No announcement yet.

Pics from the new job - 56k might grab coffee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WTTE News was out there this weekend. One of the tenants hadn't had water for days due to frozen pipes. She also had a dripping ceiling that had a huge mold spot growing on it. I had told her to call the BoH on Friday to complain. I hope she did. I know WTTE called and got in touch with the Project Manager somehow (he lives in Detroit) and he was less than thrilled about it. One of the other new guys talked to the news crew and opened a couple of apartments for them. He stayed off camera, but I recognized his voice.

Today is going to be another interesting day at Wingate Villages, I think!

(Later that day)

Well, today one of the other new guys quit. Another guy they hired was the one that called WTTE. He was going to get fired, but the corporate office said they can't fire him due to the Whistleblower Act. They won't even let them fire him for missing four days in the two weeks he's been employed!

I, however, told the project manager and (the property manager) that the property was a slum:

He (Project, not property) said "Hey, Jon! Still working here?"
    "Yep, for now, anyway."
    "What's that mean? Are you looking for another job?"
    "Yeah, I'll admit that I am, Bert."
    "Oh really? Why's that?"
    "Because Bert, this property is a slum."
    "A slum? why would you say that?"
    "Because I have eyes and a brain. This property is a slum and I don't see the owners putting the money into it that it needs to be livable, let alone nice."

Then he got a phone call, and I got a call on the radio. At the end of the day, I was telling the maintenance supervisor I'd see him in the morning and he said "I don't think so, Bert left a note on your timecard to see him before you left."

I went to Bert's office, and he told me to come on in and sit down, then he got up and closed the doors saying "I don't know if anyone else wanted to be in on this meeting, but they aren't here, so too bad." Then he said that he felt I'd been disrespectful, but he'd let it pass. He then told me "We aren't slumlords, Jon. I can't understand why you'd say that." "I told him that what I had seen on the property, on the internet and heard from other people in the industry said differently. We had a nice 20 minute meeting in which I informed him of the condition of the property, told him maybe he should go walk the property himself and have the owner(s) come walk the property. We talked about the fact that I have to enter apartments with animal carcasses and feces in them, mold everywhere, how much I think it would take to rehabilitate the property, everything I had seen and knew that needed fixed.
    He said that he would try to make some changes and that he didn't want to lose me.

We'll see. We'll see.

Comment

what are those

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
      01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
      93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
      93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

Originally posted by Night Wolf View Post

what are those
        DVDs, wanna watch a movie?

Comment

That place should be used for a piantball urban field. Make tons of money. It'll be just like counter strike.

Comment

Originally posted by jimy View Post
            That place should be used for a piantball urban field. Make tons of money. It'll be just like counter strike.

there ya go... how stable is the floors? when you walk them? do you have to watch out and stuff?
            1991 White Accord LX 5-speed aka Lil' Red

Comment

Most of the floors are pretty solid. It would make a great paintball field. You could have a few hundred people on it at once with no problems.

Comment

..this is sad how they let that complex get like that

Originally posted by Juice21
                thnx pimpette, your car inspired me to go lower
                Originally posted by GameChewer
                Shiit i heard that, you heard the queen!

Comment

Honestly looking at this shit again this area should be hit up with a couple of bombing strafe runs becuase i dont even think the wreckingball is gonna do it.

Comment

that would be a great paintball field.

but wait a second. halfway through the pictures i read that people actually live in there?! are you serious? from the looks of those places, no cars in the lots, mold all over the walls, it doesn't look like a healthy man could survive one week in one of those buildings. i had no idea people actually live in there still.

thank god you go out of there, that mold doesn't look too healthy to be breathing in.

you should send this thread full of pictures to the boh, along with that letter you sent if these are the real living conditions of human beings.

Comment

Okay, even though I no longer work there, I'm still intrigued by it. I was playing with maps.live's birds-eye view, and found these two pics of the building the family died in. Of all the times that these pics could have been shot, how odd that they were taken within such a small time frame of the tragedy.

This was the first one I found, while rotating the birds-eye view.

This one I found rotating the birds-eye view for another section of the property.

This is pretty much the view on any other angle I could find.

Comment

sketchyyy

did u weird gloves and a suit? shit that place looks so gross

Comment

Working...
                        X