No announcement yet.

soo...what got you hooked on CB7's?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well one reason is that the car I had (90 dodge shadow) was falling apart and I had to find another car.

The other reason is due to one of my buddies who has a 89 lxi and is totally shaved, dropped, a beau-t-i-ful paint job, and at the time it has some momo's on it (not sure what he has now). I'll try and get some pics of his car soon.
    R.I.P. Molly, you will be missed. Only 16 and your life taken away from an irresponsible driver. (10/14/08)

Sold to: Boost_Lee | Cby0 | CB710AE | CB7lx91 | Davids92Accord | Driftspec310 | F22HB | sunburn | Wed3k

Comment

Originally posted by Kanibus
      haha, yeah man i'm down with you.. see that white stuff in the background? thats snow.. and we get a lot of it where I come from. Snow and Winter are the only things stopping me from getting rims and a drop. I am being forced to wait until spring. Oh well, you know what they say, waiting makes it all worthwhile...
      Me too bro, Rota's are coming as soon as the snow and rain shit is gone. It's gonna be a good summer. Of course, now while I can't work outside I stay holed up with my engine!
      -Jay

Comment

When i graduated HS in 92, my friend got a 92 coupe, it was bad ass, I wanted one also, but no luck in 92. So I had the chance to pick up my 93 ex 5 speed coupe with 100,000 miles for 2800 3 years ago, so jumped on it!
        OLD GUY CREW #1

BDC #4

93 EX coupe 5 speed

Comment

The realization that my 240SX was junk.

Comment

car was originally a hand me down.. but i became much closer to my baby as the days progressed

hmm.. maybe its time to give her a name..

whoo! finally an official cb7tuner member!

Comment

i was in the same position as you
              my car as i have right now started as my family's car back in 93 my parent's
              decided that after we were settled in and my parents had good paying jobs that they needed another commuter car after the 1st gen prelude **(sigh i'll miss) so in 93 my parents went carshopping and found my car almost 90 thousand miles!(think they got ripped off but ah well if it wasn't for that i wouldn't have my car)they wanted a se but was too expensive was like 1,500 more and well they bought my car from the dealership , and after that i have seen good times and bad times with my car i will cherish my car and hopefuly not have to buy another soon, as of right now my car is battling rust and age like most cars and winning as of this spring/summer it will be powered by a JDM H22 this has been the best learning 1yr and a half i've been driving my car, and it is a shame people don't think that way about me and my cb7 since they are all rednecks that drive trunks and chew 2x keyed car and whatever they do next will not bring me down as to they are jealous of my car but i'm still goin'

p.s. and well this may seem kinda weird but i feel like it is a younger brother to me
              <

(129)Transactions and counting

Comment

I don't know, I guess its the combination of actually working for Honda and owning my own CB7, but 4th gen Accords have just kinda grown into being one of my all-time favorite cars.
                00 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.7 V8 4X4

92 Honda Accord LX

95 Honda Civic CX

Comment

Back in high school, all my friends were getting civics, integras and 2 of my friends wound up getting '92 preludes, so during my junior year when i had the cash to get a car, i went to this used Honda/Acura only dealership and saw 5 CB7's all lined up in a row like it was a beauty contest. They had a black, white, green, and 2 maroon, all with cherry interiors and nice outsides. The white '91 EX coupe was the winner in my book.
                  I love the whole wide set, low and long look to cars.... i hate the "bubbly" design new cars are coming out as.

Comment

Originally posted by accordtunerx
                    damn, thanks man... it's cool to know that i inspired someone to purchase a car, especially a cb7

well for me... i remember about 3 years ago in Virginia... i was cruisin' around town with my dad and a bunch of ads from autotrader in my hand... all of the cars were in the same area we were in. so i think i test drove about 3 or 4 cars that day... all honda civics lol... and then we were about to call it a day and go home... and i took a look at my 92 accord EX coupe ad...

so we went and checked that car out... and i had no idea as to what could be done to the car... i just loved the way that it looked... 2 door... nice color... sunroof... the sleek body style. i remember driving it too... with that f22a6 in there... my dad thought it was a v6 so the decent power also got me hooked that day. so i'd say that i got myself into 'cb7s', lol.. because i really had no previous information about them going into purchasing a car.

this website got me hooked on cb's i had my accord but was into tuning civics and making the hottest jdm civic until i ran across this site it was over from there

"Tucking tires and wires."
                    The Chronicles.

Comment

I always liked the look of the cb7' and i remember my brothers friend left a 3rd Gen on our driveway while he was outta town, so i took it for a spin and liked it, so i knew i liked accord but i didn't like the pop up headlights, so naturally i slid over to the 4th Gen's. i always liked the look of them.

other factors included the reliability, the "pimpiness" of an accord (nicer car then yer average civic) and the fact that i could smack around civics and shit. i test drove an early nineties integra and found it was about the same speed.

ended up with the accord
                      ~~~~~~~~~~1991 ExR alb F22a6~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Working...
                      X