:Brake Light Button Trick:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CustomLowz View Post
    Easier to duck and run if your brake lights dont turn on when you tap the brakes...
    Yeah, because CB7's are WAY faster than Motorola.

- Rob -
    92 Auto Sedan - "Rustoration"
    85 Toyota 4Runner
    1977 Kawasaki KZ1000/ZX6/10R Hybrid
    2008 HD 1200N
    2009 HD 883N

Comment

Originally posted by 203Cree View Post
      Yeah, because CB7's are WAY faster than Motorola.
      they're not

Comment

Originally posted by Flatline View Post
        they're not
        No.

- Rob -
        92 Auto Sedan - "Rustoration"
        85 Toyota 4Runner
        1977 Kawasaki KZ1000/ZX6/10R Hybrid
        2008 HD 1200N
        2009 HD 883N

Comment

Originally posted by 203Cree View Post
          No.
          DAMN!

well.... now i need to swap a motorola in i guess. or one of those EMP cannons in 2F2F

Comment

Stealth? Are you some navy seal on a mission or something?

Me I would truly be happy if my break lights worked properly. I have a fucking short somewhere that causes my break lights to always stay on, along with my reverse lights. My dash light intensity also goes up when I step on the brake pedal. When the car is off but the key is in the ignition, when I put my shifter in reverse, all the warning lights go on as if I just turned the key once. It engages the seat belts which cause them to go up. How weird is that? I have no clue where the short is. I guess I'll remove the dash when I'll have all the time in the world once the car will be in storage in the garage for winter and check all the wires 1 by 1.
            NEW MYRIDE THREAD

PARTS 4 SALE

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote. View Post
              I have to admit, there are times when I pass a cop going faster than I should be (or I don't know how fast I should be going) and I don't want him to see that I'm obviously slowing down. That's like shouting "I WAS SPEEDING!!!"

I'd like to do the reverse as well... have them come on with a button push, without actually braking. Great way to brake check people without really having to risk them rear-ending you.
              You're too paranoid. Do you really think a cop is going to base a speeding ticket on that? If you're speeding, he/she already knows. Putting on your brakes may actually help you. The main goal of the speed trap is to get you, the driver, to slow down. But I digress from the strange topic at hand....

"The fault-finder will find faults even in paradise. Love your life, poor as it is. You may perhaps have some pleasant, thrilling, glorious hours, even in a poorhouse."-Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Originally posted by Gyuri87 View Post
                Stealth? Are you some navy seal on a mission or something?

Me I would truly be happy if my break lights worked properly. I have a fucking short somewhere that causes my break lights to always stay on, along with my reverse lights. My dash light intensity also goes up when I step on the brake pedal. When the car is off but the key is in the ignition, when I put my shifter in reverse, all the warning lights go on as if I just turned the key once. It engages the seat belts which cause them to go up. How weird is that? I have no clue where the short is. I guess I'll remove the dash when I'll have all the time in the world once the car will be in storage in the garage for winter and check all the wires 1 by 1.
                replace your running lights relay.

or you can open it up and re-solder all the contacts. (much cheaper )

as per the brake light cut off switch...don't know if its a real good idea, but you can just make the ground to the running lights relay go through the cruise button. good luck and don't get a ticket, or get rear-ended by a semi truck or a bus full of children. Either that or run the wire to the brake pedal switch through the cruise button, but then your rear running lights will still be on.
                Last edited by lokuputha; 11-18-2008, 10:00 PM.
                DEVOTE

Comment

Well, I know the original topic was found and posted, but it's really easy to do with any switch! You can wire it to kill the brake lights or you can wire it to turn the brake lights on.

It is just a simple pressure switch on a spring. When the brake pedal is up (brakes off), there is no contact made between the two contacts. With brakes on, contact is made between the contacts. Wire in a 2 way switch in line of either side of the brake switch wire and you can disable it at any time. Or wire in a switch to both sides of the brake switch wires and you can cut it on at any time. Or use a 3 way switch so that one position has no effect, one position disables brake lights, and the last position turns them on.

Also, not counting how illegal this is, some states may fail it for inspection if they test your switches out.

My Accord History:
                  91 EX 2dr : 91 EX 2dr : 91 LX 4dr : 93 EX 2dr : 86 LXi 2dr : 92 LX 4dr : 92 EX 4dr

-Patrick

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote. View Post
                    I have to admit, there are times when I pass a cop going faster than I should be (or I don't know how fast I should be going) and I don't want him to see that I'm obviously slowing down. That's like shouting "I WAS SPEEDING!!!"
                    yea, sometimes instead of hitting my brakes i downshift and use gearing to slow down, but then im like "whoa wait, i has a fart can, he'll pull me over for modded exhaust AND speeding now.. great I have to tell him some fukktard stole my silencer baffle in a wal mart parking lot and he'll have something to laugh at while he writes me up"

Comment

Working...
                    X