No announcement yet.

How much to ship a WHOLE JDM CB7?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To import from Canada is just as difficult as importing straight off a boat. You have to declare what the purpose of the car is at customs, and if the intention is to register it in the US, it would have to be converted to US standards, probably through a Registered Importer.

To import ANYTHING, especially shipped over, it HAS to go through a Registered Importer first. You can't just show up at the seaport and drive your car home. The car cannot go into your hands until it is legal. Therefore, buying a dead car for the VIN would not work... unless you could somehow sneak the car in. (there are more than one VIN number on a car as well... ask 2point6 what happens when you remove one and someone finds out... not fun.)

Registered Importers are responsible for DOUBLE the car's value, I believe... which makes their job VERY important... a $20,000 car is a $40,000 liability to them if they don't do it right! That means they cut no corners, and you pay for ALL the work.

Honestly, there are 2 options. BECOME a Registered Importer, or find one and talk to him. Get all the specifics about importing a car, and use that to determine what is doable.

There's a RI near me, I think I drove past it today... that's actually a John Deere dealership... weird!

Comment

And i thought importing cars back to Malaysia from Japan/Uk was a hassle.

atleast we dont have to convert anything, just convert our money

Click sig to view MR thread

Links to other rides:
      Honda Accord Euro-R
      Honda Odyssey Absolute
      Honda City I-DSi
      Honda Stream

Comment

Imma talk to my dad tomorrow...hes a custom officer and he would be able to give me a pretty accurate figure..
        accordtypeR aka Seve aka The Godfather.

My Old Baby
        ....................My New Baby
        SOLD TO
        ..grumpy93, iceplaya123, slr_theking, tn_accords

Comment

Working...
        X