Grassroots Motorsports $2008 challenge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grassroots Motorsports $2008 challenge

So we got a call over the weekend from a guy that needed some tuning done to his civic. He had told us that he was on a VERY tight budget and was more than likely going to need an ecu and a tune.

We were like...uh...tight budget doesn't cut it with us, especially with non members.

Well, the guy shows up with a civic on a dolly and starts to tell us that he's participating in the grassroots motorsports challenge. They're allowed to only spend $2008 for the entire project, including the car. There's gonna several stages to the challenge, which include show, drag racing and auto cross. I think theres more, but that's the gist of it.

Anyways, he comes to us with a chipped ecu that is fried. It throws a solid check engine light no matter what. So Jacob sells him his own chipped ecu for $75!! That is one HELL of a deal on perfectly working chipped ecu.

Great, he has a working ecu with a basemap. He then pulls out this HUGE sticker. Then he starts talking about how he can get more stickers made.

You could say I pretty much sponsored him. I went ahead and gave him a damn good tune for an exchange in giving us as much publicity as possible, including our mention in the magazine and getting some stickers for us.

This car RIPPED tho. A completely stock d15b7, 310cc injectors, complete ebay turbo system @ 8psi and some pretty neat exterior mods. It gets no real traction until 3rd ON DOT SLICKS.

Here are the pics

before putting on wastegate dumptube

you can kinda see the side exhaust here

He was trying to do the mad max theme, which explains constitutes of the side exhaust, the pipes coming through the hood and the wing. Its justs for show, he will remove when racing

Anyways, just wanted to share. Jacob and I might head up there on Friday to check out the event.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

nice photoshop advertisement. Need vid of how it sounds dumping in those pipes. And his side exhaust looks really small
    ~Nick~
    FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
    MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

That's a real sticker...

Comment

$2008 INCLUDING the cost of the car? How the hell do you do that? DOT slicks alone (unless they're seriously used) will run a couple hundred at the very least... The car was green, so it was painted that red and black... The red is pretty nice, so that's no spraycan job. Even if he can spray, the paint ain't cheap! And then the ebay turbo kit... was it new? Even a crappy one would chew up $1000 at the very least!

That's about $2000 in mods. $8 car?

That's awesome though. Definitely wanna see vids of that thing run! I don't know how good it is to have your name plastered all over a stock-block turbo D series that was built with less than $2000... that will be racing. If he blows, people might assume you do as well.

Comment

shit, didn't think about that.

But yes, the 2008 includes the price of your car. The catch is, you can sell parts an recoupe the value of your car, up to 1000 or so dollars.

Either way, most poeople that participate in this have do most of the things themselves or have friends with hook ups. That's what its all about.
          The ebay kit he got off a craigslist for 400 dollars brand new. i guess he needed to sell it bad. lol

I know of one other car that was "sponsored" by some big name companies(tuner toys, fjt to name a few). he got forged pistons/rods and a stainless turbo manifold for very cheap! Shit, that same guy got his car for $100 dollars.

Comment

I was wondering what the hole in the hood in the 1st pic was for. That's pretty cool. Let us know how it does in the event.
            [IMG]http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u105/akona21/cb2-2.jpg[/IMG

Comment

thats freakin awesome! props to you guys on the advertisment! the better he does, the better you look! hahaha.
              -RIP Eric Hall. Miss you brother-
              newskoolhippy (10:53:37 PM): i want to see a pic of you with a hard-on to prove thats your cock
              newskoolhippy (10:53:56 PM): i need to see your face in the pic
              newskoolhippy (10:54:07 PM): with todays paper in the picture to prove your taking it now

Comment

Hey, ill advertise for you guys for a special deal....

j/k, but i can definitely put a sticker on there for you guys.

maybe it can be an excuse for the white door.

awesome car though... hope he rips it up

Comment

thats awesome. i love that car and i'd drive it everyday with it how it looks in the pictures

Comment

all i could say about the car is WOW !!

Originally posted by Devergote
                    A CB7 with an H22, a clean paintjob, HIDs with a projector retrofit, some nice wheels, and a mild drop on H&R Sport springs and Koni Yellow shocks... that's the perfect car. I'd be happy with that for the rest of my life.

Comment

but no traction is no bueno
                      I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

That's up to him. He should know how to control it on the track.

Comment

I like the flat black roof. i never seen that b4.

Comment

That's sick!! Wastegate vent's out the hood ftmfw! lol
                            1992 Accord LX - SOLD

Comment

Working...
                            X