WEll i got a ticket funny though

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WEll i got a ticket funny though

Well I was driving around chilling with my group of srt-4s and other car enthusiasts too many to list. Then out of nowhere as everyone went home i got pulled over about 6 blocks away from the usual meet point at the burgerking going towards brooklyn. So i figured no problem cop comes to my window and goes:

cop:hey
    me: wassup
    cop: could i see your license and registration please
    me: sure no problem what seems to be the problem
    cop: well your exhaust is too loud
    me: well that cant be im driving along i wasnt loud comon this is how the car comes stock thats the way it sounds its not like its a honda it comes like this from the factory.
    cop: awwe comon no it doesnt you got the borla exhaust on and whatnot
    me: huh this is how the car comes from the dealership
    me: looking back distinctively as i notice the cop whos standing behind him watching me touching the top of my roof-line touching the vortex generator fins .
    cop: goes back with my paperwork him and his parter talks for like a good 15 minutes and comes out with a summons and hands it to me
    me: recieved the summons liek whatever and threw it in the backseat.
    cop: well if you get it fixed you should be good
    me: nauchelauntly goes uh-huh totally ignoring the cop .
    cop:have a nice day.
    me:i drive off and make a nice loud pop at wide open throttle and drive off nice and easy to let them know what loud is.
    cop: pulls right next to me with his car in the opposite side of traffic lane right next to me and goes yeah so its stock from the factory.
    me: ignores the cop looks straight and rolled up my window.

I have the ticket and the cop actually made a mistake or gave me a break and i didnt even know it

On the ticket he put passenger passenger on the plate type on the body style section he put sedan but he put 2 and on the make of the vehicle he put an x in the honda box.

Im confused.

He gave you a ticket for "loud factory exhaust"?

Then you "drive off and make a nice loud pop at wide open throttle and drive off nice and easy to let them know what loud is."?
    So... did you drive WOT, or drive off nice and easy?

1999 BMW M3
    2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
    2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
    2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

I think he blipped it to show them what loud is.

This is what made me go "wha?"

...On the ticket he put passenger passenger on the plate type on the body style section he put sedan but he put 2 and on the make of the vehicle he put an x in the honda box.
      I think it should read "On the ticket, he marked down passenger vehicle, he also marked passenger license plates, then he marked it down as a sedan, but also marked it as a 2 door vehicle and marked the box next to Honda for the make of vehicle." I could be mistranslating though.

I've never seen a ticket that had choices for make of vehicle. What happens if you don't have the standard vehicle? Do they have boxes for Fiat? Jaguar? Ferrari?

Comment

Originally posted by visualpoet View Post

I think it should read "On the ticket, he marked down passenger vehicle, he also marked passenger license plates, then he marked it down as a sedan, but also marked it as a 2 door vehicle and marked the box next to Honda for the make of vehicle." I could be mistranslating though.

I've never seen a ticket that had choices for make of vehicle. What happens if you don't have the standard vehicle? Do they have boxes for Fiat? Jaguar? Ferrari?
        They have a box for All other makes.
        1993 Accord EX
        2011 Subaru STi

Comment

so fight it. ur car is obviously a dodge and not a honda. he wrote down the wrong vehicle.
          <

(129)Transactions and counting

Comment

Probably won't beat it. If the plate number is correct and the DL info is correct, they'll ignore the mis-marked box. But, if you can prove that's the factory exhaust on your ride, you'll beat it.

Comment

Blake.
              1994 Accord Part out!
              Me and my step dad's 1991 Accord EX Coupe MRT

82 accord-rip, 94 geo-sold, 82 cavilier-rip,81 civic-rip,88 accord- rip, 88 legend- rip, 91 civic- sold,97 geo-sold, 92 accord- sold 94 accord- RIP, 1990 Camry- RIP

Comment

Yeah if it's the factory exhaust I would DEFINITELY fight it. Either have paperwork on it or hell I would even go to Dodge and have one of them deal with it lol. I'm sure they have something that could help.

Comment

Originally posted by Joshs92ex View Post
                  Im confused.

He gave you a ticket for "loud factory exhaust"?

Then you "drive off and make a nice loud pop at wide open throttle and drive off nice and easy to let them know what loud is."?
                  So... did you drive WOT, or drive off nice and easy?

I drove off hard after the fact that they gave me the shit.

Comment

[QUOTE=Brandoncb7;1776809]Yeah if it's the factory exhaust I would DEFINITELY fight it. Either have paperwork on it or hell I would even go to Dodge and have one of them deal with it lol. I'm sure they have something that could help.[/QUO

nope overhere if they get you and they dont fill it out properly you can sue them for that so instead they dismiss the ticket for failure to properly descibe. In other words the ticket gets tossed

Comment

Originally posted by visualpoet View Post

yup

Comment

Yeah fight it... How did he know it was Borla an not know it was factory????

BTW- Revving at cops... Not so smart.
                        "This truck is 100% sh*ts and giggles."
                        "Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary... that's what gets you." Jeremy Clarkson

You're not JDM until you have a car built in ohio with tons of bolt ons from ebay.
                        Disregard females, acquire currency
                        BUS 62 AIN'T F'ING AROUND!

Comment

Originally posted by h22sparkle View Post
                          nope overhere if they get you and they dont fill it out properly you can sue them for that so instead they dismiss the ticket for failure to properly descibe. In other words the ticket gets tossed
                          good shit

Comment

Originally posted by h22sparkle View Post
                            You can sue them for calling your Neon a Honda?

1999 BMW M3
                            2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
                            2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
                            2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

Originally posted by turbomaxx View Post
                              Yeah fight it... How did he know it was Borla an not know it was factory????

BTW- Revving at cops... Not so smart.
                              He just stated it,there are some cops out there who are more into cars than they are into their own profession.

Instead of doin some things they are supposed to do sometimes they just wanna pull you over and yaknow check your stuff out from time to time. They are bored shotting at people all day j/k for those who are workin for the law. Btw i didnt rev at them i just took off after they gave me the ticket. Theres a difference in just taking off and peeling out and revving at people . I dont rev i just take off.

Comment

Working...
                              X