Outlook Express weirdness...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Outlook Express weirdness...

For some strange reason, my Outlook Express has been acting up. It will send an email, but say that there was an error. The email will then be stuck in my Outbox, where it will continue to be sent (with the same error message) until it is manually deleted.

I discovered this when my boss informed me that a single email had been sent 41 times!

Does anyone know why this is happening, and how I might be able to fix it? I updated the program, but other than that, I'm stuck. I haven't found any answers on Google.

Originally posted by deevergote. View Post
    For some strange reason, my Outlook Express has been acting up. It will send an email, but say that there was an error. The email will then be stuck in my Outbox, where it will continue to be sent (with the same error message) until it is manually deleted.

I discovered this when my boss informed me that a single email had been sent 41 times!

Does anyone know why this is happening, and how I might be able to fix it? I updated the program, but other than that, I'm stuck. I haven't found any answers on Google.
    Did your isp change any of it's mail server settings? Have you gone through and checked them?
    1992 Prelude S w/swapped H22A

Comment

Not that I'm aware of... but it's possible. I'm not sure how to check everything!

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote. View Post
        Not that I'm aware of... but it's possible. I'm not sure how to check everything!
        Are you talking about your Comcast account? Click here to go to their help article on it.

Comment

I feel like an idiot... I was looking at Outlook only, and never thought to check Comcast for help...

I'll mess with that and see if I can fix things. Thanks!

Comment

Have you considered Thunderbird?

Mozilla's answer to Outlook. Much better imo.

http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/thunderbird/

Comment

Could I import all my old Outlook files to it? I have TONS of saved emails... most of it is my work stuff.

Comment

Thunderbird will ask you if you want to import settings when you first open it. Outlook (and express) suck balls, but where I work (tech support) everyone uses it. Thunderbird is nice, same lines as Firefox is better than IE.

Comment

http://kb.mozillazine.org/Thunderbir...Qs_:_Migration

Comment

Working...
                  X