Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gemini View Post
    I hate them both
    to each is own my friend,I tried it and i love it once you get used to it.

Comment

Originally posted by SoySauceCb7 View Post
      i had a chance to test drive the ion redline on an autox track as well as on road. The car is a joke. one word..plastic. The cobalt SS is a much nicer ride and quality of build. still not my cup of tea
      did you feel any kind of burst of speed and were there any upgrades for it whatsoever?

Comment

Originally posted by colslaw87 View Post
        Cheap! meaning poor materials, poorly built. The engine might be solid, but why pay for half a car
        my boy owns a cobalt ss it has its ups and downs but overall even though im not a fan of coupes its a really a nice car

Comment

Originally posted by br0nx finest View Post
          I think those cars are junk. Just get yourself something 'import-made' that has decent power, and manual transmission. I'd rather take an N/A stock Accord 5speed, than a POS 'american tuner car' that would be worthless after the warranty expires.
          I did like 3 times already as far as the accord thing. I dunno mang i just had to be different i just had to be different even though the darkside of importstuff it kinda feels good to be the anti-hero at times.

Everyone has their different taste for things this year. Import owners goin with american muscle import owners goin german, american owners goin import.

Comment

If you think you know how to drive a stick shift, try driving a Saturn 5 speed. I've only driven the Red line once about 2 years ago, but if it's anything like the Saturn Ion's 5 speed it is junk.

Comment

I sold my cb and bought a cobalt. Im getting rid of it and the end of the month and getting back into a cb.
              Its just me

Comment

i test drove the cobalt SS, okay car, not as quick as i thought it would be, interior is nice and sporty though..
                then i test drove a Saab 93, quicker then i thought it would be, handling was nicer/surprisingly stiffer then the cobalt, interior was nice, not flashy.. i like the Saab alot better.

two gm cars i'd got with a RSX or a 4 door Civic SI, lol.

oh yeh.. never bothered to check out the redline..
                -:¦:-
                Originally posted by wed3k
                i rep cb7tuner all day, everyday. people say, "fuck y0 honda." and i say, "bitch, please."

Comment

I drove a Redline at the dealership when they first came out. I hated it. Too much windnoise, lack of power, YES it has plastic panels. Your insurance won't be too high since it's all plastic. Never expose it to a heat gun or you'll have a gaping hole and pretty much have to buy a new panel.

Oh and about that leaky sunroof....if GM admitted MOST CHEVY'S have leaky sunroofs, then they KNOW they are making a substandard piece of monkey shit. I've only owned two F-body Camaros, the ones I had were great. Of course, they had motors that were built, aftermarket.

Just get a Corolla-S and be done with it.
                  VIP Status.

Comment

GM haters.....HATE HATE HATE

Comment

Originally posted by sackingz123 View Post
                      GM haters.....HATE HATE HATE
                      lol i want a GTO! .. not a damn cobalt!
                      -:¦:-
                      Originally posted by wed3k
                      i rep cb7tuner all day, everyday. people say, "fuck y0 honda." and i say, "bitch, please."

Comment

oh shit son a buddy of mine had a cobalt ss when i was ststioned @ Ft. Polk man i loved that car almost traded my car for it i liked it so much. old vid from back in the day my cars 4th cobalt 5th. talked him in to a intake and muffler.
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dt8SCIFaf7M
                        Last edited by benjerman112; 11-14-2008, 04:23 PM.
                        Freedom Is Not Free
                        U.S Army 02/08 Medically Discharged

Comment

Originally posted by Joshs92ex View Post
                          He's had his sunroof replaced twice already.
                          He went back a few days ago, and they refused to fix it again (even though it's still under warranty).
                          He's called GM several times, and they said most Chevrolet cars have leaky sunroofs and that they'd go into debt replacing all the sunroofs.
                          So, he hired a lawyer yesterday... we'll see how far that gets him.
                          Lemon Law that mofo!!!

