RHD conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RHD conversion

Well, first I want to say that I did not know where to put this topic. So, if it is in the wrong forum, can a mod please put it in its respective area. Thanks.

Ok. I have been contemplating this idea for a couple of weeks now and want to get some opinions. I have been thinking about converting my car to RHD. I know that it will be a lot of work and fabrication, but I can deal with that. I figure, I already converted my car to a manual, might as well convert it to RHD. So far, I know that I have to source a JDM dash. But, other than that, I do not know what to get or what to look for. If anyone could help me out with some sort of a part list, I would greatly appreciate it. Well, I'm done with my rant. This is still an idea. I was wondering what the fellow board members thought. Thanks for reading.
    "I'm out for presidents to represent me"

well, there are many routes you can take, but this is the one that i have seen most often and seems the most logical to me...

you would be better off just buying a whole rhd front clip and use the dash and cut out the firewall for the use of the steering column and other necessary parts.

since you have already done the 5 spd conversion, you should have no trouble moving the pedals to the other side.

also, you will probably want to move the ecu to the new passenger side and that takes much time and patience with wiring (from what ive heard). you may want to move the fuse box to the opposite side

i think those are all the major issues that you will encounter....

and this is only from my limited knowledge from talking to a guy who converted a DA integra and my buddy doing a hell of a lot of research to change his mind into not doing the conversion.

plus, i hope you do not use it as a daily driver because anyone can tell you that it takes a lot of getting used to (passing and such) but you probably already knew that

hope that helps

Comment

Thats what they are doing at a shop here. This guy bought a front clip of a Del Sol, and the guy doing my car is cutting the USDM Del Sol in half and welding the frames together and painting the whole car.

Some guy from Cincinnati is doing all the wiring to make this a RHD Del Sol.
      Adam - Retired OG member from '03
      2010 Lexus IS-F : Starfire Pearl
      2009 Yamaha R1 Raven : Black on Black
      2002 Lexus IS300 : Crystal White Pearl / Black Leather

.. i HAD more shaved on my accord than your girl does on her entire body..

Comment

Originally posted by rebels
        This guy bought a front clip of a Del Sol, and the guy doing my car is cutting the USDM Del Sol in half and welding the frames together and painting the whole car.
        is that going to be safe?

i think it would be easier and safer to cut out just the firewall of both leaving some margain all the way around and carefully placing and welding it in

but i hope it turns out well on the del slo....i mean sol

Comment

yes it can be done as rebals said they get the front clip and weld them together which is just as strong if not stronger when they do it. i think bustedlx had a rhd dash before not sure if he still has it but im sure you could get one easy
          cb7 sold
          2002 mineral gray mustang gt not stock
          95 accord lx daily driver

Comment

He has a B18C5 for the Del Sol, along with a nice turbo setup, and nitrous. This guy owns a shop and has a lot of money to dump into this del sol. Lucky guy.

They will get the frame and body work done because the guy doing my car is really good.. but I'm still iffy about the wiring and stuff. Best of luck to him.
            Adam - Retired OG member from '03
            2010 Lexus IS-F : Starfire Pearl
            2009 Yamaha R1 Raven : Black on Black
            2002 Lexus IS300 : Crystal White Pearl / Black Leather

.. i HAD more shaved on my accord than your girl does on her entire body..

Comment

It will most likely still be my daily driver. I'm crazy like that. So, I'm taking it that the hardest part is the re-location of the ecu? Hmmmm, it doesn't sound as complicated as I was thinking it was. Buying a RHD Accord front clip sounds like the best option. Anymore more insight would be appreciated. Also, thanks for the responses so far.

Comment

Hope its just a show car cuz you can kiss the term 'street legal' goodbye
                To-Do List for Today
                Be Awesome

Comment

hey MXCX itis still street legal even if itis RHD. I have been contempleting the same thing crawl. if youfind a place to find a half cut RHD accord let me know cause I will buy one too.
                  "you can catch me swoopin 4G coupin switchin lanes" haha haha.

1993 SE coupe drag car ahoy!

1992 EX coupe 5 spd **sold **

1991 LX sedan 5 spd **tore the tranny apart**
                  sold to: jakfrostwhite,F22Cb7Rid3r, and many others
                  Did work for: jhoff_cb7
                  Traded with: 1990AccordEX,pr3pg4lyfe

Comment

Don't forget the door panels from the Right hand drive, as well as the seats. You don't want all the window switches, and seat adjustment levers on the wrong side.

Comment

Good call. I would probably just swap in the 2.0 motor also. Then, I would swap in the switches. I am going to get new seats anyways, so those aren't a concern for me.

Comment

its legal, at least in GA

you can insure it as a kit car or something of that nature

Comment

There is a honda integra which is legal a couple of towns over for me its for sale now.

Comment

Working...
                          X