Tips for Waking Up in the Morning?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gyuri87 View Post
    You seem to forget I live in Montreal, Canada. Not NZ. It's freezing here now lol. It makes it harder to wake up and take walks and jog.
    Haha, Sorry for my lack of geographical knowledge . . . ignorance is bliss j/k
    Nonetheless as Cake said the gyms will always do the same thing

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

I used to have a hard time waking up, I'd hit snooze repeatedly until I was late. I've tried leaving the clock across the room, setting the alarm earlier, setting the clock fast, all those tricks that do nothing. Setting the alarm earlier or the clock ahead so you can hit snooze just interrupts your sleep pattern. What's better, 40 minutes of uninterrupted sleep or 9 minutes of sleep, wake up, nine minutes, wake up, nine minutes, wake up, nine minutes, wake up? Waking up is a habit, you just have to get used to it.

I don't remember what happened, but for over 5 years, I haven't had any problems getting up. I only need about 5-6 hours of sleep a night, and some times, (like now) I just wake up and can't get back to sleep.

Comment

It IS mental.

Look at it like this, if you dont get up, you'll be late for school/work. Too much of that will get you in trouble/fired.

I have an alarm clock with 2 alarms built-in and i can set the snooze length. I set the snooze for each for 5 minutes, then set one for 6:00 and the other for 6:03. That way its going off every few minutes. Im usually up by 6:15 or 6:20. Then i have as backup on my phone for 6:20. If i miss that, ill be late.

Also, avoid eating a few hours before you go to sleep. An active stomach keeps you awake.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
        Originally posted by Jarrett
        Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

Originally posted by Gotz Cb7 View Post
          I put my cell phone on the other side of the room with a ridiculous song as the ringtone, so I have to get up and walk to the other side of the room to turn it off. By that time, I'm pissed because I'm already awake. Works though.
          this is what you want ,... and what i want "CLOCKY"

-1992 CB7 EX w/H22 [sold 10/09]
          -2005 Legacy GT limited [current]

Comment

if u can tell urself that u accept the fact dat ur gonna go to sleep late and wake up early b4 time will it will make it much easier for u to wake up in the morning

i went to the club n got out at 2am....had class at 8am the same day...knowing that i was going to get home prob. around 3am and not go to sleep till 330 or 4am made me motivated to want to wake up at 630am to get to scoo on time like always.

u have to motivate urself to wuts more important as well as entertaining yourself on the side

trust me it works....

Comment

pshh everyone her gets up around the time the sun comes up i get up around 3:30 a.m. on mondays and around 4 or 5 on tues. thurs. fri. sat. and i have 2 alarms on my clock which is annoying cuz its a really loud buzzing. and i have one on my phone that is set 5 minutes after my clock so once i hit the snooze on one the other one immediately goes off. kinda makes me get up since its almost non-stop buzzing

it also helps that i go to bed around 9:30 p.m. or 10 p.m. at the latest so i normally only get around 5 or 6 hours of sleep and i run a bread route till noon.
              Maple50175 - you're annoying =P
              Brandoncb7 - I don't mean to come across like an ass but I see why you irritate Aaron now.
              JoshM - Crotch rocket = chick magnet.

Comment

train yourself to go to sleep earlier. Thats the only thing you can do.

Yea I know, blah blah, Ill just lay in bet wasting my time, blah blah. Ive done it too. At one point I was completly fine waking up at 8, and sometime wake up on my own at that time. I think the key to my thing was to go to sleep my 12. I mean be in bed with the lights off at 12, not start getting ready to go to bed.

----------------My 92 Honda Accord LX---------------------- My 97 Nissan 240sx LE----

NE GUYS, Buy the last of my accord parts

Comment

I've used this method and it's worked for me just fine.

Set 1 alarm

You will learn soon enough that you better get your ass up.

Originally posted by Maple50175
                  Oh here we go again. Maples other half.

Comment

exercise ftw, i used to have no problem getting up at 6 every day to do landscaping. when i was at school and had to operate on little sleep i just sucked it out and pulled my balls out (figuratively speaking)

Comment

i just get up... its more will power than anything i think...

but im used to it now, i have to get up 7:45 for work 3 days a week. the rest of the days i have school but even on those days i automatically get up at 8:30 latest.

im incapable of sleeping in unless im absolutly beat.

i didn't read the whole thread so i might get owned but your body will adapt or you just have to come to the realization that you gotta get up so you might as well just suck it up and get out of bed

Comment

You seem to forget I live in Montreal, Canada. Not NZ. It's freezing here now lol. It makes it harder to wake up and take walks and jog.
                        Open the window. You will be awake and dressed fast. lol

Comment

yeap, i wake up at 6am every morning

my alarm is set for 6am, and then 6:05am, then i just reach over, grab the remote, turn the tv on, and that usually forces me to get up after ive watched tv for like 3 minutes..

BUT...ive been doin it so long...i usually wake up at 5:30 - 5:45 on my own, stare at the clock...then get pissed off that i woke up early and try to sleep for another 15 minutes.

or, go wake up, discover your morning wood, and beat the hell outta it!!
                          ..[CB7][STAR]..
                          MY MEMBERS RIDE THREAD

Comment

Originally posted by stewie
                            or, go wake up, discover your morning wood, and beat the hell outta it!!

Here's more advice...dont stay up late on cb7tuner, like im doing right now. I have to be awake in 4.5 hours.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
                            Originally posted by Jarrett
                            Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

I haven't gone to bed before 1am for at least the past 2 years. That's the earliest I would go to bed but most of the time I'm up till 2 or 3 in the morning. I doubt I can change my sleeping habit at the moment but is there any other ways I could make my mornings easier? Thanks
                              I'm pretty much in the same boat, I sleep 5-6 hours normally if i'm lucky, and just coffee it in the morning. It's probably not the greatest situation, but it works. Strategies:

- I can make it to work in 10 mins, so I always set a 'last chance' alarm on my cellphone like 15 minutes before 7 in case I snooze through the normal alarm clock. At least this way if the alarm goes off when i'm on my way to work I can turn it off myself instead of my room mate smashing it in a fit of rage.

- Setting your alarm clock & clock in the car a few minutes ahead would allow you get to work a few minutes earlier without thinking about it.

- Water is what your body really wants. Also, Gatorade is awesome on rough days.
                              '93 CB7 LX 5-speed

Comment

I rarely need an alarm to wake up. If I tell myself I need to wake up at a certain time, no matter how early it may be, I usually get up at least 30 minutes before that time. I'll get up, take a shower.

I'd say its more about your brain that it is anything else really. I've just never fully understood as to why people have such hard times waking up.

I mean, I've gotten up at 5am every morning when I used to work 15+hrs a day for 3 months straight WITHOUT any days/weekends off. I still partied too. I was lucky if I had 4 hours of sleep.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Working...
                                X