Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So I just took my dog to the hospital...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So I just took my dog to the hospital...

He broke a nail the other day. Doesn't sound serious, but it broke really close to the toe.

The little guy was bleeding all over the place (all over my new furniture!) I washed it good, wrapped it in a clean sock, and put pressure on it. Sat with him for an hour like that watching TV.

The bleeding stopped, but the nail is still hanging there. He can walk alright, though he's not very happy doing so. He's constantly licking it as well (which may be more of a concern... always being wet)

So, today being the first day I've been free, I took him to the vet. Their walk-in hours changed to the evening, so I had to make an appointment. After the doctor took a look, she said I could leave him there, and they'd call me this evening when he was all fixed up.

Turns out it's going to be minor surgery

I know this place, and I have full faith that they're going to fix my pup up good. It's going to cost an arm and a leg, though! I expected about $100 for the checkup and shots that he needs, but now it's probably going to be closer to $500 Worth it, to have my Petey healthy again... but man...

sucks bro
    hope he gets better.

Comment

Thanks man,

I've already turned around and called him twice since I got home. I keep forgetting he's not here! I miss my pup already

Comment

i hope he gets better! man

Ride: 2002 Lexus IS300

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote. View Post
          Thanks man,

I've already turned around and called him twice since I got home. I keep forgetting he's not here! I miss my pup already
          good luck w/ everything

Call the vet and ask for them to put him on the phone... If he is out of surgery at that time. They may think you are a little odd though

Comment

well atleast they can patch him up!

i would easily pay 500 bucks to have my dog healthy. dogs nails are apparently really sensitive close to their foot though.

Comment

Yeah. When I saw him bleeding, it really scared me. He thought I was mad at him! I didn't know what was wrong, though. I thought be broke a toe.

Comment

for future reference, cinnamon will stop the bleeding of a dogs nails.

Comment

I've heard sulphur. Never heard cinnamon before. Cool! I'll have to keep that in mind Thanks Ben.

Comment

Man's best friend. You gotta do what you gotta do Deev, hope he gets better

Comment

Excuse me Mr. Gote, but this belongs in the animal forum!!!

Hope he's doing OK.

Comment

I keep forgetting to delete that damn forum!

Comment

Sounds like the nail broke at the quick. They bleed like crazy!

Comment

what kind of doggy you have?

Comment

sorry man i know he will pull through ,it's hard with dogs you get attached to them ( or atleast I do ) , I lost my german shepard jo the 4th of sept , he past of old age , it still tears me up I expect him to be here 11 years is along time to have my best friend and to watch him waste away then have to bury him is just a little more then i can handle.

good luck
                              WE MISS YOU JO(9-04-2008)

Comment

Working...
                              X