taxes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

taxes

So for my return this year (my company JUST released my w2 on the 31st), turbo tax seemed to be subtracting out the 300 I got for the stimulus check...is that right? Out of my XXX dollar return this year...it's actually going to be XXX-300 right?
    ____

did you actually recieve 300? because if you did then you do hav to subtract that amount./
    I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k View Post
      because if you did then you do hav to subtract that amount./
      No

Comment

i heard about this, whats the point of a stimulus if you have to pay it right back the following year. thats fucking dumb.

Hola, tengo tres patas. Me llamo tripod.

Originally posted by d112crzy
        So you're throwing a bitch fit because some other girl at school has the same nail polish and skirt as you do?

Comment

The stimulus check was a refund of taxes already paid. I don't believe you are required to pay taxes on it.

TurboTax may be subtracting that from your claimed income, assuming that you factored it in there.

Comment

I have a trusted associate at Jackson Hewitt do my full return and they did charge you for taxes on the stimulus check...i got the full 600 stimulus check and was charged 482 on my state return due to receiving it. According to the woman i see, it was classed as "a rush tax return".
            "Once a CB7 Tuner, Always a CB7 Tuner"
            Former h23 swapped accord owner...

2002 Acura 3.2CL
            20" Rims and Brembo Brake Kit - Ridin classy and slow

1994 MKIV TT Supra
            BPU+++ (under the knife, getting nastier)

Comment

Originally posted by brawl View Post
              I have a trusted associate at Jackson Hewitt do my full return and they did charge you for taxes on the stimulus check...i got the full 600 stimulus check and was charged 482 on my state return due to receiving it. According to the woman i see, it was classed as "a rush tax return".
              If thats the case the wifey and i got fucked because we received the full $1200. I'm getting back close to $5k, would have been more but the wifey had to pay the taxes on her CD account and some 401k
              1993 Accord LX - Sold
              93 BMW 525it - SOLD
              92 Accord EX Sedan - SOLD
              2000 Accord Coupe - Traded-In
              2003 Accord V6 6spd Coupe - Sold
              2001 Honda Civic Ex - SOLD
              2013 Chevy Traverse LTZ - Kid hauler
              2003 Acura Tl 3.2 - Daily Commuter

Comment

Originally posted by brawl View Post
                trust that they let you get screwed?

Comment

did mine on turbo tax and i didnt have to pay my stimulus back, all they did was ask if i got it and how much. my return didnt change from. also florida doesnt have state returns, so i dunno if that has anything to do with it.

So you're throwing a bitch fit because some other girl at school has the same nail polish and skirt as you do?

Comment

Originally posted by bagoon316 View Post
                    did mine on turbo tax and i didnt have to pay my stimulus back, all they did was ask if i got it and how much. my return didnt change from. also florida doesnt have state returns, so i dunno if that has anything to do with it.
                    Same here. I got $413 and it even said that it wouldn't effect my return at all.

Comment

gotcha, it was like the first question they asked me before i filled out my info. anyways, after income, school, and school loan interest paid, im at 1850 or so, cant remember. ill be paying some bills, paying for maint on the subie to sell, and hopefully some turbo accessories for the accord.

Comment

hmmm...maybe I'll do it again without putting that in. It seemed to be factoring it at the end, I don't care if folks know this much of my buisness...

I usually get like 712 back each year...now 200?

Taxes
                        The taxes on your income.......................$818....$818
                        Items that reduce your taxes (credits)
                        ----Recovery rebate credit......................$300 -$300
                        Taxes you already paid...........................$718 -$718

Your Refund = $200

this seems like fuzzy math to me....taxable income was like 8000
                        Last edited by bcjammerx; 02-03-2009, 05:23 PM.
                        ____

Comment

so is this the thing they are doing is charging us for the money they gave us? thats g-a-y cuz me and my wife got 1200 for the stimulus check and i hope to get a good bit back since i have alot of write offs since im an owner operator
                          Maple50175 - you're annoying =P
                          Brandoncb7 - I don't mean to come across like an ass but I see why you irritate Aaron now.
                          JoshM - Crotch rocket = chick magnet.

Comment

Originally posted by ChIoVnIdCa View Post
                            trust that they let you get screwed?
                            I'd rather find out that they made an error and return the money to me than have them come asking for it with penalties and other harsh additions. Two things you can't avoid, death and taxes.

It also could be different per state, my federal return wasn't touched at all.
                            "Once a CB7 Tuner, Always a CB7 Tuner"
                            Former h23 swapped accord owner...

2002 Acura 3.2CL
                            20" Rims and Brembo Brake Kit - Ridin classy and slow

1994 MKIV TT Supra
                            BPU+++ (under the knife, getting nastier)

Comment

yeah thats why i was against the stimulus bill to start with plus the gov. just stated we will never know if the 1st 700+ billion dollar bailout even helped. yeah im glad my money was yet again wasted by my oh so wonderful gov.

Sold too: Grumpys93, '93CB7Ex, Bunta, prodh22accord, SSMAccord, fleetw00d

Comment

Working...
                              X