book/manual idea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

book/manual idea

Alright so tonight im just sitting outside and im thinking about a haynes manual and well i had this brilliant idea that just popped into my head..
    Kinda like a performance/DIY manual for the CB7 community.
    Yea i know anybody could just hop on this website and get all the ideas but what about if someone was doing a task and wasn't able to access the internet, Like comprise a book/Manual out of pretty much every common DIY and such with detailed pictures and instructions on how to do certain tasks.. Like anything from motor swaps to tranny swaps down to like blackhoused headlights and such. Like with the help of members on here and the know how maybe this could possibly get done and say sold online or something? i know where i can copy everything to a PDF file and take it to get a book made out of it.. I dunno i just brain stormed and it hit me lol
    R.I.P. Landon Hilburn 06-27-08

Soon to enter the family.
    CG Coupe!

92 Accord EX Sedan (Newest project)

Members ride thread 92 EX Sedan
    Members ride thread old 91 LX Coupe

I think that's a great idea. The Hayne's or Chilton's show you how to do routine things, but, they don't show anything in terms of performance upgrardes or anything else.

I say, go for it!

Comment

Too much work and there is enough sources on this site already. IMO pointless and a waste of time on an older vehicle when everything from modification can be found on this site. Just sayin.

The New-ish Ride
      My old Ride
      Hear my Vtak!!!
      MK3 Member #3
      I piss off people for fun.
      IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Originally posted by NAiL05 View Post
        Too much work and there is enough sources on this site already. IMO pointless and a waste of time on an older vehicle when everything from modification can be found on this site. Just sayin.
        I guess you missed the part where he said for people who "weren't able to access the internet".
        Originally posted by deevergote.
        And please, for the love of God, type like a human being!

Comment

I had one in the works years ago. I had planned on selling it.
          Found an RX-7 book that was the inspiration. I figured if they can make a book based on the RX-7, granted, 3 generations of it... I could make one on the CB7!

It caused a bit of a stir, and at least one member started deleting all their old posts so i couldn't profit off of their ideas. Not like I was going to use anything witout permission anyway... but still.

Comment

I'd buy one definitely. I've seen those modification manuals in places like AutoZone or Advanced and they don't hardly get into anything in depth. It's all very basic stuff like: This is a gauge pod cluster, it can be used for many things. Body kits are a great way to improve the look of your ride. BLAH BLAH BLAH.

They don't tell you how to do the really neat stuff.
            Been a long time. Still alive...

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote. View Post
              I had one in the works years ago. I had planned on selling it.
              Found an RX-7 book that was the inspiration. I figured if they can make a book based on the RX-7, granted, 3 generations of it... I could make one on the CB7!

It caused a bit of a stir, and at least one member started deleting all their old posts so i couldn't profit off of their ideas. Not like I was going to use anything witout permission anyway... but still.
              yea same here like get everybodys permission and such.. I dunno i jsut think it may be a good idea

CG Coupe!

Comment

Originally posted by WilliamW View Post
                I'd buy one definitely. I've seen those modification manuals in places like AutoZone or Advanced and they don't hardly get into anything in depth. It's all very basic stuff like: This is a gauge pod cluster, it can be used for many things. Body kits are a great way to improve the look of your ride. BLAH BLAH BLAH.

They don't tell you how to do the really neat stuff.
                ahahah i saw those too, they are like, "this is how to rice out your ride"
                峠 で ドリフト を して 下さい。

steam linky facebook, y0 俺 は 走り屋 です。 clickable ^

Comment

Originally posted by ric3rboi23 View Post
                  ahahah i saw those too, they are like, "this is how to rice out your ride"
                  hahaha

CG Coupe!

Comment

Working...
                  X