No announcement yet.

[b]official: Autozone Thread[/b]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i dont buy shyt from there, everytime i walked in one they hardly have any customers.. went there to buy oil and thats it. i go to murrays autoparts which is changing to Oreillys now and honda for gaskets
    ACCORDEX92
    CHICAGO,IL

H22A ACCORD

Comment

shit i have bought parts at auto zone before and i haven't had a problem....

but you are true about the valve cover gasket that they sell. its shit lol
      are we there yet are we there yet are we there yet

Comment

autozone ftl. i worked at advance for awhile, and to be honest, i never have, and never will shop at autozone.. bad parts, bad service.

Comment

the last time i went to Autozone on a sunday morning and the place technically wasn't opened yet and yes i can read the sign but one of the workers in there made a mad dash to lock the door like i was going to rob the place or something. So i waited to 7:30 when it did open and then i left, just to show i can be ass also.

Comment

do autozone give military discount??

Comment

Alright I'll post up my experiences.

I've bought stuff from Autozone before and had nothing wrong with them. My air fresheners smell GREAT! I've never had a problem with coolant or any fluids. And my 80 dollar multimeter works like a champ.

There are some stores that don't hire people who know a thing about cars or what should happen in a car. My room mate got a starter for his LT1 Camaro (93), and he got the Vette high output starter. This thing was crazy. Autozone was the only place who had one at 9 pm so we got it. We hooked the positive up to the + and grounded the starter to make sure it worked before we get in onto the car and we applied 12+ on the solenoid and nothing happened. NOTHING! we beat it lightly with a small hammer and the thing jumped to life. We took it back and the guy said that we were not applying enough voltage and we probably damaged the starter. I was like "dude.... wait..... what?" I was amazed. He told us that when on the car the starter will see more voltage than sitting out of the car and we could damage the starter so that it would void the warranty. "I shouldn't even take this back knowing what you did to it" he said. Absolutely crazy!!!

So we went home and put it on. While on jack stands we started the car by hitting it with a hammer and drove it up to Autozone and had the guy get in after turning off the car. He couldn't start it. I crawled under and while my room mate cranked it I hit the starter and what do you know, it starts. The guy then blames this problem on us testing the starter out of the car.

With enough complaining we got our money back and went to O'Reilly Auto for the same part which didn't suck. And the kicker was that the Autozone starter was brand new and not refurbished.
              Been a long time. Still alive...

Comment

tel me about it! when my lower ball joint popped out i had to get a new cv joint.

atutozone

a month later the sucker popped out of the transmission!

went back to autozone and asked the guy whats wrong with it?

guy said the cv joint is fine it is your motor mount your engine moves too much. i laughed so hard cuz i know my engine don't move much. so i went to a different autozone got my money back and got an advanced cvjoint and so far it works fine! lol that guy just had to lecture on me on that my car needs new mounts and he never looked at it. lol
                1991 White Accord LX 5-speed aka Lil' Red

Comment

Fuck autozone, advance auto, cee kay,

a&a ftmfw! we're keystone automotives retail store.

btw how long have you been working there? im almost 1 year and a half and i cant believe im still there.
                  miss my turbo cb7
                  moved onto volvos. dont know how that happened, just did

Comment

advance auto 4tehwin

Pass. side axel been doin good since july 08

Blower fan is like a freakin hurricane

and the pads the sold me for my first teg were like whoa

i got my thermostat from autozone bcuz advance didnt have it

Comment

Damn huh. It must be the people who work at the stores..usually I get more complaints about Advanced and Napa up here.
                      Henry R
                      Koni/Neuspeed
                      1992 Accord LX R.I.P
                      1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
                      Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
                      made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

even though i work at autozone i goto the dealer to get my parts
                        I LOVE MY RHD HONDA
                        I DO WIRE TUCKS AND ENGINE HARNESS!
                        THEWHOLEKREWMOTORSPORTS
                        ALLTHINGSPROPER.COM

Comment

Originally posted by h22anow View Post
                          do autozone give military discount??
                          yes they do

Comment

Originally posted by Fake Thug View Post
                            yes they do
                            yup 10%
                            I LOVE MY RHD HONDA
                            THEWHOLEKREWMOTORSPORTS
                            ALLTHINGSPROPER.COM

Comment

sweet!

Comment

yea my discount is 20% so it comes in handy the thing that sucks is that we dont get discounts on oil
                                I LOVE MY RHD HONDA
                                THEWHOLEKREWMOTORSPORTS
                                ALLTHINGSPROPER.COM

Comment

Working...
                                X