Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chevy Volt

http://autos.yahoo.com/articles/auto...NjaGV2eS12b2x0

I dunno i think it's rather decent (and im not referring to looks)

no
    Accord turbo kit under $2k here
    $30 HID kits here Thread
    "What a selfish bitch. She looks like one too. A smart-mouthed, facebook-ing, "i dont know if im straight, bi or *** yet" little brat." -greencb7inkc
    "No Herra Frush, Slammed, tucked or frame dragging here. I'll leave that to the mini trucks...." -fishdonotbounce

that name doesnt make it rather obvious...
    I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

they finally showed it, i had to do a presentation that involved this car for a class.

Comment

i like the newer version of it. the first prototype i seen was a bit out there. i like the idea but whats the real range going to be on just battery. I like that it has the gas generator but why not a lil diesel?

Comment

I think it looks pretty good

on the stairs, she grabs my arm, says whats up,
          where you been, is something wrong?
          i try to just smile, and say everything’s fine.

Comment

Knowing GM they'll probably just reuse the cobalt body.

Comment

Originally posted by BB6-SH View Post
              they finally showed it, i had to do a presentation that involved this car for a class.
              They didn't really show it... or at least that's not what reports say... According to what I heard, the company that hosts images for GM "accidentally" made them public for 12 minutes... which was more than enough for them to spread like wildfire. This may have been intentional, though. "Leaked" photos generate more hype than "released" photos.

I like the idea. GM is taking the electric car to a level that it has not yet been, which is pretty cool. I'm not too thrilled with GM at the moment, though.

Comment

$40,000? i thought the point was to save money i wonder how many years it will take to pay for its self.

and only 40 miles per charge...i know they can do better than that. there's a guy around here that has an electric rav4. he says it gets 100 miles per charge. he also says the dealership trys to buy it back from him so that they can destroy it. turns out that it's zero maintenance, so they can't profit from that. later.
                Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

People are making electric cars out of the Attack kit cars. Kinda cool.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote. View Post
                    They didn't really show it... or at least that's not what reports say... According to what I heard, the company that hosts images for GM "accidentally" made them public for 12 minutes... which was more than enough for them to spread like wildfire. This may have been intentional, though. "Leaked" photos generate more hype than "released" photos.

I like the idea. GM is taking the electric car to a level that it has not yet been, which is pretty cool. I'm not too thrilled with GM at the moment, though.
                    GM should have been doing this years ago...or take a different approach towards their vehicles.

Comment

Originally posted by TypeG View Post
                      $40,000? i thought the point was to save money i wonder how many years it will take to pay for its self.

and only 40 miles per charge...i know they can do better than that. there's a guy around here that has an electric rav4. he says it gets 100 miles per charge. he also says the dealership trys to buy it back from him so that they can destroy it. turns out that it's zero maintenance, so they can't profit from that. later.
                      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota_RAV4_EV

apparently they are expensive as hell now

no
                      Accord turbo kit under $2k here
                      $30 HID kits here Thread
                      "What a selfish bitch. She looks like one too. A smart-mouthed, facebook-ing, "i dont know if im straight, bi or *** yet" little brat." -greencb7inkc
                      "No Herra Frush, Slammed, tucked or frame dragging here. I'll leave that to the mini trucks...." -fishdonotbounce

Comment

GM needs to break away from making all their cars look so similar. I think it really looks bland and they need to make it look like the concept car.

Comment

Aside from the Solstice, Sky, CTS, and G8 (not counting the Corvette, because that's always cool looking), I don't like any of the GM designs. The Malibu is supposed to be on par with the Accord from reviews, but I'd take an Accord over that boring thing any day!

I don't know what orifice GM pulled the Sky from, but I wish they would tap that source again and poop out another such gem. I think the Sky is an amazingly styled car! (In Europe, it's the Opel GT... the previous model Opel GT was basically a Lotus Elise)

Comment

I will believe the awesomeness when I see it in the real world.

I remember all of the promises of the EV1 as well (I was absolutely in LOVE with that car), but they panned out to be a miss.

The generator might help, but my guess would be that it will not recharge as fast as it discharges. Oddly, the EV1 which had an advertised range of over 100 miles, was lucky to get 20 in the winter due to electrical draw from things like heaters and lights.

Honestly, I don't think batteries will ever pack the energy density, and thus cheapness of fuel. The most promising upcoming technology IMO are hydrogen fuel cells. They are already killing EV's, with less waste, more driveability, and an unlimited supply of fuel, not to mention no real toxic waste. We need a fueling infrastructure and a few other things, but overall, it is an adaptable and promising technology.

Biggest issue with these types of cars? We burn mostly fossil fuel to create the fuel or "juice" that powers them. Burning a pound of coal to save a gallon of gas doesn't make a lot of sense, and until some structural issues are solved, the real benefits will be limited.
                            The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

well i would like to see a diesel version. i never understood why they didn't make a car that didn't have the gas engine drive the wheels, just a generator. have it run at a steady speed, maximize economy

if it was a diesel, would open up fuel options

personally like to see a electric car that had a three supplies of power. generator, small hydrogen fuel cell, and outlet. then it could replace til we had an infrastructure and cheaper technology for the fuel cell.

be able to switch from sources or drive the car off the generator and part of the hydrogen cell output, and use the remaining cell power to recharge the batteries.
                              Last edited by kc8enb07; 09-17-2008, 08:32 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X