UTI any thoughts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UTI any thoughts?

I checked out their website I like the collision repair of it, how ever im not sure if its a good career? I dont want to get trained in something that wont get me paid crap. I'd like to make at or near 45K+ a year but Im not sure if Ill make that. Any thoughts

Originally posted by 10thcb7 View Post
    I checked out their website I like the collision repair of it, how ever im not sure if its a good career? I dont want to get trained in something that wont get me paid crap. I'd like to make at or near 45K+ a year but Im not sure if Ill make that. Any thoughts
    Have you considered going to a body shop and asking?
    2003 Maxima SE Titanium Edition
    Polished Titanium ext, heated black leather int, heated leather steering wheel, HIDs, 255bhp, 6 speed, 15% tint.
    1993 Suzuki GSX1100F 136bhp

Comment

my brother is thinking about going to this. ill ask him more info later

Comment

SteveB that is like the best fr4eaking idea. Althought they'll probably be like who is that and what certigficate is it. Thanks for your response

Comment

UTI is well known. However, the education alone isn't all you need. You need the ability to do the work properly. If you're no good, you won't make money. If you're good, you'll make a lot of money. Good body guys can make a killing... The best ones, and the smartest ones, open their own shop.

Comment

I was plannin on goin to UTI. I was going for the automotive with nissan program which cost $29,000. Decided to not go and just go to a community college n learn the same thing for $4,500.

alone in this game . ::My Ride My Way::

Comment

A lot of money for careers that dont pay nearley as much as they claim.

Yeah, sure you can be a cert. tech for Porsche or Benz or whatever. But have fun finding that position open.

Claire - '92 Mercedes-Benz 500E - AMG&Bilstein Treatment - The Wolf in Sheep's clothing.

Alice - '97 BMW 540i6 - Dinan Tuned. - Low Profile Weekend Warrior.

Felicia - '11 Ford Fusion - Luxury Package - Daily.. daily.. ugh.

Originally posted by JoshM
              Okay to do: "I'm sorry I broke your mailbox, here's $100.
              NOT okay to do: "I'm sorry I fucked your sister, here's $100.

Comment

Not worth it. The industry just doesn't pay enough. You are better off getting you hat in the door on the diesel side.

Comment

UTI = waste of money

there is one here and its just an overcharged degree you can get at any other school. dont waste your time or money

no
                  Accord turbo kit under $2k here
                  $30 HID kits here Thread
                  "What a selfish bitch. She looks like one too. A smart-mouthed, facebook-ing, "i dont know if im straight, bi or *** yet" little brat." -greencb7inkc
                  "No Herra Frush, Slammed, tucked or frame dragging here. I'll leave that to the mini trucks...." -fishdonotbounce

Comment

I went to uti and I also took the bmw fasttrack program and now I work at a bmw dealer and a certified tech , also last year I made about 40-45k its an okay school you use all the latest technology in the automotive industry but I paid 28k for it thats the only down fall I think its like 24-28k now if you really dont know anything about cars and want to learn and will finish all the courses do it if you want but looking back to it I wouldnt of gone for that price

Comment

Don't bother with the advice anymore. He's not coming back.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote. View Post
                        Don't bother with the advice anymore. He's not coming back.
                        good riddance...i couldn't stand him.

Comment

Antibiotics will clear it right up...... JK in all seriousness i worked as a apprentice at a body shop one summer, basically doing bitch work like washing cars, replacing bumpers and cracked headlights and prepping stuff to be painted. Most bodymen get payed well, but like anything else you get paid for how hard you work.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralphie View Post
                            good riddance...i couldn't stand him.
                            Please keep your opinions quiet. Regardless of the reason for the ban, flaming is flaming.

Comment

technical schools are a waste of cash.

Im paying $24,000 just for a simple associates degree in automotive. one I couldve gotten in a regular college for alot less.

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
                              01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
                              93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
                              93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

Working...
                              X