OK. Dont know which to get done 1st

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK. Dont know which to get done 1st

ok. i got a couple of problems right now. and i need some imput on which yall would suggest i get 1st.

Tires: i need some tires. not insanely bad but i dont want to be rolling around on the tires i have now. i have a tad bit of camber wear on the inside. i have Goodyears up front and BFGoodrich in the back(DERN i loved these tires. BFG's were so sticky to me and looked so good with all the meat they had on them.)

Oil leak: see now heres the problem. my car likes to play with my emotions sometimes. one day ill drive for like 15min and i can smell the oil leaking onto the exhaust. ill check it and it might be like 1/2 quart low. but the next day. nothing. no oil loss. even if i beat on it. nothing. but i do see where oil is leaking from the timing belt side. my balance shaft seal has a retainer on it, but its not a new seal. i have over 200k on it.

Suspension: it sucks. im on freakin ebay coils and i hate it. daily driving is somewhat ok. but sucks for highway use. sideswipe recently got some KYB's for a good price off line. said the ride was a LOT better than OEM struts. for a set, it'll cost me $200. at least.

plus before all of that i have a couple of people to pay back 1st. but them before my car tho.

any suggestions?
    Tires: Khumo(205/45/16) for $200($198 actually)
    6.98%
    Oil leak that likes to play with my emotions(maybe like $200 b/c of t-belt replacement)
    93.02%
    Suspension: KYB's til i get my new set up(wont tell no one)
    0.00%

The poll is expired.

Fix that leak. Be warned that it might be coating your timing belt.

1993 Honda Accord LX 2004-2009
    1996 Honda Civic LX 2009-2012
    2012 Kia Optima LX 2012-2013
    2010 Honda Accord EX-L V6 2013-2018
    2007 Honda Fit Sport 2017-2017
    2018 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0T 2018-20XX

Comment

Originally posted by Cakeboy View Post
      Fix that leak. Be warned that it might be coating your timing belt.

true. but i checked the belt out and there no oil on the belt at all and its been like that for a while too

Comment

..oil leak ftw

Originally posted by Juice21
        thnx pimpette, your car inspired me to go lower
        Originally posted by GameChewer
        Shiit i heard that, you heard the queen!

Comment

Think of it this way...

If your motor isnt running,

The suspension and tires are useless...

Comment

i would get tires
            UNDERGROUND SOCIETY
            NEW COUPE MEMBERS RIDE THREAD COMMING SOON

Comment

Originally posted by breeziebabyyy View Post
              ..oil leak ftw
              Originally posted by EJX_Michael View Post
              Think of it this way...

If your motor isnt running,

The suspension and tires are useless...
              but the oil leak isnt bad. at all. i mean on the way to SC, i had to put 2 quarts in. 4hr drive. but on the way back, i didnt have to put any in. and i was speeding the entire way back too so like i said. its an oil leak that likes to mess with my head yo.

Originally posted by 1990Ex View Post
              i would get tires

i do want some. ive been looking for whole set since ive got these rims. they havent had a matching set since then. finally i found some on tirerack.com for $198 shipped in the size i want.

Comment

A small oil leak can easily turn into an even bigger problem later on down the road. Just fix it now then have fun with your suspension and tires
                [IMG]http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u105/akona21/cb2-2.jpg[/IMG

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow1 View Post
                  but the oil leak isnt bad. at all. i mean on the way to SC, i had to put 2 quarts in. 4hr drive. but on the way back, i didnt have to put any in. and i was speeding the entire way back too so like i said. its an oil leak that likes to mess with my head yo.

i do want some. ive been looking for whole set since ive got these rims. they havent had a matching set since then. finally i found some on tirerack.com for $198 shipped in the size i want.

from what your saying the leak isnt that bad but its there, bad tires are never fun an ebay coils suck

when i had my ebay coils i only bought used tires, i wouldnt spend the money for brand new tires if my struts/springs where not updated also
                  UNDERGROUND SOCIETY

Comment

Originally posted by AG17CB7 View Post
                    A small oil leak can easily turn into an even bigger problem later on down the road. Just fix it now then have fun with your suspension and tires

yeah. thats true. happened with my 1st cb that i had. a small leak turned into 3 quarts just to drive for 25min. but it took like 4 months tho.

Originally posted by 1990Ex View Post
                    from what your saying the leak isnt that bad but its there, bad tires are never fun an ebay coils suck

when i had my ebay coils i only bought used tires, i wouldnt spend the money for brand new tires if my struts/springs where not updated also

same here man.

dern i hate decisions.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow1 View Post
                      yeah. thats true. happened with my 1st cb that i had. a small leak turned into 3 quarts just to drive for 25min. but it took like 4 months tho.

same here man.

dern i hate decisions.
                      i still say tires
                      UNDERGROUND SOCIETY

Comment

How bad are your tires?

Comment

Originally posted by JaK FRoSTWhiTE View Post
                          How bad are your tires?
                          on the phone he said the was bald
                          UNDERGROUND SOCIETY

Comment

i say pay back yer buddies and the oil leak then struts then aligment then tires.

right now 'm working on my counter shaft seal it popped out and man getting that crank pulley is a pain. i'd get the oul leak inspected asap tho bro
                            1991 White Accord LX 5-speed aka Lil' Red

Comment

Originally posted by Lil' Whitie View Post
                              i say pay back yer buddies and the oil leak then struts then aligment then tires.

right now 'm working on my counter shaft seal it popped out and man getting that crank pulley is a pain. i'd get the oul leak inspected asap tho bro
                              thats double the money cause he would have to do the struts, aligment, tires, aligment
                              UNDERGROUND SOCIETY

Comment

Working...
                              X