I'm tired of sitting at home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm tired of sitting at home

I posted last week about hurting my back at work. I had to go to the ER, then I had to fill a cup. On the way to the ER, I stopped and bought a cleanser, but they were out of the one I usually buy. The girl behind the counter recommended Strip NC Extra Strength. It doesn't work. (I peed dirty for codeine (took a Tylenol 3 after hurting my back) and cannabis (I smoke, not heavy, less than 1/2 oz a month, bu t I told them I had smoked at my brother's birthday party and forgotten about it.))
    After much discussion with the owner of the company, my regional and property managers and the in-house legal staff about how to handle it. (I've been the golden child for three years, wife and I are in management training, they've asked me to withdraw resignation letters twice, etc) The legal dept decided I would have to be let go. Their reasoning is that if they cut me a break, they have to cut the next guy a break, and he might be a danger to himself or others, a drunk on the job, pcp junkie, etc. I have no problem with that. I screwed up, I accept my punishment.
    They did let me resign, rather than fire me, let my wife keep her job, and the house that's part of our pay package, we just have to pay partial rent. So, we're kinda cool.
    My little brother had been after me to come work for him (he owns his own hardwood floor business, does strictly high end exotic woods). Two weeks ago he asked how much it would take to steal me away from here. I call him up and now he's slow and can't use me. That's cool. I know he'll need me later.
    But, my back is still fucked up, i'm out of ganja (I won't buy more until I have a job again. Needs before weeds! lol), out of vicodin and I haven't gone any further than the sitter's (two doors away) in over a week.
    Tomorrow I have an interview to do HVAC rehabbing on a 700+ unit complex. I think I'm going back to the hospital for my back after that though. It hurts less than it did, but I can't stand up quick, every time I move wrong it feels like i'm being stabbed and I'm starting to have tingling in my toes (thy told me there could be neurological damage, so I should watch out for tingling extremities.)

Mostly I'm bored with sitting around the house. I've been playing Nitto legends, but something in my computer keeps giving me INVALID when I race anything besides the computer tourney, so that's no fun. Today the newbie stayed home with me. He's got a runny nose, congested chest and a fever, so all he wants is to be held. I can pick him up and lay him back down, bt it's gotta be just right or it HURTS.

That's all, just wanted to play the poor me game for a few minutes.

Dang dude. Things will get better.

So they are letting you go because they found THC in your pee? That is old world thinking.

If you can, go and work with your brother; working for/with the family is great, because your efforts = your gains...its very satisfying.
    DEVOTE

Comment

Yep. THC in the pee. If I'd been able to buy my regular cleanser, no problem. I've never failed a test using it. NEVER. I figure it's just time for me to move on. I've been talking about leaving for a long time, but I'd grown comfortable and complacent. I didn't want to deal with the hassle of losing the house and moving if the company got shitty about it (and they have before. This move told me how well liked the wife and I are)

Comment

add me on nitto legends dude..

cvc7chris & cvc7chris1 are my accounts =]

Ride: 2002 Lexus IS300

Comment

That sucks but things will turn around. Most company would do what yours did because they are scared of future lawsuits.
          1993 Accord LX - Sold
          93 BMW 525it - SOLD
          92 Accord EX Sedan - SOLD
          2000 Accord Coupe - Traded-In
          2003 Accord V6 6spd Coupe - Sold
          2001 Honda Civic Ex - SOLD
          2013 Chevy Traverse LTZ - Kid hauler
          2003 Acura Tl 3.2 - Daily Commuter

Comment

Originally posted by cvc7chris View Post
            add me on nitto legends dude..

cvc7chris & cvc7chris1 are my accounts =]

Have you been having any problems playing? I had the INVALID thing, and now the cars are only line drawings when I'm racing. I'm about fed up with it. Their forum based support sucks too. Their answer is "try this try this try this. If it doesn't work, oh well, we told you to try these things."

Originally posted by Gemini View Post
            That sucks but things will turn around. Most company would do what yours did because they are scared of future lawsuits.
            In regard to your sig typo - waitinng and it should be 'cause not cause' (since you shortened the word because, the apostrophe goes in front to designate the missing text) Do I get a prize? lol
            Last edited by visualpoet; 11-20-2008, 03:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by visualpoet View Post
              Have you been having any problems playing? I had the INVALID thing, and now the cars are only line drawings when I'm racing. I'm about fed up with it. Their forum based support sucks too. Their answer is "try this try this try this. If it doesn't work, oh well, we told you to try these things."
              i did have problems before! but now they updated it and i haven't really had any problems but i haven't playyed in like 2 days but i will play now see if i get any problems

Comment

uh and the word waiting is spelled with 2 n's in his sig lol. that one is blatant.

Hola, tengo tres patas. Me llamo tripod.

Originally posted by d112crzy
                So you're throwing a bitch fit because some other girl at school has the same nail polish and skirt as you do?

Comment

Originally posted by bagoon316 View Post
                  uh and the word waiting is spelled with 2 n's in his sig lol. that one is blatant.

lol, Caught it
                  waitinng and it should be 'cause not cause'

Comment

sorry dude let the cannabis go though!

Comment

Originally posted by GameChewer View Post
                      sorry dude let the cannabis go though!
                      Nope. I'll use until I'm dead. Far better for you than alcohol (I don't drink any more), and I won't get into the medicinal and non medicinal uses. It's a shame it's illegal. Alcohol kills far more people than cannabis every year.

Comment

Originally posted by visualpoet View Post
                        Nope. I'll use until I'm dead. Far better for you than alcohol (I don't drink any more), and I won't get into the medicinal and non medicinal uses. It's a shame it's illegal. Alcohol kills far more people than cannabis every year.
                        x2!!!!!!!!!!!!....

it's not illegal in mexico..lolz...

Comment

you know we got ya bro
                          WE MISS YOU JO(9-04-2008)

Comment

jon if you need anything let us know man

besides the chron i had to give that up!

smoke tires, not drugs.

Comment

Can't think of anything, unless someone's got a decent job! I could use some more vicodin or something equally pain-killing. But other than that, I'm good.

*sniff* you guys make me feel loved!

Comment

Working...
                              X