And You Dont Stop 30 Years of Hip Hop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And You Dont Stop 30 Years of Hip Hop

Any one else watching this? i am a huge hip hop head i grew up in the south bronx what can i say? but what do you guys think about it if your watching it? i think its one of the best collections of the history of hip hop ever made very well built researched and delivered. if you guys havent seen it yet turn to VH1 they have been runing differnt parts of it this whole week or check out VH1.com

Peace

Ill have to check that out. Never knew about it

Comment

i like hip hop but thatshow isnt keeping my attention. i dont know i just aint feeling ol school.

Comment

someone record it, is it like the documentry scrtach?
        I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k
          someone record it, is it like the documentry scrtach?
          never heared of it

but its like a documentry showing all the major people and what they did that started hip hop and as it gose along it shows the people who changed it and show how it progressed and why

last nite i saw from when Def Jam started to when Pac and BIG got killed and then they gave a special on Free Styling

Comment

scratch is mainly about DJ'in.
            I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

watching it right now...good lookin'
              Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

biggie smallz is tha illest....i didnt have to watch the special to know that, lol

but i would like to see it, i missed it the first time around

Comment

its on RIGHT now...ice t called the sugarhill gang the "spice girls" of rap LMFAO!

I think in celebration of this we should all start rhyming our posts staaaaaartiiiiiiiiiing...NOW!

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

And as another night passes, it makes u feel like the masses
                    haven't even tried to clean off the glasses,
                    let alone polish, the black community gets demolished,
                    no matter how many degrees theres still another set of classes.
                    60 BP's, lined up in '63
                    fightin' the power to take down Sam permanently.
                    He ain't no relative, sheltered kids, the only thing we saw was whites gettin rich.
                    And every small glimmer of hope that would implore me, ended all gory or even sad stories.
                    Paved a glorious life before me, just get on the boat,
                    it wasn't my life that was fuckin' slavery set before me!
                    I finally understand the pain you see,
                    theres always the shit they leave OUT of history,
                    have you ever been looked at like misery?
                    Walk in and see purses get clutched tighter than ACT?
                    I always felt like Pac was speakin' directly to me,
                    he said he'd influence the mind that could spark
                    the unity.
                    Only problem is i'm like the panthers,
                    i ain't gonna do it so fuckin' lovingly.

I know all of my brothas understood me but so everybody understands...translation:
                    society still hasn't changed all that much and they need to open their eyes (clean off the glasses)
                    it doesn't matter how many classes you pass or degrees u make...your still black.
                    BP= black panther
                    Small glimmers of hope demolished = Malcom X, Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., and the 4 cops that beat Rodney King going on trial
                    Society set a path for us just like they did when they told us to get on the boat. "This is what we want u to do, you follow our rules and succumb to our culture"...would u follow you the boat again?

Comment

I finally understand the pain you see,
                      theres always the shit they leave OUT of history,
                      have you ever been looked at like misery?
                      Walk in and see purses get clutched tighter than ACT?

wow those are some of the best lines i have heared in a longggggg time and i unda stood it even tho i aint black but good lookin on the translation for everyone else.

us latinos get dat kind of treatment too man its fucking sad bro....

keep up those writin skillz ~1~

Comment

Saw that shit, pretty hott show. I liked the section on the beastie boys, they never get enough credit imho. coo, nonetheless.
                        My Member's Ride Thread, Comments Welcome!!!

Comment

Working...
                        X