytime ive had tires delivered to me from tirerack they come paired with the nylon strap, so id say it should be fine.

use ups, so you can help pay me...lol

My Members Ride Thread
    Originally posted by deevergote
    You have to think outside the box to get IN the box!

Comment

dont go to the ups store they charge an arm and a leg to ship stuff.

i would strap 2 of them together and then the other 2 together and ship just to packages. is there a little shipping place that ships through all the providers near you? thats where i go much cheaper and nicer
      Maple50175 - you're annoying =P
      Brandoncb7 - I don't mean to come across like an ass but I see why you irritate Aaron now.
      JoshM - Crotch rocket = chick magnet.

Comment

Originally posted by slick View Post
        dont go to the ups store they charge an arm and a leg to ship stuff.

i would strap 2 of them together and then the other 2 together and ship just to packages. is there a little shipping place that ships through all the providers near you? thats where i go much cheaper and nicer
        theres one next to my job but they are expensive. where can i get those nylon straps? home depot, lowes? the ups store is money though. would it best to go to ups itself?

Comment

The UPS Store is SO much more expensive than the regular old UPS or FED-EX shipping areas.

I sent 4 wheels/tires (tires mounted) and a 5th tireless wheel to TN, all boxed separately, for about $80 at the Fed-Ex center near me.

I say wrap em in plastic and tape the shit out of em.

Comment

Must have been a hellacious deal on the tires to make shipping them worth while. Have you considered Greyhound? I'm pretty sure they'll ship larger items for cheap. Not door to door, obviously, but the cost difference might be worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote. View Post
              The UPS Store is SO much more expensive than the regular old UPS or FED-EX shipping areas.

I sent 4 wheels/tires (tires mounted) and a 5th tireless wheel to TN, all boxed separately, for about $80 at the Fed-Ex center near me.

I say wrap em in plastic and tape the shit out of em.
              thanks deev. ill just go to the fed-ex store by my house tomorrow.. but whos cheaper fedex or ups

Comment

Originally posted by visualpoet View Post
                Must have been a hellacious deal on the tires to make shipping them worth while. Have you considered Greyhound? I'm pretty sure they'll ship larger items for cheap. Not door to door, obviously, but the cost difference might be worth it.
                man u have no idea.

Comment

Originally posted by oneoffaccord View Post
                  thanks deev. ill just go to the fed-ex store by my house tomorrow.. but whos cheaper fedex or ups
                  depends sometimes fedex is cheaper and other times ups is cheaper all depends on weight, distance its going, size of package, etc.
                  Maple50175 - you're annoying =P
                  Brandoncb7 - I don't mean to come across like an ass but I see why you irritate Aaron now.
                  JoshM - Crotch rocket = chick magnet.

Comment

Originally posted by oneoffaccord View Post
                    It depends on what you're shipping, and where you're shipping it to, honestly. I've seen different prices from both, neither one has been consistently cheaper.

I prefer Fed Ex's service over UPS, though.

Comment

I got my ITRs, with tires, shipped to me, in Missouri, from Washngton, for like $110. UPS.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
                      Originally posted by Jarrett
                      Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

Id go with fedex. UPS charges in freight hard when comes to bulk.

Comment

just for me to ship a "shifter" to the mid-west costs me more then what i sold my shifter for. the box wasnt even close to being big or heavy. damn that ups!

so i went to usps instead.

Comment

so fedex it is. im shipping (4)225/45R17 RE070 tires

Comment

I almost always use FedEx. Just more convenient for me. I usually quote both and the difference is a maximum of $0.75. FedEx is right on my way to campus while UPS is clear out of the way in the other direction. I have never had any trouble with FedEx and good customer service.

Comment

Working...
                              X