Anyone have the Tmobile G1?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone have the Tmobile G1?

im deffinetly considering a new phone..and the Battle is Between Tmobile G1 and the 3G 16gb Iphone. the provider will be Tmobile..ill be getting rid of my Tmobile Wing...but all the reviews ive read about the G1 doint seem to focus on the phone itself but mainly about the design. id like to know whats options on music?? does it have a jukebox or a mp3 player? how is it on memory when cruising the net? ive used 1 for about 10 minutes at the store aned the web browsing was unbelievably FAST and from what i hear you can make shortcuts? to youtube and all of that? im also thinking about price.. i HATE the iphones touch screen keyboard since i am a HEAVY texter and i like to JAM on the keyboard...all opinions welcome

TYPE R Big Build thread 25,000+ VIEWS!!!http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=123069
    I feel like BIG MEECH! LARRY HOOVER! whippin work! haileliuah one nation under god. REAL naggas gettin money from the freakin START!

the internet might be fast on that phone because its running on wifi instead of the 3g network

as far as function wise, the phone does the job....i cant get into full details on it because i also only played with the phone in the store.

but looks wise, that phone is really bulky, thats why i didnt buy one and i chose the 1st gen iphone instead. im using the iphone with t-mobile

sorry to say, im a long time customer to t-mobile, but t-mobile phones are crap compared to at&t.

Comment

yea ghost said it. i like the g1 but i would rather have the iphone instead. but you text as much as i do and i dont think you would have a problem
      Maple50175 - you're annoying =P
      Brandoncb7 - I don't mean to come across like an ass but I see why you irritate Aaron now.
      JoshM - Crotch rocket = chick magnet.

Comment

Google did a great job with the Android OS, and it's open source so you know the application market is going to explode in a short amount of time.

however, the hardware supposedly sucks balls.

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

I know two people that have the G1 who aren't very happy with it. The network on it sucks they say. Although like R33 said, homebrewers are gonna go crazy with apps on it. So its 50/50.. I think an unlocked iphone is 500$.. your choice.

Comment

i got the 16g iphone 3g, i must say..its a pretty nifty phone!

im a massive texter, usually 100+ a day i send out, and i type fast, i always mash the screen and spell words wrong, but its got an auto spell checker for that reason...which can get annoying sometimes cause it dosnt know lots of words like "fuck" "goin" shit like that...

internets fast for me...can make tons of shortcuts...touble tap home button to turn it to your ipod...

bitchin phone..
            ..[CB7][STAR]..
            MY MEMBERS RIDE THREAD

Comment

i just made a thread about this like a week ago.

i couldn't decide which phone i wanted.

g1 or iphone.

i bought the iphone.

Comment

Originally posted by npor View Post
                i just made a thread about this like a week ago.

i couldn't decide which phone i wanted.

g1 or iphone.

i bought the iphone.
                in my opinion, you made a better choice.

t-mobile needs to invest in better phones. but i think with better phones, means higher rate plans for t-mobile.

Comment

The way I see it: Don't bother....in a month or two there will be a newer and better phone out there. I still have the same fuckin Sidekick Slide since it came out. I was thinking of getting a Wing or G1 but said fuck it. Sidekick package is the cheapest data package you will ever see.
                  VIP Status.

Comment

Ive had the Iphone since the day it came out I love it. Even not being on the 3g i like it. Only other fairly good alternative i think there is to the iphone is the new touchscreen blackberry thats a pretty sick phone.

My Wiretuck/ Insane engine bay
                    member ride thread
                    11.86@120mph T66 turbo 612hp F22A
                    DIVULGE MOTORSPORTS
                    People can hate all they want, my f22 is faster than yours.
                    I have literally been on this site for 10 years, I know what i am talking about!
                    John 10:18 "No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. "

Comment

I have the sidekick slide aswell, I love the phone it does everything I need it to do and nothing I don't, the only problem I have with it is that it is a kids toy lol.
                      1993 Accord EX
                      2011 Subaru STi

Comment

Originally posted by tonymontana1204 View Post
                        I have the sidekick slide aswell, I love the phone it does everything I need it to do and nothing I don't, the only problem I have with it is that it is a kids toy lol.
                        It is....and mine resets itself at least once a week. I did the paper trick to push the battery against the terminals and all that shit. Even got the new/updated version. Still fucked up. I don't care though.
                        VIP Status.

Comment

Originally posted by 92vig View Post
                          It is....and mine resets itself at least once a week. I did the paper trick to push the battery against the terminals and all that shit. Even got the new/updated version. Still fucked up. I don't care though.
                          I read about that problem, doesn't happen with mine.
                          1993 Accord EX
                          2011 Subaru STi

Comment

Originally posted by tonymontana1204 View Post
                            I read about that problem, doesn't happen with mine.
                            Happens to me and then takes 5 or 10 minutes before My Faves will come back. Deleted all of my texts and then replaces them with 300 old ones in the inbox, 300 old ones in sent and one draft. Then takes forever to delete them from the trash because there are so many. Damn thing says inbox is full or whatever...like well no shit! It puts messages from 3 months ago in my inbox/sent box. Fuckin weird.
                            VIP Status.

Comment

Originally posted by 92vig View Post
                              Happens to me and then takes 5 or 10 minutes before My Faves will come back. Deleted all of my texts and then replaces them with 300 old ones in the inbox, 300 old ones in sent and one draft. Then takes forever to delete them from the trash because there are so many. Damn thing says inbox is full or whatever...like well no shit! It puts messages from 3 months ago in my inbox/sent box. Fuckin weird.
                              Lol that happened to me once I had to reset it because I didn't have the G.
                              1993 Accord EX
                              2011 Subaru STi

Comment

Working...
                              X