Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cb7 is getting too much to keep up

Well as the title has it.

The Cb7 is getting too much to keep up in repairs.

At 270k the original coils and struts have basically failed.

Thus, the car has sunk low under its own weight.

The cost to replace them? 645 dollars (with labor)

Rotors pads and drum shoes? After two years of riding on them.

Cost 848 dollars for everything to replace (reason being...the labor cost kills me)

Yeah I lightly modded it...I put a new header on it...but aside from that..my car could be looking to be parted out at a local junkyard in NH.

My gfs getting a 5spd 93 MX-6 with a 6cyl. I drove it on a test drive..and boy was I sold. That car is fucking fast.

I may get a CD5 cause the 94s do look a little sexy who knows but I wont stray far from my first love...CB7 baby.

I cant see my self owning another different brand of car.

Either I get another CB7 thats squeaky mofo clean or a clean black CD5.

Lifes a trip just drive..
    Henry R
    Koni/Neuspeed
    1992 Accord LX R.I.P
    1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
    Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
    made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

how much you want for the car if you sold it too me.
    To have loved and lost is better than to have never loved at all #CB7Life

Comment

If I did sell it..id say a mere 500 bucks.

Im just really fustrated...I want parts but its expensive. I have the a6 so I match up to an EX. I was recently thinking about the h22 trans..but I dont know how much that would get me.

oh yeah Soy boy if ya want pics..let me know I'll have Maple or someone with a digi cam take pics sometime.

The rear quarter panels are rusted...trunk leaks in a little water.

The front end is off a bit so the car goes thru front tires every two months.

Both front doors need replacement because of the..window tracks (they broke)

Fenders need replacement...the list goes on.
      Henry R
      Koni/Neuspeed
      1992 Accord LX R.I.P
      Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,

Comment

ahh man not another man ditching his beloved CB7!

Just try to fix everything on the car, I know you can do it cheaper because labor is what's raping you.

You just need new window run channels probably and that's $120 for both of them and your windows will be good as new then. I had to do the same thing!

Your suspension, it's easy to fix that. Just get some stock struts and springs or whatever you want and fix it your self. We can walk you through it!
        Adam - Retired OG member from '03
        2010 Lexus IS-F : Starfire Pearl
        2009 Yamaha R1 Raven : Black on Black
        2002 Lexus IS300 : Crystal White Pearl / Black Leather

.. i HAD more shaved on my accord than your girl does on her entire body..

Comment

seems like everyone is getting rid of their cb7

Comment

Originally posted by green cb7
            seems like everyone is getting rid of their cb7

..i'll be selling my cb7 by next summer
            5.6L V8 32V DOHC
            JDM HERITAGE - US BUILT

Comment

Well dont get me wrong rebels. I love the car to death...Im the only one out of all my friends that has kept his or her own car the longest (its my very first car).

Im debating for another Cb7 or a CD5. My car just has too much rust for being a north eastern owned car...(fuckin rents never really took care of the body anyways :angry)
              Henry R
              Koni/Neuspeed
              1992 Accord LX R.I.P
              Legend FSM

Comment

Hey... man if u ever do leave it. Ill take those front tires

and that header heh that is sweet

Comment

just fix it yourself. . . I may to b/c this parting out thing is not going to make me enough. We can fix them together?

Comment

Hey man whast up contact me on aim=soysaucecb7 thanks

Comment

dont do it.
                      I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

my car caught on fire last night.
                        H22 Prelude VTEC 92-96 200 161 10.6:1 87 90 DOHC VTEC 2157 JDM

190.3whp 155 wtq - with bolt ons, and a dc header

ET=14.457 @ 94mph w/ 2.173 60Fter

Comment

Originally posted by phatdoughnut
                          my car caught on fire last night.
                          o shit what heppened?

Comment

Get another CB7... CD5s suck in comparison. I don't care if they have more aftermarket support... Honda cheaped out on them! My roommate has one, and it's in good shape, with low mileage. It's a turd with no testicular fortitude whatsoever... The SOHC F22B engines are the ultimate soccer-mom gas-saver engines. The F22A at least has some cajones to it! Just my opinion, but I much prefer the CB7... 92-93 in particular

And what the hell happened to your car, phatty?

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
                              Get another CB7... CD5s suck in comparison. I don't care if they have more aftermarket support... Honda cheaped out on them! My roommate has one, and it's in good shape, with low mileage. It's a turd with no testicular fortitude whatsoever... The SOHC F22B engines are the ultimate soccer-mom gas-saver engines. The F22A at least has some cajones to it! Just my opinion, but I much prefer the CB7... 92-93 in particular

And what the hell happened to your car, phatty?
                              exactly, plus the cd5's almost needs a kit or lip kit w/ 17" rims otherwise it looks okay.

and in my opinion i dont like kits, lips are okay. but a lx/dx version of the cd5 seriously looks like crap.
                              I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Working...
                              X