need computer help please!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

need computer help please!!!!

okay. i've got a gateway desktop it's a amd athlon 64x2 it's got 2gb ram and 250gb hard drive. it does the job.

i recently bought a 2.5inch IDE hard drive enclousure to put a 60gb laptop hard drive i had laying around. but when i pluged it up it said the following

"new hardware found" then
    "your device is installed and ready to use" then the thing went away

so now. i SHOULD be able to use it. it doesn't work!
    doesn't come up in My computer. and i tried to right click on my computer and
    clicked on manager and it DOES come up under Device manager > Disk drives and says "device is installed and working properly" but i can't format it since it doesn't come up "disk management"

but i pluged up an OLDER 2gb IDE hard drive and that worked. but then i kept messing with the 60gb one in other usb plugs
    and just didn't work. so i gave up. =[ the drive SHOULD be fine. it needs to be reformatted though

so know i plug up my Camera to get pics off of it. which i know works and doesn't work! either. doing the same thing the ex. hard drive is doing. and i plug up my phone VIA usb and does the SAME! and its pissing me off.

i know it worked the day before. what should i do? i don't want to re-install my windows and delete everything. =[ that's why i need a external drive so
    i can put all my videos and music. someone plaese help me out. i've done extensive re search online and i still can't seem to fix my problem. i'm sorry for the long read. thanks ahead of tiime!

Ride: 2002 Lexus IS300

You need to go to

control panel

performance and maintenance

computer management

then
    storage
    disk management

then find that harddrive in the list and format it.
    wat?

Comment

i did that. you can get there from right click "My computer" > manage

but the disk drive doesn't show up.

heres a pic

Comment

heres the Tobisha Hard drive.

so it's READING! it.

unless somethings wrong with it.

which i REALLY DOUBT!

if so anyones got a old extra 2.5" IDE hard drive laying around i can buy..

i got my CAMERA to work. but still won't come up my computer. i did it thru Exlplorer..

Comment

bump =]

Comment

Working...
          X