Turbo GSXR1000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Turbo GSXR1000

I figure some of you guys will definately LOVE this monster, belongs to my step brother.

'05 GSXR 1000.

... turbocharged

This is the old look, summer of '07

See that cute little dump pipe sticking out

Had a mishap towing the bike to the track, another car hit the trailer.. so new ferrings were in order.
    Summer '08

The best ET we got out of the bike when it was stock was 9.89 (cant remember the exact MPH as it was a few years ago) with the front strapped, stock tire.
    The best ET after the first turbo setup was ... 9.41 ... at 157MPH LOL
    That was with 9 inches out on the swingarm, front strapped and a Mickey Thompson cheater. That was all on 8psi.

First set of races this year there was catostrophic engine failure and we were picking pieces of the engine up from one end of the track to the other.
    There is now a brand new engine at the shop getting new internals, upgraded fuel system, few other odds and ends, and its going up to 12psi.

The whole idea with the bike is still to be able to drive it on the street, which means no slick and no drag bar.

And just for some more stuff to look at, this belongs to one of the guys we travel with. Pretty quick machine as well.

My Member Ride Thread

-Nate

a guy here in louisville has a turbo 03 busa pushing 14lbs and putting down over 300hp....which is nuts on a bike. ill try to find the video of it on youtube, i think it ran like mid 8s or something at like 164mph

My Members Ride Thread
    Originally posted by deevergote
    You have to think outside the box to get IN the box!

Comment

wow NOS on that one with the paint job
      Maple50175 - you're annoying =P
      Brandoncb7 - I don't mean to come across like an ass but I see why you irritate Aaron now.
      JoshM - Crotch rocket = chick magnet.

Comment

Those scare the shit out of me.
        1993 Accord EX
        2011 Subaru STi

Comment

Originally posted by tonymontana1204 View Post
          Those scare the shit out of me.
          Same here. They're thoroughly impressive machines, but I wouldn't be caught dead on one! I'd most likely be caught dead after I fell off.

I can't imagine going that fast on a bike. Are they street driven, or drag bikes only?

And to have an engine explode just inches from my twig-n-berries? No thanks!

Comment

I drove STOCK GSXR's and was terrified haha, im fine sitting on the sidelines and turning wrenches on it!

My step bros 1000 is driven, he takes it on tons of cruises in the summer.
            The bike with the NX kit on it is more of a weekend warrior.

My Member Ride Thread

-Nate

Comment

Very impressive, mostly that he's continued with it even after all the stuff that's happened with it.

Originally posted by Maple50175
              Oh here we go again. Maples other half.

Comment

Working...
              X