Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Srsly... should I keep this car

My F22B DOHC died...

I'm at a crossroads... if I keep it... I'm going to get an H22 no question about it. But I don't want to go through this again. PArting out is not an option. If I sell it, I can find an F22 prob. for free or damn near close to it....

Its crazy cause I barely drove the car. No more than maybe 150 miles a week. It was running absolutely great just the day before it died. I can't deal w/these kinds of crises regularly.

I really want to finish my build... but I'm trying to go back to grad school, get certs for work etc. The last thing I need right now is this kind of distraction. Shit is expensive. The GMAT is $250. LEED AP certification is $300. I don't feel like spending $1500 or so to get another questionable motor into a 16 y/o car. That's gonna be close to $3000 so far on this car in less than 6 months!!! I could put that to a real basic get around now. Maybe even something automatic so my girl can drive it.

Logically there's only one thing to do. I have so many good spare parts too, I could get together a nice amount of money getting this car running + selling it.

What do you guys think?

Originally posted by lordoja
    im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Originally posted by gloryaccordy View Post
    My F22B DOHC died...

I'm at a crossroads... if I keep it... I'm going to get an H22 no question about it. But I don't want to go through this again. PArting out is not an option. If I sell it, I can find an F22 prob. for free or damn near close to it....

Its crazy cause I barely drove the car. No more than maybe 150 miles a week. It was running absolutely great just the day before it died. I can't deal w/these kinds of crises regularly.

I really want to finish my build... but I'm trying to go back to grad school, get certs for work etc. The last thing I need right now is this kind of distraction. Shit is expensive. The GMAT is $250. LEED AP certification is $300. I don't feel like spending $1500 or so to get another questionable motor into a 16 y/o car. That's gonna be close to $3000 so far on this car in less than 6 months!!! I could put that to a real basic get around now. Maybe even something automatic so my girl can drive it.

Logically there's only one thing to do. I have so many good spare parts too, I could get together a nice amount of money getting this car running + selling it.

What do you guys think?
    you have the worst luck

smoke tires, not drugs.

Comment

Get another car glory im telling you get a newer car. Time to give up the ghost like i did . I got a fast car and rarely have the time to use it in my work schedule of making money.

I somewhat regret spendin the moneyon mine.But I know one things for sure noone at all in my neighborhood is fuckin with my speed period. Thats the rep i wanted and i achieved it. But i did it once again just for the cheap speed of things for more bang for the buck. Im almost done finished buying my girl her own car.

Comment

Do you have the stock a6?
        I would suggest swapping that, selling it and getting a 96-97 Auto EX Accord.

Thats if you want something new.

Comment

sell it to me

Burrito Bandidos: It will change your fuckin life

Comment

This again?

Lease a car...brand freaking new, and don't touch it.

Comment

Originally posted by JaK FRoSTWhiTE View Post
              Do you have the stock a6?
              I would suggest swapping that, selling it and getting a 96-97 Auto EX Accord.

Thats if you want something new.
              I do have the stock A6 still. Only thing with that was that it was burning oil and we don't know if it was the rings or the valve seals. That's why I swapped it. A decent running F will be easy as fuck to find though. Do you know anyone w/an F sitting around?

Originally posted by lordoja
              im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

why sell it?
                get an h and rebuild it yo.

enjoy old cars, dont pass them off like garbage

smoke tires, not drugs.

Comment

true but its hella cold outside to work on lol

Comment

Originally posted by gloryaccordy View Post
                    Do you know anyone w/an F sitting around?
                    My a6 is sitting in my garage but as a backup.
                    I think Chris Garcia has an a6 with Wagon spec tranny 5spd.
                    I'll text him and find out...

Comment

Never sell. And if you do for something newer, don't try and get another CB after a while.
                      1993 Accord EX
                      2011 Subaru STi

Comment

Originally posted by h22sparkle View Post
                        true but its hella cold outside to work on lol
                        shit i did my swap like 2 years ago in like -2 below so it doable

^^MY OLD RIDE
                        http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...91#post3052591 <<**CURRENT DA9 BUILD**

Comment

Don't let this car jeopordize your future... If you have the space, leave it to the side. If I remember correctly you were used to taking public transit. Do that for a while, the money saved will slowly pile up and you can have it back in due time.

Comment

I have to agree with AW. Sorry glory, you just aren't cut out for project cars. Find yourself either a nice cheap used Civic hatchback or something that is cheap to own, or go lease a new car and be done with it.

You don't have bad luck. You do shit half assed, and then when it catches up to you, you complain about how much of a hassle/expense it is etc. It is a classic case of seeing cheaper on the front end, and not considering the cost of the total deal on the backend. In most cases, you would have saved money by just doing your shit right the first time, but you clearly don't want to do that, as you have had 3 CB's, none of which you did that on. The older the cars get, the less forgiving they are of cheap half assed shit.

In your particular case, the cheapest way would be to buy a car that is going to last, not that is the cheapest available, making a nominal monthly payment, and being done with it.

Honestly, I am not trying to smash on you, as I think you seem to be a pretty cool guy, which is why I don't give you a ton of shit about it. But in all brutal honesty, all you are going to do until you change your fundamental course of action is keep setting yourself up to fail.

Buy a car brand new, with a warranty and be done with it. You won't have to worry about unseen costs, you won't have to worry about it breaking, and you won't have to worry about it having been beat up on. Essentially, what you have done in the past is trying to play the lottery. You expect to pay $1 for a car, and get $10,000 worth of car out of it. It isn't going to happen.

As for half assed, some of the shit you have on your car wasn't even designed for it. If that isn't asking for trouble, I don't know what is.
                            The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

or you can just fix what blew up...
                              I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Working...
                              X