okay seriously...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

okay seriously...

the voltmeter test is the easiest thing to do, dont bring your shit to autozone or advanced auto parts. just test the voltage when the vehicle is running, off and revved.

a multimeter only costs like 20 bucks nowadays too.

we get 5 questions a week in regards to battery and alternator problems.
    I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Srsly lol. And I think the craftsman one (even though cheap) is like 15 bucks lol if even that. Its something absurdly low.

The New-ish Ride
    My old Ride
    Hear my Vtak!!!
    MK3 Member #3
    I piss off people for fun.
    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

stop complaining. its annoying

no
      Accord turbo kit under $2k here
      $30 HID kits here Thread
      "What a selfish bitch. She looks like one too. A smart-mouthed, facebook-ing, "i dont know if im straight, bi or *** yet" little brat." -greencb7inkc
      "No Herra Frush, Slammed, tucked or frame dragging here. I'll leave that to the mini trucks...." -fishdonotbounce

Comment

Originally posted by Law Grandeur View Post
        stop complaining. its annoying
        so is yourface

burn

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k View Post
          the voltmeter test is the easiest thing to do, dont bring your shit to autozone or advanced auto parts. just test the voltage when the vehicle is running, off and revved.

a multimeter only costs like 20 bucks nowadays too.

we get 5 questions a week in regards to battery and alternator problems.
          Some people justy dont understand. Thats why the people at autozone have jobs....

----------------My 92 Honda Accord LX---------------------- My 97 Nissan 240sx LE----

NE GUYS, Buy the last of my accord parts

Comment

its bothers me that alot of people dont know the simple basics of there car ..... i had a guy (mid 40's) come into my dealership with an 01 civic needing help with his wiper blades (non refill)

i paid like 300 for my snapon bluepoint multimeter ...... (it was required for school )
            R.I.P. 6-10-07

(\__/)
            (O.o )
            (> < )

My Rotor DIY
            I'm not perfect i will make mistakes if i do just point it out to me

Comment

i inherited mine from my dad.

Comment

i need to test my alternator. i have just purchased a voltage meter. please can i have step by step directions and what numbers am i looking for? thanks

Comment

Originally posted by alifeva View Post
                  i need to test my alternator. i have just purchased a voltage meter. please can i have step by step directions and what numbers am i looking for? thanks

set up your meter to read voltage (refer to instructions included with meter) read the voltage at the battery with the car reved up to about 2500 -3000 rpm you should have a reading of at least 13.8 volts under load (ie all the lights ac on) .... may be higher depending on the alternator (how new it is oem or aftermarket blah blah blah) but i'd look for a reading of at least 13.8 under load ant around 14.2 volts with no load revved up
                  Last edited by CrazyHondaOwnR; 09-28-2008, 06:08 PM.
                  R.I.P. 6-10-07

(\__/)
                  (O.o )
                  (> < )

My Rotor DIY
                  I'm not perfect i will make mistakes if i do just point it out to me

Comment

k thanx. my car is still acting up. new battery and tightened negative cable. Rpm is at 750 but drops to 500 when I put it in Reverse . and when I shut off the engine the needle just drops like it is barely holding up. But it is starting every time, think maybe i'm getting all my power from the battery and the alternator is done.

Comment

Originally posted by 92jdm View Post
                      so is yourface

burn
                      wtf dude. Just cuz you're one of the people that this thread is directed to.

Comment

Originally posted by 92jdm View Post
                        so is yourface

burn
                        pfffft im fucking beautiful! dont be hatin'!

no
                        Accord turbo kit under $2k here
                        $30 HID kits here Thread
                        "What a selfish bitch. She looks like one too. A smart-mouthed, facebook-ing, "i dont know if im straight, bi or *** yet" little brat." -greencb7inkc
                        "No Herra Frush, Slammed, tucked or frame dragging here. I'll leave that to the mini trucks...." -fishdonotbounce

Comment

it's kinda like a check engine light.

you check the light first, read your chart and break it down to your potential problems. i guess i make it sound too easy.
                          I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Working...
                          X