Criminal Justice book - books, tips, ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Criminal Justice book - books, tips, ideas

So, I'm looking into becoming a PA State Trooper in the next year or two. Could someone suggest a book about Criminal Justice that i could read through to study? Any book that you think would be beneficial to a career in law enforcement, please let me know.
    My Car
    FREE Web hosting solutions

I don't know any good books... but as a future marriage counselor, let me warn you... cops have a very high divorce rate. If time and stress can cause a strain on your relationship, I would think very hard about that decision. It's very honorable, and I have the highest respect for law enforcement officers of all kinds... but still.

Comment

I contacted my local trooper academy and got materials straight from them.
      It was mainly just pamphlets, small booklets, etc, but it was good info.

There should also be plenty of info on here:
      http://www.psp.state.pa.us/
      and also at local libraries.

1999 BMW M3
      2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
      2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
      2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

that's the problem. I'm in Japan I'm looking to buy books online i think.
        My Car

Comment

Originally posted by mchaley View Post
          that's the problem. I'm in Japan I'm looking to buy books online i think.
          Ohhhhhhhhhhh, forgot about that little factoid.

PM MadSpleen, maybe he has some tips and advice.

1999 BMW M3
          2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
          2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
          2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

That's true. If anyone knows about becoming a cop, it would be him!

Comment

good call.
              My Car

Comment

i am a criminal justice major and last semester they had us read Introduction to Criminal Justice 11th ED by Siegel and Senna and The Police in America 6th ED by Walker and Katz.They are really great books and I learned a lot from them.<3
                herwhitecb7 is now red <3 (fuck thieves)

Comment

Originally posted by mchaley View Post
                  So, I'm looking into becoming a PA State Trooper in the next year or two. Could someone suggest a book about Criminal Justice that i could read through to study? Any book that you think would be beneficial to a career in law enforcement, please let me know.
                  I think Val probably has some from last semester, i can ask her.

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

Awesome. I'd like to buy a few and study them while I'm here. If I hate reading the books, it's not for me. If I love them.... ..... ..... it's for me :P

Eric, if Val has any that she wants to sell, let me know. I'm not sure exactly what the curriculum is for PA State Troopers or my future goals. Anywhere is a start at this point.
                    My Car

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote. View Post
                      I don't know any good books... but as a future marriage counselor, let me warn you... cops have a very high divorce rate. If time and stress can cause a strain on your relationship, I would think very hard about that decision. It's very honorable, and I have the highest respect for law enforcement officers of all kinds... but still.
                      deever im glad you do ... im glad you do .... cuz i really dont

Comment

Originally posted by 93EXaesthetic View Post
                        deever im glad you do ... im glad you do .... cuz i really dont
                        congrats
                        My Car

Comment

Any titles or books for sale or anything?
                          My Car

Comment

Working...
                          X