No announcement yet.

Volkswagen Jetta TDI Cup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

good luck with this gary, hope you get a shot.
    -1992 Accord EX H22 234whp 185wtq
    -1993 Accord EX SOLD
    -1995 Accord EX Wagon Daily Driver
    -2012 GMC Canyon V8 4x4

Comment

I'll throw in $1.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k View Post
        id rather just race my own car with that amount of money.
        Ya, why not go buy a sprint car or something that requires two balls with your 45k dollars?

Comment

Why does everyone insist on coming to shit all over Gary's thread? Really?

Sure, with 45k you could build a decent car and go race it yourself. HOWEVER, you will get pretty much no recognition and you aren't going to get sponships building a personal car to go out and drive. Getting a racing series like this isn't anything like building a car from scratch. Gary is looking to get into professional racing. I'm sure F22HB knows more than the rest of us when it comes to breaking in, but I can tell you it's not exactly the easiest thing and it certainly costs a good deal of money.

And good luck taking your personal car out and racing hard 10 races in a row. There are so many expenses it's ridiculous (transportation, fuel, tires, parts, ect.).

Originally posted by Maple50175
          Oh here we go again. Maples other half.

Comment

Well I will admit that if publicity is what you are looking for this is the ticket. Hands down. I've grown up with the philosophy that racing is what you do because you love it. You race because its fun and competitive and more exciting than intercourse. You don't race to be famous or popular or to impress people. A realistic dream for me is to be able to work a regular job and on the weekends go racin. The only publicity or popularity I would ever need is from the little kids in the stands who come down after the races and want to be just like me.

Comment

Yeah, but I think he is looking to turn racing into his job. I completely agree that racing for fame or popularity is absolutely stupid.

Comment

Racing for a job would be awsome, but its never seemed realistic to me,lol. You gotta be more than a racer. You gotta be a good people person. Which I don't think I am,lol. If I can't talk to you about cars or racing I most likely don't want to bother talking to you haha.

Comment

That's true. But you don't really have to be a good speaker to get high up in the ranks. Look at Kimi Raikkonen for crying out loud! Having and making connections is really important, as you say, if you want to make it up to the top. I'm sure there are really good drivers that just don't have the ability to get promoted or have the connections to move up.

Comment

Originally posted by turbomaxx View Post
                    For 45k, you could easily obtain an American Sedan car for the SCCA. I've found prepped 5.0's for 5-9k all over.

And you could say you don't race a VW! LOL just playing.

But if I was spending 45k to race, it wouldn't be an automatic Jetta. (aren't they automatic? I watched some races last year, didn't see them shifting, and they had the selected gear indicator in the gauges.)
                    They are DSG equipped, sucks I know, but this is a way to break into pro-racing and just not club racing on the weekends.
                    Gary A.K.A. Carter
                    [sig killed by photobucket]

Comment

Originally posted by The G-Man View Post
                      They are DSG equipped, sucks I know, but this is a way to break into pro-racing and just not club racing on the weekends.
                      Yeah, I mean, it still looks like LOADS of fun to go out and rip up the track in a REAL DEAL race car. I mean, not the fastest race car, but it's for beginners. I say if you get the money, do it.
                      "This truck is 100% sh*ts and giggles."
                      "Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary... that's what gets you." Jeremy Clarkson

You're not JDM until you have a car built in ohio with tons of bolt ons from ebay.
                      Disregard females, acquire currency
                      BUS 62 AIN'T F'ING AROUND!

Comment

45K is spend for sure !

Congrats on being selected though, thats awesome !

Good luck.

I think some big dollar sponsors are the hot ticket !

Members Ride Thread - http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=121452

Originally posted by slammed4thgen
                        dustin, you are a dick!

officially the lowest ive seen now

Comment

racing is jsut about the amount of money you have anyways. id rather race for fun.

i dont think we got anywhere near 45k in the world of sprint car racing. the car itself is only worth like 12-15k but we are the wingless sprints not the crazy injected winged.
                          I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

wow gary great job. so have to be seccelted or what did u have to do to get it. good luck wish i could help.

The Race Car

Comment

Congrats on being selected Gary. Just being selected shows that your name is being spread. Hope you can get in on time
                              [IMG]http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u105/akona21/cb2-2.jpg[/IMG

Comment

Working...
                              X