my new ride

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my new ride

So this has been my new ride since the summer - Specialized Allez Double. The cb7 is still there The bike has put me into shape and Im probably going to enter a race of some kind when a new season picks up. Most of us rode bikes as kids and its a great feeling getting on one after a long break. Just as with cars, i already made some changes to it. Converted from 8 to 9 speed and new shimano ultegra shifters. next will come a new wheel set. As of now the bike weight is even 20lbs and it will drop with a new wheel set. Coming from a mountain bike, the feel of a road bike blew me away. Light, very quick and efficient and just makes you want to ride. Anybody else into road biking or any other biking?

The CB9 has been reborn into a CB3
    Members Ride - see my cb3 here - DOHC powah
    Check out my JDM F22B swap
    Watch my CB7 video

nice. looks awesome. i've been thinking bout getting a smaller BMX style bike to ride around on for the summer. hasn't happened yet.

Comment

BMX baby!!!! I've always been in to bmx bikes. I trashed the last one I had a year ago. I had that thing for like two years and finally it fell appart on my when I was riding a ditch
      then I picked up skateboarding, thinking of snow boarding while it's in season but it's expensive as hell for the equipment

man I want to ride again

Comment

i started out with bmx too. I loved it. Then moved to mountain bikes and now road bikes. Got to love the speed cursing at about 20mph or flying down a hill at 35+mph lol.
        Watch my CB7 video

Comment

little green men holding your bike up? wtf
          Current 2016 Ford F150 XLT Sport
          Past 1990 Accord EX Sedan
          Past 1990 Accord LX Sedan
          Past 1991 Accord LX Sedan
          Past 1993 Accord LX Wagon
          Current 1991 Accord EX Wagon

Comment

Nice Pete! I want one!

I have a mountain bike that I've had since I was 18. The rear wheel is dented, rear brakes suck, and it's in pretty bad shape. My friend just gave me another bike, but I haven't ridden it yet.

I'd love to try a road bike. I have some friends that ride them, but they're so damn expensive! I've always been a bike rider, though... rode until I was 19 before I got my license. Went from western NJ to the shore once.

Comment

Wow. Thats like a 1000 dollar bike.

Comment

Very nice, specialized makes some nice bikes. Do you commute with that bike? I just use a cheap $180 Schwinn road bike to go to school and back which saves a lot of gas. I want to get a Specialized or a Trek after I graduate and have a little more money.

Comment

I rode my mountain bike on the streets. I actually never took it on trails! I used my old Huffy wannabe-BMX bike for trails Did some crazy stuff, too... even rode down a hill on my back tire with my nads once. Unintentionally, of course.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote. View Post
                    even rode down a hill on my back tire with my nads once. Unintentionally, of course.
                    sig material

Comment

Thanks mike! The bike is definetlly great and feels a lot different than a mountain bike. Right before i got the road bike i had a giant mountain bike which was great too but unfortunetaly there is not many trails around philly. If i was in the mountains it would have been a different story. Was the trip to the shore you did an organized one or something you did on your own? I know that every summer they do the ms ride from cherry hill to ocean city and i plan on doing it,

and yea after the drivetrain upgrades and the new wheel set thats coming up the bike will have cost me about 1300 bucks which is pretty decent compared to other bikes and money we spend on our dear cb7s. I would love to have one of those full carbon bikes that weigh under 15lbs but you need to shell out about 3k for those. My frame is a combo of aluminium and hour glass and the fork with the seat post are carbon.

i also tried a trek before i got this bike and fit me a lot better was a better price and looked more sexy haha. As far as the road bike the hardest part of getting used to was the location of the shiftes and break hoods and the clipless pedals.
                      Watch my CB7 video

Comment

Ive got a specialized rockhopper mtn bike. I love it! spent about $500 on it, and its totally worth it. I think Ill get a road bike next.

Sold, but not forgotten.

Comment

My trip was all by myself. Took me 5 hours. Stopped to call my mom at a payphone (this was 1997), and she met me about halfway with some food and drink. My aunt had a trailer near Ocean City, so I ended up there. Never slept so sound in my life!

Comment

Working...
                          X