X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm kinda in an Ethical Dilemma...

...I want some opinions...

I have the box/with paperwork from my old JL AUDIO 300/4 Amlifier that I had listed on ebay. It has sold a few times for $5. User didnt pay, so I filed a dispute, then relisted. Then it sold for $50. Buyer read the auction after winning the bid, and then sent me an email saying that they realized that there is NO amp, and will not pay. I filed a dispute and re-listed it again... Now this time it sold for 102.50 and in the auction I put another note saying "NOTE: There is NO amplifier in the box." I know the user DID NOT read the description, and just paid me this morning. This is my dilemma. Do I ship the item because I didnt hide anything, and the user won and paid for the auction, or do I just call them an idiot and refund... I know when they get it, they will READ the auction, and file a dispute with paypal. I will win, because I am not hiding anything... I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MESO:IT&ih=014
    Last edited by CustomLowz; 11-01-2008, 03:56 PM.

dont refund anything. they should have read the entire auction. if you have "NOTE: there is not amp." then its the buyer's fault for not reading the whole description.

its like if i was selling a box that read "JDM stuff" on it and said it had JDM stuff in it and someone bought it thinking it had some parts for their civic and tried to file a dispute to get their money back they would lose. they should have read the entire description and they would have seen "contains ONLY JDM candy."

keep your money. ship the item off. be happy

Comment

it is the buyers responsibility to READ THE AUCTION IN ITS ENTIRITY. if you know that you put all the applicable information and were honest about the transaction on your part, then send away! if they don't like it, then they shouldnt buy things on the net!

Comment

not trying to be an ass or anything, but, ummmm whats the point of selling a box with paperwork on ebay?

Comment

a $100 bux aint easy to come by nowadays. probably some kid that got excited about the price and din't read the listing. would suck to just get a box. i would refund him, list the box with a buy now $10 shipped or something can we see the link to the sale?

Comment

Originally posted by Sobeman81 View Post
            not trying to be an ass or anything, but, ummmm whats the point of selling a box with paperwork on ebay?
            Someone with that amp and an appreciation will buy it to make there amp more attractive/collectable.

CL - Keep your money brother. They should have read the whole thing. I do. If they're going to look at the ad (which I assume did not have any pics of the amp that isn't being sold, just pics of the box and paperwork?) and bid on it, that's their problem. You didn't try to mislead them, they assumed something incorrectly.

Comment

Matt,

Post the link of the Ebay ad...
              RETIRED...

Comment

i agree post the link, but im thinking, keep the money and consider him an idiot. though he may leave you bad feedback.

why would you sell just the box, though?
                Last edited by cp[mike]; 11-01-2008, 10:09 AM.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
                - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
                - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
                - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
                - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
                - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
                Current cars:
                - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
                - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

lol the feedback thing is true. although he would be the idiot for buying a box for $100, he can still leave you negative feedback which could ruin your name and future sales. and the downside is that you cant even leave him negative back as well.

tough decision, if it were me id refund bc i am a seller and i need my reputation to keep selling.

FS: OEM Fuel Filter, ES Tie Rod Boots, Chrome Bulbs

Comment

http://cgi.ebay.com/JL-AUDIO-300-4-A...QQcmdZViewItem
                    after reading it, keep the money. your feedback is not 100% anyways

Comment

x2. keep the money. if he files a dispute, you will win.

FS: OEM Fuel Filter, ES Tie Rod Boots, Chrome Bulbs

Comment

maybe he wants the box to prove to his insurance company that he "really" had that amp when his car got broken in to or something

so that 100 box will get him 400+

Comment

Originally posted by lo_dit View Post
                          lol the feedback thing is true. although he would be the idiot for buying a box for $100, he can still leave you negative feedback which could ruin your name and future sales. and the downside is that you cant even leave him negative back as well.

tough decision, if it were me id refund bc i am a seller and i need my reputation to keep selling.
                          thats the thing about feedback. someone can leave you bad feedback but you can rebut it so it'll show on the feedback display. ive dealt with people and companies that have had negative feedback before. i look at all the negative feedback to see what it says. majority of the time it has an explanation about what happened.

in his case if negative feedback is left, if i were him id say "you should read the entire info about it. no just see the price and think its a good deal."

its the person's fault if he didnt read the entire description.

Comment

Some Factors to look at:

Yes I agree Matt about ethics here.

Ad listed and FULL DISCLOSURE was stated. Even "NO" was capitalized/emphasized.

2 bidders, with 1 Main Character.

108 views...

Quite obvious the 108 viewing Individuals fully read the description!

Although you have done nothing wrong as a Seller, there is a possibility of getting a negative feedback for this Auction.

However, again, nothing was done wrong on your part.

I guess it all boils done to a "Conscience" thing. Do what YOU feel is and would be the right thing to do.

Trev...
                            RETIRED...

Comment

you have to be real dumb to not see that the box is empty, it says it like 4 times

Comment

Working...
                              X