my friend just bought an awesome cb7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my friend just bought an awesome cb7

my friend, who used to be in my car club and drives this grand am (corvette brakes, carbon fiber hood, trunk, and b-pillars, and nitrous)

either just bought or is still in the process of buying a cb7, and its REALLY rare. its a DX coupe, 5spd, and RED (like gdout's car, not a maroon at all). it has 183k miles, quarter rust, a smashed fender and a bad clutch but other than that the car is CLEAN!

i'm just happy for him, so i decided to make a thread. he's on other forums so im going to try to get him on here.

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
    Originally posted by Stephen Fry
    'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
    Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Originally posted by steelbluesleepR View Post
    and its REALLY rare.
    A 5 speed dx that is repainted is rare these days?

Comment

Originally posted by ChIoVnIdCa View Post
      A 5 speed dx that is repainted is rare these days?

DX=

I spoiled myself. I couldn't go without power windows again. and i love my sunroof

Comment

I wondered that myself. What makes your friend's DX rare?

Comment

Rare like this.

Red on the out side. All black and gray in the inside. Only made for the coupe dx.

Last edited by jimy; 11-12-2008, 01:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jimy View Post
            Rare like this.

Red on the out side. All black and gray in the inside. Only made for the coupe dx.

you got it! OEM red is a REALLY rare color for 4th gens (i've only seen one other red cb in person), so is a coupe that isnt an EX or an auto (or both). i told him that if he ever wants to sell it, i want it for my track car

'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry

Comment

I like the pontiac more.
              "This truck is 100% sh*ts and giggles."
              "Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary... that's what gets you." Jeremy Clarkson

You're not JDM until you have a car built in ohio with tons of bolt ons from ebay.
              Disregard females, acquire currency
              BUS 62 AIN'T F'ING AROUND!

Comment

Originally posted by turbomaxx View Post
                I like the pontiac more.
                he still has it, the cb is his "beater" for when he is doing motor work on his grand-am.

Comment

I have a 91 DX 5spd coupe in phoenix red. Has OEM black/gray interior.

Hit me in like 3 years if you're interested in purchasing it. It will be in running condition and Cisco maintained with suspension mods, short shifter, short-ram intake, kamikaze header and 2.5" exhaust system. It'll also have a stock F22a4 motor with fully reconditioned cylinder head. Probably will be selling it for no more than $1500 at that point.
                  HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

there is a BEAT Up red dx coupe 5 speed in my school parking lot

Comment

Pheonix red is uncommon, but not exactly rare. It's just that it ONLY came on 91 DX coupes. It's not like white, that spanned all 4 years of the generation.

It's a nice color, honestly. Makes it look pretty sporty.

Also, DX coupes are awesome The DX is the lightest of the CB7s, and with just 2 doors, there's no real need for power stuff. I had a 92 DX coupe, and I didn't miss my power locks and windows at all. In fact, I prefer the manual windows... less to break!

And that Grand Am is pretty badass. It's funny... the first thing anyone ever does (if they know what they're doing) with Pontiacs is upgrade the brakes! I upgraded the brakes to larger rotors on my Grand Prix when I had it... the first thing I did. Oddly enough, Grand Am brakes are actually an upgrade for the Grand Prix. If your friend still has his old stuff, calipers anyway, he could sell them to a 97-03 Grand Prix enthusiast.

Sucks they're all automatic and FWD. That takes away half the fun!

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote. View Post
                        Pheonix red is uncommon, but not exactly rare. It's just that it ONLY came on 91 DX coupes. It's not like white, that spanned all 4 years of the generation.
                        9091 is the year that those color combo comes in. Mines a 90 DX.

Its really tuff to find it in this color. Every where you turn, its every other color except for this bright red. People would ask, did you paint it red?

Comment

Originally posted by HondaFan81 View Post
                          I have a 91 DX 5spd coupe in phoenix red. Has OEM black/gray interior.

Hit me in like 3 years if you're interested in purchasing it. It will be in running condition and Cisco maintained with suspension mods, short shifter, short-ram intake, kamikaze header and 2.5" exhaust system. It'll also have a stock F22a4 motor with fully reconditioned cylinder head. Probably will be selling it for no more than $1500 at that point.
                          that would be cool man, but i want to build it for the road course that is going in less than 20 miles from me as well as for auto-x so i want it cheap. it doesnt even have to have an engine or interior as it will have no stock interior and i'm already planning/gathering for the engine build.

Comment

I wouldnt mind a DX accord for track use. Really dont need power steering or power accessories when your on the track.

The New-ish Ride
                            My old Ride
                            Hear my Vtak!!!
                            MK3 Member #3
                            I piss off people for fun.
                            IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Originally posted by jimy View Post
                              9091 is the year that those color combo comes in. Mines a 90 DX.

Its really tuff to find it in this color. Every where you turn, its every other color except for this bright red. People would ask, did you paint it red?
                              Ok, cool. I've only noticed 91s!

So yeah, it was made in 2 years then.

Of course, the sedans were more popular than the coupes, and the LX was the most popular trim.

The Pheonix Red DX isn't all that rare, but it is certainly one of the less common. Same with the... crap... was it Solaris Silver SE? The one with the black leather interior. Those are equally uncommon, if not more so.

Comment

Working...
                              X