Hurricane IKE pictures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hurricane IKE pictures

Image of Hurricane Ike on September 10, 2008, taken by the crew of the International Space Station, flying 220 miles above Earth. Ike barreled into the densely populated Texas coast near Houston early September 13, 2008, bringing with it a wall of water and ferocious winds and rain that flooded large areas along the Gulf of Mexico and paralyzed the fourth-largest U.S. city. (REUTERS/NASA/Handout) #

Ike passed over Cuba and Haiti prior to its landfall in Texas. This is a view of the flooded waterflont in Baracoa, eastern Cuba on September 7, 2008. (STR/AFP/Getty Images) #

This image from September 8, 2008 was provided by the U.S. Navy. Homes seen in Port De Paix, Haiti remain flooded after four storms in one month have devastated the area and killed more than 800 people. The amphibious assault ship USS Kearsarge (LHD 3) has been diverted from the scheduled Continuing Promise 2008 humanitarian assistance deployment in the western Caribbean to conduct hurricane relief operations in Haiti. (Emmitt Hawks/U.S. Navy via Getty Images) #

The surge before the storm swamps Galveston Island, Texas, and a fire destroys homes along the beach as Hurricane Ike approaches Friday, Sept. 12, 2008. (AP Photo/David J. Phillip) #

An alligator is seen crossing a road in Sabine Pass, Texas, Sunday, Sept. 14, 2008, as the area recovers from the effects of Hurricane Ike. (AP Photo/Eric ***) #

Flooding over access road 523 to Surfside beach, caused by Hurricane Ike forming in the Gulf of Mexico, is seen near Surfside Beach, Texas September 12, 2008. (REUTERS/Carlos Barria) #

Homes and businesses on the Clear Creek Channel in Seabrook are surrounded by rising water from Galveston Bay on Saturday, Sept. 13, 2008 after Hurricane Ike passed through overnight as a Category 2 storm. (AP Photo/The Galveston County Daily News, Kevin M. Cox) #

With Hurricane Ike offshore, Michael Gardner walks in high water in front of a burning marina warehouse in Galveston, Texas, Friday, Sept. 12, 2008. Fire fighters could not reach the structure so they allowed the structure to burn. (AP Photo/LM Otero) #

People ride in the back of a pickup truck through floodwaters from Hurricane Ike Sunday, Sept. 14, 2008 in High Island, Texas. (AP Photo/David J. Phillip, Pool) #

A single home is left standing among debris from Hurricane Ike September 14, 2008 in Gilchrist, Texas. Floodwaters from Hurricane Ike were reportedly as high as eight feet in some areas causing widespread damage across the coast of Texas. (David J. Phillip-Pool/Getty Images) #

An overturned car sits in floodwaters from Hurricane Ike September 14, 2008 in Gilchrist, Texas. (PHILLIP/AFP/Getty Images) #

A house sits among debris, piled up by storm surges after Hurricane Ike made landfall September 14, 2008 in Crystal Beach, Texas. ((DAVID J. PHILLIP/AFP/Getty Images) #

Comment

A woman walks through a flooded neighborhood street, Sunday, Sept. 14, 2008, in Orange, Texas. Hurricane Ike's surge overcame the levee along the Sabine River that flows by Orange causing widespread flooding to the city. (AP Photo/Tony Gutierrez) #

A man inspects the damage in front of the JP Morgan Chase Tower after Hurricane Ike past through the city September 13, 2008 in Houston Texas. Hurricane Ike made landfall in the middle of the night causing widespread damage. (Photo by Mark Wilson/Getty Images) #

A building maintenance worker walks over shattered glass from windows blown out by Hurricane Ike on the JPMorgan Chase tower Saturday, Sept. 13, 2008 in Houston. (AP Photo/David J. Phillip) #

A cemetery flooded by storm surge from Hurricane Ike is shown, Saturday, Sept. 13, 2008, in Galveston, Texas. (AP Photo/Matt Slocum) #

The Hollywood Community Cemetery is seen with several caskets scattered about after surfacing due to flood waters caused by Hurricane Ike, Sunday, Sept. 14, 2008, in Orange, Texas. (AP Photo/Tony Gutierrez) #

Search and rescue workers drive down a flooded road as they search the Sabine Pass area of Port Arthur, Texas, Sunday, Sept. 14, 2008 following Hurricane Ike. (AP Photo/Eric ***) #

Comment

Christ.

Unbelievable.

I remember watching it on CNN at work thinking, "wow, a lot of people will die tonight."
        "This truck is 100% sh*ts and giggles."
        "Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary... that's what gets you." Jeremy Clarkson

You're not JDM until you have a car built in ohio with tons of bolt ons from ebay.
        Disregard females, acquire currency
        BUS 62 AIN'T F'ING AROUND!

