Srsly... should I keep this car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by owequitit View Post
    I have to agree with AW. Sorry glory, you just aren't cut out for project cars. Find yourself either a nice cheap used Civic hatchback or something that is cheap to own, or go lease a new car and be done with it.

You don't have bad luck. You do shit half assed, and then when it catches up to you, you complain about how much of a hassle/expense it is etc. It is a classic case of seeing cheaper on the front end, and not considering the cost of the total deal on the backend. In most cases, you would have saved money by just doing your shit right the first time, but you clearly don't want to do that, as you have had 3 CB's, none of which you did that on. The older the cars get, the less forgiving they are of cheap half assed shit.

In your particular case, the cheapest way would be to buy a car that is going to last, not that is the cheapest available, making a nominal monthly payment, and being done with it.

Honestly, I am not trying to smash on you, as I think you seem to be a pretty cool guy, which is why I don't give you a ton of shit about it. But in all brutal honesty, all you are going to do until you change your fundamental course of action is keep setting yourself up to fail.

Buy a car brand new, with a warranty and be done with it. You won't have to worry about unseen costs, you won't have to worry about it breaking, and you won't have to worry about it having been beat up on. Essentially, what you have done in the past is trying to play the lottery. You expect to pay $1 for a car, and get $10,000 worth of car out of it. It isn't going to happen.

As for half assed, some of the shit you have on your car wasn't even designed for it. If that isn't asking for trouble, I don't know what is.
    Appreciate the advice man.

Looking back at it, had I just financed a decent car after my first CB died, I would be in decent shape now.

I don't know about getting a brand new car, but I will def. go with something from a dealer & a warranty.

Originally posted by lordoja
    im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Look for a '00 Civic Si.

Comment

Originally posted by 1badacc View Post
        shit i did my swap like 2 years ago in like -2 below so it doable
        Yeah so have I but after awhile you get tired of it. And if i know yaw correctly hes not gonna go through all of that he has more pressing matters to attend to.

Comment

What happened to your Maxima? I think that was a more reliable car than this car you have now.

Comment

Originally posted by HondaGuy1212 View Post
            What happened to your Maxima? I think that was a more reliable car than this car you have now.
            I known glory for awhile and every car ive seen him touch hes put it to the test. When it comes to reliability and durability they should hire him to test it. That way if it survives then and only then they can say its a solid car made to take the punishment.

Comment

I picked up an H22 for $975 in Albany.

I'm sure you can do the same..and NOT touch the motor.
              Henry R
              Koni/Neuspeed
              1992 Accord LX R.I.P
              1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
              Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
              made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

Originally posted by gloryaccordy View Post
                Appreciate the advice man.

Looking back at it, had I just financed a decent car after my first CB died, I would be in decent shape now.

I don't know about getting a brand new car, but I will def. go with something from a dealer & a warranty.
                I've had the same CB for shit 6+ yrs now done gone through 2 motors already and counting(shes on her third F22).
                1st) threw a rod through the block
                2nd) ran on 3 cyc for way to long burnt cat/ valves etc.....
                3rd) looks like it needs some love in the spring new HG, Timing adj, new fuel pump, attempt to eliminate some cancer

My suggestion to u is stick with the F there a dime a dozen and they got some ballz
                Summer 11' Big plans (Bodywork/paint/rims etc..) in Progress STAY TUNED

CLICK THE PIC

Comment

Originally posted by h22sparkle View Post
                  I known glory for awhile and every car ive seen him touch hes put it to the test. When it comes to reliability and durability they should hire him to test it. That way if it survives then and only then they can say its a solid car made to take the punishment.
                  lol ur mean
                  Summer 11' Big plans (Bodywork/paint/rims etc..) in Progress STAY TUNED

CLICK THE PIC

Comment

Original motor for the car and stick to it.

FULLY rebuild (which I have done on my last EX sedan) and that's that.

When I did mine and ran with it, simply beautiful and loved it.

F22a6 motor = Priceless

My opinion of course...
                    RETIRED...

Comment

Originally posted by GearBangnAccord View Post
                      lol ur mean
                      no im not hes the only dude i know that would push a car to the limits even in stock form. I vote for him... built glory tough tested and approved.

Comment

Originally posted by GearBangnAccord View Post
                        lol ur mean
                        Can't call him mean for telling the truth.

Comment

Originally posted by gloryaccordy View Post
                          My F22B DOHC died...

I'm at a crossroads... if I keep it... I'm going to get an H22 no question about it. But I don't want to go through this again. PArting out is not an option. If I sell it, I can find an F22 prob. for free or damn near close to it....

Its crazy cause I barely drove the car. No more than maybe 150 miles a week. It was running absolutely great just the day before it died. I can't deal w/these kinds of crises regularly.

I really want to finish my build... but I'm trying to go back to grad school, get certs for work etc. The last thing I need right now is this kind of distraction. Shit is expensive. The GMAT is $250. LEED AP certification is $300. I don't feel like spending $1500 or so to get another questionable motor into a 16 y/o car. That's gonna be close to $3000 so far on this car in less than 6 months!!! I could put that to a real basic get around now. Maybe even something automatic so my girl can drive it.

Logically there's only one thing to do. I have so many good spare parts too, I could get together a nice amount of money getting this car running + selling it.

What do you guys think?
                          Cars cost money mang. If you have a car you will spend money. No way around it. Its futile to use the its costs more to repair than its worth argument.U in NYC right? chu chu train

Comment

Originally posted by Fake Thug View Post
                            Cars cost money mang. If you have a car you will spend money. No way around it. Its futile to use the its costs more to repair than its worth argument.U in NYC right? chu chu train
                            Chu,chu train year right with the way the mta is pushing their prices up and laying people off at the same time. Knowing that these people can barely afford the cost of living today then for them to turn around and cry about the bail-out then since they got a raise.

Then they turned around and still talk about boosting the fare to $3.00 to 3.50 lol. For the amount that your paying a month to go to and from work you might aswell buy your own whip.

Comment

my goodness

Comment

Chu,chu train year right with the way the mta is pushing their prices up and laying people off at the same time. Knowing that these people can barely afford the cost of living today then for them to turn around and cry about the bail-out then since they got a raise.

Then they turned around and still talk about boosting the fare to $3.00 to 3.50 lol. For the amount that your paying a month to go to and from work you might aswell buy your own whip.
                                3.50?? good lord. Cota in columbus is like $1.25 one way and that includes tranfer

Comment

Working...
                                X