How long will you keep your cb7?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How long will you keep your cb7?

just wondering how long everyone plans to keep theirs. i plan to keep mine until i car buy an RSX. probably late next year.
    -pax
    Seattle, WA

Kept it around 6-7 months. Loved it. Missing it. Moved on to another project and ensured a pimp honda was out there on the streets with my name on it..lol.

My Cardomain

Current Score: Cops - IV Me - V
    Quote of the moment: "The problems that exist in the world today cannot be solved by the level of thinking that created them."
    Albert Einstein (1879-1955)
    Simulation Racing Thread i.e. PC, PS2 & XBOX

Comment

I don't plan on going to any other car in the near future. but if something did happen to my car I'd keep it in the honda family. Proby just get another CB7 or 92-95 prelude
      ~~~~~~~

Comment

i'd like to keep mine for a while. i want to get another daily driver car when i graduate from pennstate, but keep the cb7. I want to pull this thing over 500k miles, but we'll see how that works out. I'd rather have an rsx or a tsx as a daily driver, but i want a project car. something I can pull the engine and not worry about. my cb7 would be a good project car I think.. I've got it all planned out..

de-stroking to the h22 crankshaft, highcompression pistons, new rods, reground camshaft, port/polish intake, head work, valve springs, turbo, and maybe even concider trying to throw a small shot of nas on there for kicks, h22 tranny, i want it to be a beast of an f22... I'd have stripped the car of all of the fancy stuff though, no p/s, no a/c ect.... all in good time..
        --JDM F22A--

JDM schmeDM, these lights are DIY-DM.

Comment

i hopefully plan to keep my cb7 for as long as humanly possible, i really want to make a name for the accord tuners at the track and at shows alike. i also plan to have a cb7 race/show car that is only driven in nice weather and a daily driver lightly modded cb7. i think the cb7 is one of the most underrated hondas as well as one of the most stylish cars if tweaked correctly.

-the epitomy of cleanliness in a car.

"Tucking tires and wires."
          The Chronicles.

Comment

I'm getting rid of mine when I move down to Austin, TX in June.

Comment

forever

Comment

i didnt do an engine swap .. and i'm not fixing the body all up again for nothing!

definitely keeping it for a long time! probably buy another car in 2-3 years but keep the 'cord too!
                Adam - Retired OG member from '03
                2010 Lexus IS-F : Starfire Pearl
                2009 Yamaha R1 Raven : Black on Black
                2002 Lexus IS300 : Crystal White Pearl / Black Leather

.. i HAD more shaved on my accord than your girl does on her entire body..

Comment

mine will probably last me through college and a few years after... if i do my 5 speed conversion, that is. then i'll probably buy another car on the side and use the 'cord as my daily driver. i've always loved the 5th gen preludes, and would probably buy one of those.

Comment

Never.

Even if it goes on blocks in the backyard, no one else will ever have this car.

Comment

What car(s) are you all planning on getting next in the future?

My next one will probably be a Lexus IS300 or Acura TL.

I almost bought an IS300 last year and was going to do payments, but wow I'm glad I kept the Accord forn ow.
                      Adam - Retired OG member from '03
                      2010 Lexus IS-F : Starfire Pearl
                      2009 Yamaha R1 Raven : Black on Black
                      2002 Lexus IS300 : Crystal White Pearl / Black Leather

.. i HAD more shaved on my accord than your girl does on her entire body..

Comment

keepin it at least until i can do something with it. i really want a 5spd but i dont know if its worth swapping or just buying a new cb7.

Click Here for My Member's Page | Free money for searching the web. Needs PayPal account

Comment

It's so cliche but 97-98 Supra Turbo Targa I just love them. I need to do my research on them tho. But I will own one, its just a matter of time.

I'm also hoping to eventually pick up a project car, I'm not so sure which way I want to go, but I've been looking at

- 1986 Audi 4000 CS Quattro
                          - 1973 Porsche 914 2.0
                          - 1968-74 Nova or 70-72 Chevelle

Comment

I will never sell it. I don't know if it will become a true daily driver while I have another project, or if it will BECOME the main project later on... Still, I will always keep it. The frame will have to rust out from underneath me for me to sell it!

Comment

just got 2 new axles and bushing for a stabilizer bar. among other things, the whooping total is 580 canadian. i guess ill be keeping it until the next shitty fucking repair bill.
                              1991 JDM Galant VR-4

Comment

Working...
                              X