Comment

damn

that's bad!

im going to drop off some cans or food and stuff, at the local hurricane ike recovery thing.

that crocodile pic is hot..

and whats up with the BRIDGE? is that the way it's built? or the hurricane caused it to be like that?

Ride: 2002 Lexus IS300

Comment

My prayers go out to all in the affected areas.

Big storms DEFINITELY do more damage than smaller higher powered ones. Katrina washed away most of my early childhood hang-outs.

Good luck to those in Texas, from what I gather power will be out a while...
            MRT(vvv) --Stock CB7 Enthusiast #1--

Vouches: new_beginnings, ThrakBarts, beanzfynest617, JaK FRoSTWhiTE, 92_EX_Ninja, mak
            Originally posted by deevergote
            i am with the dumb. i cannot brain.

Comment

okay, i watched a bit of this on the news today....

few things id like to say..

1.. i feel bad that all those homes were destroyed leaving countless people stranded and homeless...

2...as bas as i feel for them...for those who decided to STAY in the towns that were supposed to be evacuated and those people are now begging for help....get real...they asked you to evacuate for a fucking reason!! if it was going to be safe then they would of let everyone stay...you decided to stay...fucking deal with it.

3...i hate gas prices right now....this is fuckign stupid, canada refines its OWN gas...sells it to the US, and then buys it back....now i have fucked up gas prices all because its part of the same thing...i forget what its called right now..brain fart....

4. anyone on this board from texas that had their houses destroyed, im sorry to hear that, hopefully you guys do alright, if we have one of those support bins at local grocery stores, ill throw some stuff in there.
              ..[CB7][STAR]..
              MY MEMBERS RIDE THREAD

Comment

awesome pics

on the stairs, she grabs my arm, says whats up,
                where you been, is something wrong?
                i try to just smile, and say everything’s fine.

Comment

Unbelievable the extent of damage.

SOLD!!
                  Boosted H22
                  375whp 298 ft/lbs at 15psi

MEMBERS RIDE THREAD<<<CLICK FOR VIDS AND COOL PICS

Comment

thats some shit right there. ive heard that IKE was as big as texas. thats a big ass fuckin storm

Comment

does anyone notice caskets

Comment

The pictures of the flooded cemetery and the unearthed caskets reminds me of the Floods of 93 we had in the Midwest. I remember driving past a couple different cemeteries that were flooded and caskets were floating around.

Hopefully the weather will cooperate with Texas so they can get everything put back together. I saw a convoy of 10 trucks from a local tree maintenance service headed down I-35 on Sunday and there was a group of 20 or 25 from the Kansas City Power & Light (power company) heading for Texas to help restore power.

All these storms seem to keep bringing rain and weather up here to KC. We had about 9.5 inches of rain in the last week and a couple tornadoes on Friday. Thankfully it was at least a little bit spread out so the flooding wasn't as bad as it could have been... This week is supposed to be back in the mid to upper 70's and dry.

Comment

my lowered honda would render itself useless in a flood. time to sell it.
                          I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

I myself was not afffected by Ike in Laredo Texas,, but I am here in Houston for ther rest of the week(until Sunday) as part of the Home Depot Hurricane Ike relief teams, there are many of us from around the Texas area and surrounding states that are helping run or running the stores ourselves while those employees affected by this get their lives back on track. I will try my best to take pics of what I can, for what I know, the coast is closed and none of us has seen what actually has been shown in these pics because for one downtown Houston is closed, two- we are here only to help out Home Depot stores, and three- their is a cerfew in Houston at 9pm, but we went to Alvin Texas and the light posts have been broken and/or are leaning really bad (the Alvin Texas store was being run on generators until they gave out). In the West side of Houston, where we are staying, there is electricity, but when we drove around to get something to eat, some convenience store signs have been blown out and are in the middle of th street shattered and light is non-existant for now and you have to wait for gas in line for a good 20 min(not that bad considering the cops are directing traffic in and out of gas stations) if the store hasnt run out or there is electricity to run the gas pumps. Tomorrow my group is going to Huntsville in the morning, I will try and take pics, Laters and thanks to all those sending blessings to the coast of the great state of Texas. ----------Peace!
                            Last edited by SpdJnky93; 09-16-2008, 02:40 AM.
                            South Texas M_thaf_cka, that's where I stay!

Check out my Frost White CB
                            http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=SpdJnky93

Comment

Damn....that's why I won't live on the southern coast. I want to be inland and maybe just get rain or the ass-end of a tropical storm. That's baaaaddd.
                              VIP Status.

Comment

Working...
                              X