new parts for my mustang, and something you may not know about me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

new parts for my mustang, and something you may not know about me

So I was going to buy some 3.73's for my car, but I just couldn't spend that much on the car yet (between the gears, rebuild kit and install) So instead, I opted for a K&N FIPK. (Arriving at Whiplash Motorsports Monday at approximately 10:30 a.m.)

Leaving Whiplash, my cousin Adam (drives a SICK 03 cobra, fully built, full suspension, every bolt on and 200 shot...) calls me and says that his friend just pulled a set of 3.73's out of his GT to throw in some 4.10's, and that I could grab 'em for $75!!! But wait, it gets better! He said that he would ship me the stock diff from his Cobra because it's a little beefier than mine, and like everything else on his car, it's been replaced with bigger/better. So now, I'll have my intake on next week, and within a month or so I'll have 3.73's tucked inside a Cobra's diff, and I'll get some Moser 31 spline's to finish the rear end of.

And something interesting that I'm not sure I've told you all-
    Have I ever mentioned that Michael Hauf is my Cousin? Not familiar with the name? Well here is is "ride":

He called me an hour after Adam and told me he could hook me up with the right cam set up from Comp Cams!! But that's for next year... I still owe $7,900 on the car, haha.
    "This truck is 100% sh*ts and giggles."
    "Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary... that's what gets you." Jeremy Clarkson

You're not JDM until you have a car built in ohio with tons of bolt ons from ebay.
    Disregard females, acquire currency
    BUS 62 AIN'T F'ING AROUND!

Holy crap! Why the hell didn't you get into Mustangs earlier, if he's your cousin! You've got a hell of a hook up there!

Doesn't the Cobra have an independent rear, whereas your car has a solid axle? Will the diff be the same?
    I bet your cousin's car has the solid rear now. Most drag Cobra guys replace the independent suspension with that, because it launches better. Ask if you can have his old stuff and convert to the Cobra independent rear!

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote. View Post
      Holy crap! Why the hell didn't you get into Mustangs earlier, if he's your cousin! You've got a hell of a hook up there!

Doesn't the Cobra have an independent rear, whereas your car has a solid axle? Will the diff be the same?
      I bet your cousin's car has the solid rear now. Most drag Cobra guys replace the independent suspension with that, because it launches better. Ask if you can have his old stuff and convert to the Cobra independent rear!
      I think he still runs the independent, and I checked on a mustang forum, and everyone says it should not only work, but it's a very good setup, especially with the Moser 31 splines.

Yeah, Peg and Jim Hauf, Peg is my father's sister, Jim married Peg, had Mike, and a legendary drag racer is born, haha.
      "Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary... that's what gets you." Jeremy Clarkson

You're not JDM until you have a car built in ohio with tons of bolt ons from ebay.

Comment

nice mang someone gonna be up there

Comment

Moostangs.
          14 Ford Focus ST - stock(ish) - E30 Tune + Green Filter =

Comment

You know... I want a Moostang! Get an old Mustang, donk it, and replace the horses with moosen. Many much moosen.

Comment

Uh, when you say "donk it" this isn't what you had in mind, was it?

Comment

More like this...

That could DEFINITELY be called a Moostang!

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote. View Post
                  More like this...

That could DEFINITELY be called a Moostang!
                  you caught me!! I was actually going to do THAT to my car... Damn.

Should have known I couldn't sneak it by cb7tuner.

I just requested Monday off from work so I can install my friends K and N in the mustang after school... Happy face.

Comment

Working...
                  X