Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My band is recording... here's a teaser for anyone that's interested

http://www.myspace.com/slingbladestudios

My band is The Parkway, for those that don't know.

My buddy Chris at Post Productions, who is now working in conjunction with Slingblade Studios (and Slingblade Records), is doing our recording this time around. It's still a quick "do it when we can" recording job, and we're not going crazy with it... but it sounds pretty damn good! Much of the singing has been redone, as it doesn't sound all that great on there. It's better now. I hadn't recorded any vocal work by the time this teaser was made, so I'm only playing bass there.

Also, this is before any mixing, so the levels aren't right, and things like vocals are still a bit thin.

I'm also playing bass for Astronomy... I was still hanging at the studio when Chris's friends came in to jam. They threw me on bass after a few beers. Everything was 100% improvised, even the vocals. It's nothing fantastic, but it was fun. We're going to continue with it a bit. They're more serious than I am. I'm more of the "whenever I can" bassist. Chris will play bass when I'm not there.

the vocals a little high for my taste but the rest of it sounds like something i would listen to every day

kinda reminds me of nofx

Comment

well nvm that last pm. doesnt sound bad at all

Comment

Originally posted by 93accordexcoupe View Post
        the vocals a little high for my taste but the rest of it sounds like something i would listen to every day

kinda reminds me of nofx
        Bob is 5'3... what do you expect? I plan on singing more... much more. I'm the exact opposite. I was actually much deeper than I expected when I heard my voice played back! On key, but a very deep tone... Kinda cool! I've never recorded my voice before. Last Tuesday was the first time. Took me about 6 takes, though it was basically all style that I was tweaking. I was expecting to be off key like crazy.

Comment

i think with a deeper voice in there it is going to sound awesome. keep up dooood

Comment

Sounds good to me. Now im going tolisten to some alkaline trio

Comment

on the vocal i would prefer a deeper voice. BUT if the guy that's singing has a powerful voice then he can pull it off but only IF he has that strong voice for that song because his voice is really soft and not strong enough in my opinion. The band itself is awesome, I can't play the piano so big ups hahahaaa. Do it big homie!! I'm rooting for you guys. I love music

Originally posted by Juice21
              thnx pimpette, your car inspired me to go lower
              Originally posted by GameChewer
              Shiit i heard that, you heard the queen!

Comment

nice man =D

Ride: 2002 Lexus IS300

Comment

I will check for this. I am recording an album too, only in my room. I also play the bass

Originally posted by lordoja
                  im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Working...
                  X