GM are a bunch of fucktards...I know my dad use to work for em for long time...Good thing he talked to his lawyer he will need the lawyer w/ GM. They will try to fuck you in every hole you have!!!
                          R.I.P Rex 10/10/97-08/06/09
                          There aren’t enough words in this world to say how much you will be missed. love you buddy!

Comment

Originally posted by flcb7 View Post
                            Lemon Law that mofo!!!

GM are a bunch of fucktards...I know my dad use to work for em for long time...Good thing he talked to his lawyer he will need the lawyer w/ GM. They will try to fuck you in every hole you have!!!

I heard some of them dealerships have good lawyers. Alot of times When i go to the dealership for service i tell it to em like this either we do it my way or we can take it to court.

After that they never fucked with me. I always speak to my boy who does parts and service and the maintenance and they get my car fixed for free. But i heard other delaerships are brutal. I think the main reason they fix my car for free is to just snoop around or go peelin down the block when im not there just stuntint in my shit on the low. Then when they are done tehy put it back like okay his cars good like it never happened.

Comment

from another car forum

Faster than a lot of cars you wouldn't expect...around VIR's full course that is. Car and Driver did their annual Lightning Lap where they bring out a large array of cars and try to do the fastest lap they can around VIR to test their true all around speed. One thing to note though, the tests were all done on stock alignments, stock tires, and manufacturer recommended tire pressures.

Below is a list for the Cobalt and below it what it beat around VIR...and there are some heavy hitters in that group. This further confirms that the Cobalt SS is the real deal, if only the car wasn't American with it's wonderful build quality and amazing looks. When will the Japanese manufacturers step up to the plate?

LL1 CHEVROLET COBALT SS TURBOCHARGED 3:13.0
                              LL2 MITSUBISHI LANCER EVOLUTION MR 3:13.3
                              LL2 BMW 135i 3:13.7
                              LL2 LEXUS IS F 3:14.0
                              LL2 AUDI S5 3:14.6
                              LL2 HONDA S2000 CR 3:15.0
                              LL2 DODGE CHALLENGER SRT8 3:16.3
                              LL2 LOTUS ELISE SC 3:16.6
                              LL2 INFINITI G37 SPORT 3:17.5
                              LL2 SUBARU IMPREZA WRX STI 3:19.0
                              LL1 DODGE CALIBER SRT4 3:20.8
                              LL2 VOLKSWAGEN R32 3:21.8
                              LL2 HONDA CIVIC MUGEN Si 3:24.8
                              LL1 VOLVO C30 T5 VERSION 2.0 3:26.6

Full Story: http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/...p_2008_feature

Full Results Chart: Scroll down to bottom of first page for Downloads: Results Chart

no
                              Accord turbo kit under $2k here
                              $30 HID kits here Thread
                              "What a selfish bitch. She looks like one too. A smart-mouthed, facebook-ing, "i dont know if im straight, bi or *** yet" little brat." -greencb7inkc
                              "No Herra Frush, Slammed, tucked or frame dragging here. I'll leave that to the mini trucks...." -fishdonotbounce

Comment

edit edit!!
                                I blame the driver.

CAR_________________LAP_TIME_CLASS__MY___BASE____TESTED__HP__TRANS_______LBS_____MPH____DATE________TIRE_MAKE_AND_MODEL__________FRONT__________REAR

Lotus_Elise___________03:09.2___LL2____2006__$43,915_$53,910__190__6-sp_man___1980____119.5__8/9/2006______Yokohama_Advan_A048_________195/50R-16_84W__225/45R-17_90W
                                Chevrolet_Cobalt_SS___03:13.0___LL1____2008__$22,995_$23,785__260__5-sp_man___2909____126.9__7/24/2008______Continental_SportContact2_____225/40R-18_92Y__225/40R-18_92Y
                                Lotus_Elise_SC________03:16.6___LL2____2008__$55,425_$58,020__218__6-sp_man___2029____124.1__7/24/2008______Yokohama_Advan_Neova_AD07__175/55R-16_80W__225/45R-17_91W
                                Last edited by PowderedMilkMan; 11-14-2008, 06:23 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X