No announcement yet.

Anyone have the Tmobile G1?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the one person i know with the G1 hates it.... it does feel bulky and cheap in my opinion.... im also an iphone user.

"Tucking tires and wires."
    The Chronicles.

Comment

Ive spent plenty of time using the iPhone's touch screen keyboard. Honestly, its an acquired taste. Even as an Apple Fanboy it took me a bit to get used to it. But the auto spell checker is great, it learns words quite fast, you just have to learn to trust it and not backspace every time you make a mistake. Also, theres a shitton of apps for the iPhone platform.
      -Mark-
      CB7
      CD5

And if i could swim I'd swim out to you in the ocean
      Swim out to where you were floating in the dark.

Comment

iphone is junk
        get a motoq
        holds up to 32gbs of sd mem
        has suported apps such as skyfire, etc ect

check mine out

its us cellular phone running a leaked version of vzw 6.1(im the first one to do this, i help people out when im on smartappsworld.com)
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ndq1QHCn0vo

i run a non evdo network so it shows it with the video on slow my network is
        im persnonly looking to goto sprint and get the htc touch pro

also the g1 is made by htc
        Last edited by jhoff; 12-08-2008, 10:50 AM.

Comment

Fuckin hate HTC phones, I had a Dash, nothing but problems

I am looking at either a VZW Curve or Storm

Originally posted by lordoja
          im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

I just picked up the G1 over the weekend. I LOVE IT!!!!

The hardware takes a little getting used to but it does make sense and is easy to use once you get the hang of it. My only gripe hardware-wise is the headphone jack. The way they set it up is that you plug the headphones into the USB port which also serves as the charger jack and USB connection. You can only have one plugged in at a time.

Software-wise, it's awesome! There's tons of apps already available for it and it comes with some pretty powerful features right out of the box. The Linux based OS is incredible and I feel right at home with it. I can do stuff with the G1 that the iphone can only dream of. I've already for telnet, ping, tracert, ssh tunneling, and a few other network tools set up on it, not to mention the access to the publicly available tools on the web. I may start getting involved with app development since I want to be able to run wireshark or something similar on it. I'm in FL right now and I'm able to log into my server in MD using a form of VNC. There's lots of apps (almost all are free) for most common things and I see a lot more coming soon, plus once you get a sh terminal open and root access you are able to do more advanced system changes like mounting the internal memory with 777 access and other useful things. My only complaint (which I've already found a work-around for) is that by default, the OS loads apps into the internal memory without allowing you to save/run them from the SD card. It's easy to run out of space since all your apps, temp data, and history is stored on the internal memory. Like I said, I've since changed that, but it's something tmobile/google needs to look into for a future update. I know it "officially supports" 16GB SD cards, but I haven't found anything limiting it to that. I think I'm going to try a 32 or 64GB card soon and see how that does (I'd like to see an iphone do that ). This thing is amazing! I recommend it to anyone deciding between an iphone or the g1. It's more like a portable linux computer than anything I've ever seen before. Plus it's open source so there's going to be lots of cool stuff in the future

My Accord History:
            91 EX 2dr : 91 EX 2dr : 91 LX 4dr : 93 EX 2dr : 86 LXi 2dr : 92 LX 4dr : 92 EX 4dr

-Patrick

Comment

Working...
            X