Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

when will they learn

Big Street Racing Bust in Southern California

More than 100 officers swarmed on the street racing scene in Ontario, California early Sunday morning, arresting two drivers and one flagger, and citing almost 200 spectators and impounding over 70 cars. Check out the sensationalistic TV coverage on KTLA

http://blog.cardomain.com/blog/2008/...reet-raci.html
    BUILT NOT BOUGHTOG OWNER,SINCE 06/1992

That sucks... But you are right... Cops are cracking down on street racing hardcore... All across the country... Chicago got a couple modded WRX's that they use to catch people... Some people were fighting it saying it entrapment, but how can you fight the law?

"Little" Kenny
    Allison Stokke... Google her... Yeah

92 Accord Ex Sedan - Parting Out

H22 GT4088 CRX build coming soon

Comment

I notice that MOST organized street racing happens in a reasonable distance from a drag strip. I don't get it.

Atco Raceway is 30 minutes outside of Philly. I guess it isn't cool to do it legally.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote. View Post
        I notice that MOST organized street racing happens in a reasonable distance from a drag strip. I don't get it.

Atco Raceway is 30 minutes outside of Philly. I guess it isn't cool to do it legally.

I know right, there is a dragstrip 20 minutes from my driveway(http://www.northeastdragway.net/), yet all these fools use our road as the dragstrip,everynight,and fri-sunday there might be 30-50 cars out there. I live on a narrow country back road,and they actually painted start/finish lines in the road
        BUILT NOT BOUGHTOG OWNER,SINCE 06/1992

Comment

Personally, I'm glad those cars got impounded.
          That's atleast 70 dumbasses without their cars now.

Making the roads safer... one weekend at a time.

Edit: It always make me smile seeing people in large zipties instead of cuffs.

1999 BMW M3
          2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
          2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
          2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

Originally posted by Joshs92ex View Post
            Personally, I'm glad those cars got impounded.
            That's atleast 70 dumbasses without their cars now.

Making the roads safer... one weekend at a time.

LOL...What do they call doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results?

Ever heard of the war against drugs?

Comment

ALL senior citizens should have Life Alert!

I agree it's good they are cracking down, but impounding the spectators?

I can justify citing them, but not taking their cars since technically they didn't do anything except watch. If they had been racing, take their cars, but for watching, just a stiff fine will suffice.

Comment

Originally posted by Fake Thug View Post
                LOL...What do they call doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results?
                Perseverance.

1999 BMW M3
                2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
                2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
                2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

[IMG]http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u105/akona21/cb2-2.jpg[/IMG

Comment

My grandmother-in-law lives in Ontario. Luckily she was able to get her R34 Skyline out of there before the cops swarmed in. Nah, she does live there though. My wife didn't recognize anyone, but said that's less than five minutes from her grandmother's house. And she said Pomona is the closest drag strip. My wife used to work at California Motor Speedway and Pomona for NHRA. Plus she wrenches on her own ride when I'll let her.

Comment

Originally posted by visualpoet View Post
                      And she said Pomona is the closest drag strip.
                      Mapquest says that it's 10 mins away.
                      http://www.mapquest.com/maps?1c=Pomo...=Ontario&2s=CA

So, if they would have driven 10 more minutes, they could have kept their cars.

1999 BMW M3
                      2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
                      2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
                      2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

theres a cop here with a CRX lol it's built, suppose to be fast

but yeah that's why i don't go to street races anymore

Ride: 2002 Lexus IS300

Comment

Originally posted by Lantis View Post
                          ALL senior citizens should have Life Alert!

I agree it's good they are cracking down, but impounding the spectators?

I can justify citing them, but not taking their cars since technically they didn't do anything except watch. If they had been racing, take their cars, but for watching, just a stiff fine will suffice.
                          Impounding the spectators will hopefully make it so there AREN'T spectators in the future. If you can lose your car just for watching, why risk even going? With no spectators, the races are less likely to happen. If you want to race with nobody watching, you just troll the stoplights until you line up with something fun.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote. View Post
                            Impounding the spectators will hopefully make it so there AREN'T spectators in the future. If you can lose your car just for watching, why risk even going? With no spectators, the races are less likely to happen. If you want to race with nobody watching, you just troll the stoplights until you line up with something fun.

If they impose a heavy fine, no one will be able to afford gas. and not only will they not be at organized races, they won't be trolling for races anywhere.

Or better yet.. awesome idea here.

set up a system that says if you are busted at street races or for racing, you can no longer purchase gasoline and if you try to buy gas the station pumps will automatically shut off for you and you will be billed for everyone elses who is currently filling up gas.

now that's a heavy fine for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Joshs92ex View Post

lmaoo yea that is pretty funny! But damn wasting tax payers dollars on spectators! well then again, everyone is alive and safe! but alot of cars are deff gonna be staying in the impound! hmmmm might have to hit up Canada and scoop up a civic or something @ a police auction! haaa
                              " The value of life can be measured by how many times your soul has been deeply stirred " - Soichiro Honda

Comment

Working...
                              X